“Texas Disneyland!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Lone Star Christmas
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Sydney, Australia
“Texas Disneyland!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is crazy big and crazy good.

The main area under the atrium is designed to look like the Alamo, albeit with waterways, fountains and restaurants.

I had a room on the 9th (top) floor of the Riverview Walk side. It was spacious, luxurious and had a balcony with a view of the whole atrium.

You should walk the grounds to see how big it is and how many things there are to see and do. Lots of restaurants, a sports bar with the hugest screen, fitness centre and spa, shops and a Fedex store to send all those vacation purchases home.

My room was lovely, large and comfortable. There is a desk, fridge & coffeemaker. The tv was inside the armoire - which is nice as it faces the bed - so you can hide it away when you sleep.

I did have an issue with the service as I asked for some half-and-half for my coffee. I refuse to use the awful powdered creamer that most hotels expect us to use. I called at 4.30pm and nothing had arrived before I left for dinner at 5.30pm. I figured it was on its way up and would be put into my fridge for when I got back.

No such luck. When I got back at 10.30pm I called again. Half an hour later, still nothing, so I called again.

At this time I realised that my airconditioner was blowing cold air (as I had a cold, this was not good). Calling down to maintenance received a much speedier response. Two workmen came up and fixed it in a jiffy...at the same time my cream was finally delivered.

It's understandable to have staffing issues in a place this big, but I was a little disappointed that it took three calls just to get some cream.

I give it a 'very good' as there is nothing between 'average' and 'very good'. A solid 'good' is where I would put this particular experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We attempted to check in a little before 3 for an anniversary getaway. A half hour later we are still waiting for our room. Apparently they are 98% occupied which I'm not sure how this is now our problem but it is. This is after they tried to give us a room with 2 queens instead of the king we reserved weeks ago. We were told that was only a request and they can't always be honored. We were not staying in separate beds for our anniversary. Finally the check in lady searched and found a different room but it has yet to be inspected so we have to hang out in the lobby.
We are local and this is our first trip here. We thought itd be a nice treat but its turning into an annoyance. Not impressed yet.
The valet and door staff have been very welcoming and nice and the hotel is beautiful. However we'd like our room so we can relax.
I'm scared how the rest of our stay will pan out with this rough beginning. Any other place we would be unpacking already and have more money in our pockets. While the outside staff made us feel valued walking in, the impression we get trying to get a room leads me to believe they could care less. They happily took our money to pay for our yet to be seen room.

• Stayed February 2013
Grapevine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was lied to on six occasions over a four hour period today. They will swear to you they are going to clean your room in 30 minutes. But all they really do is say it. If your waiting for them to finish so you can take a nap your out of luck You can complain all you want, but they still clean your room when they get around to it- not when they say they will. In fact the Front Office Supervisor, Michelle Sims told me personally- " We have 1500 rooms, yours is just one of them." I have had better service at a gas station.

Room Tip: Stay away, you can't trust them to do what they say.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Big convention center. Nice people who really walked the show and asked if they could do anything additional for you. Very supportive and helpful staff members. Watch out for the multiple levels. Bring your walking shoes to get from the parking garage to the hall. More meeting rooms available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

At check in we requested early check in two weeks in advance and yet when we got there at 1 pm, we were told our room was not ready by a very surly clerk. We then asked where our room would be, and again rudely were told she couldn't tell us but went and got her manager. Well, my guess neither of them were from Texas-rude to the core!
I was born & raised in Texas and we don't treat folks like that! I have been many times to the Gaylord Palms in Orlando and love it there! I have been to the Gaylord Opryland and were treated wonderfully! Marriott needs to get a handle on this property! I am a travel agent and would not book anyone here and I came to scope it out for my business!
At 2:30 still no call saying out room was ready! Definetly not "The Best in the West"!

• Stayed February 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel was superb. The indoor dome enables you to have an outdoor experience no matter how the outside weather is. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It's their pleasure to help you. The rooms are beautiful, spacious, clean and house keeping are great. The gym is a good size with an indoor and outdoor heated pool. The conference facilities are amazing. The bars and restaurants are great.

Room Tip: A lot of the rooms face into the dome, they have a balcony and the outer rooms have natural light an...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I went to a Vistage Think Big Conference in Dallas and was really very impressed with the resort. We were a group of 1000 and they made you feel very welcome and at home. The staff really goes out of their way to help you, find your way around this large property the rooms are very clean and very nicely furnished. and and the indoor atrium really gives you the feeling you are outside. The outdoor spaces are beautiful and they host several small sitting areas with small fire pits at night where small groups can sit outside and visit. NICE TOUCH!

Now for the food. We had lunch at the Catina one of the best dishes was the "Redfish" prepared beautifully and delicious and the steakhouse has a very impressive wine and cheese cart service. I have been to a lot of meetings but the break outs were done so creatively. One day it was a candy bar, one day popcorn stations with all sorts of popcorn machines and carmel corn stations, one day cookies and baked goods, with a great display. Really well done! I would definitely go back

Room Tip: I stayed in the rear tower and liked it a lot near the convention center and outdoor areas.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!