“Lovely facility and nice spa services” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
July Getaways: Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Lovely facility and nice spa services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is a visual treat, particularly the indoor atrium where you will find interesting landscapes, miniature train set-ups, and even a vineyard. Restaurants and shops along the way will also peak your interest, along with a full service spa tucked into the corner of the property.

The dining options center around Tex-Mex and barbecue fare, but there's along an Italian restaurant on property (highly recommend.) Restaurants are moderate to high price, in line with what you may expect from a resort property. Several coffee shops are available for quick dining options, as well.

Rooms are spacious and well maintained. Luxury bedding, ample closet space, in-room safe, and hide-away television offer a nice touch. Room service is prompt, but there's a very limited selection and I found the food at the restaurants to be better prepared and more appealing.

The three major highlights on property are:
- the well-designed, spacious conference center that located a short, indoor walk away from any room on property.
- the excellent, relaxing full service spa with quality staff, complimentary beverages, and an extensive range of amenities.
- the glass bar/nightclub outside the main property that offers a variety of entertainment including band performances

Overall, an excellent choice for hosting a conference or for a quick, romantic or spa get-away.

Room Tip: Request a room with an atrium view. In addition to a nice view, they also have a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

2,061 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Polish first
Arlington, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you are at the hotel and have plans for them to visit you at the hotel (such was my case,,,as I was the visiting friend)..let them know that parking is not free. Self parking is currently $13.00 for four hours and if you stay past that as I did, it turns into $17.00 plus tax. My receipt shows $18.40.
This is for parking at a place just because it is the Gaylord Hotel..LOL...Parking for that amount of time costs nowhere near that in Dallas downtown. They all smile a lot there at the hotel when I did visit. No wonder. Just be forewarned and let your local friends know or have them pick you up out front if you might be going somewhere for other nice things to eat and do in the area...(plenty at a reduced cost). If you are going to dine there, remember to tell them to bring their parking ticket in to get it validated...that might help..I don't know..My first time to visit and I did not.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Collierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I travel to Dallas on business quite a bit and prefer to stay in the general area of DFW Airport. However, the hotels in the general surrounding area of DFW Airport "stay busy all the time". My travel agent and I sort of have a running joke about this to see if I am able to stay at the same hotel two trips in a row during the same year !! This last trip I asked my travel agent about available hotels in the DFW Airport area and her response was...."have plenty of rooms in Grapevine...just down from Hwy 121 (the main north and south artery that runs thru DFW Airport)....."it's the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine". Apparently the Gaylord hotel chain now has an arrangment with Marriott. If you are a Marriott Rewards frequent traveler....you can now stay at all the Gaylord hotels and get Marriott points. They also have special rates for Marriott frequest travelers as well. The Gaylord Texan has "everything". 5 Star dining, sports bar, waterpark, night life, you name it.....you could stay here and never have to leave !! They will even shuttle you down the road to The Hard 8 Texas Bar-B-Q if you want. This "is" the best kept hotel secret in Dallas !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are awesome ! Some have an inside view-which is just fine-because the atrium is all wi...
Shenandoah, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I attended a company dinner this last weekend. The hotel and room were absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to check out another location this summer!
Our dinner for the conference was good but a few things:
The server took away our plates while we were still eating them
She took our coffee cups away without asking, and when we asked for coffee, she took the cups from other tables to serve us.
When one person at our table asked for coffee, she rudely stated "I had asked you if you wanted some before I took the cup", which none of the 10 people at the table apparently heard.

Other than this one server, the hotel was great! Thanks so much!!!
Oh, want to praise Rosi, the employee that brought up service to me, she was so sweet!!

• Stayed April 2013
libraryladyfo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Last time I visited the Gaylord Texan it was 2010 and I did not have the chance to try different restaurants OR to see the outlaying areas of the property. This visit, I tried several of the hotel restaurants (including the 24 hours deli/coffee shop after we arrived at 11 p.m). Very good, not great, but good. Found the lazy river water park a bit down the way (take the trolley) what a fun place! We were here for a conference/training of health & mentor coaches, and we always eat healthy. The hotel lunches were great, a blend of lean protein & great veggies, as well as fruit, yogurt and iced tea! Staff is very helpful, the concierge helped with transportation to downtown Grapevine. Before 3 p.m. you must take a taxi or hotel car, after 3p there is a downtown shuttle that runs every 30 minutes. GREAT fun, quaint shops with wonderful owners present, great restaurants, just all around good time!!

Room Tip: I believe the rooms with a view of the atrium are considered an upgrade, but if you can get one that...
Sedona, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The convention center was great. The food service at the restaurants was very poor. Our group was large and patient but it was very unorganized. The bar tender at the Italian was rude and in my opinion Chauvinistic, which I thought was outdated in our country. Room service never got one order correct. The food was average. Its a beautiful place, the service needs to be better in all areas including housekeeping.

Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked a room with the Remember Romance Package, which included champagne, cakeballs and 20% off the Spa services. My favorite part of the hotel is the spa. You can go for the entire afternoon and sit in the sauna, sitting areas, nap or go in the co-ed sitting area in between services. The services were all very good and this was my second time to visit. I will be going back soon.

The hotel itself is fine. The room was clean, but I don't think it is a $200-300 per night room. However, I would stay again because it was a really fun way to get away without leaving town.

We took a cab to Soutlake for dinner. It was $25 and took about 15 minutes. They have a nice area with Trulucks, Taco Diner, Brio and some other good places to eat. I have eaten in the hotel at the mexican restaurant on a previous visit and thought it was OK, but not worth trying again.

The spa did initially give me a total charge that was about double. For some reason they were charging for a future service I had booked. It was fixed before I checked out, but it is the second visit and second billing error. The last time I went to the spa they charged my card for the other two people with me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!