This place is crazy big and crazy good.
The main area under the atrium is designed to look like the Alamo, albeit with waterways, fountains and restaurants.
I had a room on the 9th (top) floor of the Riverview Walk side. It was spacious, luxurious and had a balcony with a view of the whole atrium.
You should walk the grounds to see how big it is and how many things there are to see and do. Lots of restaurants, a sports bar with the hugest screen, fitness centre and spa, shops and a Fedex store to send all those vacation purchases home.
My room was lovely, large and comfortable. There is a desk, fridge & coffeemaker. The tv was inside the armoire - which is nice as it faces the bed - so you can hide it away when you sleep.
I did have an issue with the service as I asked for some half-and-half for my coffee. I refuse to use the awful powdered creamer that most hotels expect us to use. I called at 4.30pm and nothing had arrived before I left for dinner at 5.30pm. I figured it was on its way up and would be put into my fridge for when I got back.
No such luck. When I got back at 10.30pm I called again. Half an hour later, still nothing, so I called again.
At this time I realised that my airconditioner was blowing cold air (as I had a cold, this was not good). Calling down to maintenance received a much speedier response. Two workmen came up and fixed it in a jiffy...at the same time my cream was finally delivered.
It's understandable to have staffing issues in a place this big, but I was a little disappointed that it took three calls just to get some cream.
I give it a 'very good' as there is nothing between 'average' and 'very good'. A solid 'good' is where I would put this particular experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine