“Nice convention space” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Christmas In Orlando
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Grapevine
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Nice convention space”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My company exhibited at a recent conference at the Gaylord Texan. The property is beautiful and well maintained, and of course, it's huge! A few things here that would make this a bit easier for business folks: there's no quick place to grab food on the same floor as the convention hall. When one of our team members went to find lunch, it took her 2 hours to find the quick serve place the floor above. While she was in line, it was announced they had run out of everything except cheese pizza. Seems like poor planning on their part, because this was a huge conference. She ended up having to go to a restaurant, order to go-food and wait. They aren't set up to do to-go food, so they only had linen napkins and real silverware which they told us to just throw away after we were done. There were several times I went into the restrooms across from the convention hall and five stalls were completely out of toilet paper. That's pretty unacceptable. Parking was a bit of a nightmare too. The parking garage that serves the convention center filled up by 9am, forcing us to park at the other garage which was 1 mile from the convention center. There wasn't a shuttle, and it was freezing, so our male staff member physically ran from the lot back inside. It was pretty bad. Negatives aside, the holiday decorations were beautiful and the shuttle service to the airport ($12/each way) was very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Polish first
Carrollton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

They Gaylord is a nice resort with all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a first class family oriented resort. The rooms are nice but not outstanding. Service from the fresh faced staff is friendly but, as witnessed from the youthful appearance of everyone from the front desk to the wait staff, inexperienced. This doesn't mean it's not good, it means that this job is a stop along the way to another job for these folks. Which also means they have no vested interest in going above 'acceptable' service for the customer.

Bottom line: you get what you pay for and at the Gaylord, you pay a lot.

Room Tip: Go for an atrium facing room with a balcony overlooking the central part of the building. Grab a bo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Attica, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed here for three days during a conference. I have stayed at the Gaylord Opry Land in Nashville so had certain expectations. Some of the reviews I read for this property were less than favorable so my expectations were not very high. I travel extensively and attend conferences all over so I know what to expect.

The room was a king, had a bath with two sinks and elegant furniture. The room was very clean and seemed much more updated compared to Opry Land. It was what one would expect for the price and very inviting. My only complaint was the lighting, not sure if they used anything over a 40 watt bulb.

The grounds were being set up for Christmas and everything looked nice. The staff was friendly and I would be hard pressed to find much I did not like.

I ate at the Mexican place on property and the food was good but not fantastic. The conference food we ate was very good and well prepared. Try the wine bar, great selection!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We spent 6 days at the Texan for a convention and it married both the work and pleasure aspect nicely. It was great to not have to leave the property to eat as there onsite restaurants were great. Room were at an above average level for a hotel, but it is the amenities that makes this a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Gaylord for a recent golf expo. We booked our trip through Texas golf trail concierge. The resort was impressive. Nice rooms, great personal service, sports bar was incredible for watching college football. I'll return with my family. Great stay highly recommend Gaylord Texan.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Colbert, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great experience...It was my husbands birthday and we stayed two nights and it was so relaxing. The food was good and the Christmas decorations was just beautiful. The Dreamworks Ice show was just incredible. The rooms are beautiful and very roomy. We stayed in the lone star atrium area and it was just beautiful with the balcony overlooking tha decorated atrium area. The trains and the decorated trees was just beautiful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I work for an event management company that handles meetings and events for several differnt organizations and buisnesses.

We recently held one of our annual clients' meetings at the Gaylord Texan, and overall it was a pretty bad experience. The attendees didn't notice (thank god), but as the staff and the meeting planners, well, we were treated like crap. My personl experience started with check in. The computer systems were down, so check in was a little slow. That wasn't an issues for me. It was the fact that the front desk agent told me at check in "your room may or may not be clean when you get up there. So, just call us if it isn't clean and we'll come up". UMMMM....I'm pretty sure you can check on the room via radio. I was a former hotel person, and I would have NEVER said that to a guest at check in.

We had to ask multiple times for things before anything ever happened. There was always someone more important than our group. Even though we were there for 3 days in a row with 150 guests. It was BAD.

After the face, the bill took 2 weeks to get to us. After reviewing immediately and sending my changes the next day, it took them 10 days to return the bill to me. Then they only returned the front page, not the back up documents. It took another 2 days for them to email the back up documents. Nothing was done with any urgency...it was an awful experience from start to finish.

I will never take another group of mine to the Gaylord Texan.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!