“Weekend work trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Up To 20% Off Resorts
Ranked #12 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
“Weekend work trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Gaylord for a recent golf expo. We booked our trip through Texas golf trail concierge. The resort was impressive. Nice rooms, great personal service, sports bar was incredible for watching college football. I'll return with my family. Great stay highly recommend Gaylord Texan.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,959 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
  • Polish first
Colbert, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great experience...It was my husbands birthday and we stayed two nights and it was so relaxing. The food was good and the Christmas decorations was just beautiful. The Dreamworks Ice show was just incredible. The rooms are beautiful and very roomy. We stayed in the lone star atrium area and it was just beautiful with the balcony overlooking tha decorated atrium area. The trains and the decorated trees was just beautiful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I work for an event management company that handles meetings and events for several differnt organizations and buisnesses.

We recently held one of our annual clients' meetings at the Gaylord Texan, and overall it was a pretty bad experience. The attendees didn't notice (thank god), but as the staff and the meeting planners, well, we were treated like crap. My personl experience started with check in. The computer systems were down, so check in was a little slow. That wasn't an issues for me. It was the fact that the front desk agent told me at check in "your room may or may not be clean when you get up there. So, just call us if it isn't clean and we'll come up". UMMMM....I'm pretty sure you can check on the room via radio. I was a former hotel person, and I would have NEVER said that to a guest at check in.

We had to ask multiple times for things before anything ever happened. There was always someone more important than our group. Even though we were there for 3 days in a row with 150 guests. It was BAD.

After the face, the bill took 2 weeks to get to us. After reviewing immediately and sending my changes the next day, it took them 10 days to return the bill to me. Then they only returned the front page, not the back up documents. It took another 2 days for them to email the back up documents. Nothing was done with any urgency...it was an awful experience from start to finish.

I will never take another group of mine to the Gaylord Texan.

Hertford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nobody does a convention better than a Gaylord hotel! Awesome facility.. Great food.. Great service. Super nice rooms. Tile floors and granite counters in bathrooms. Beds were divine. They were decorating for Christmas....what a spectacular display. Took plenty of pictures.. Beautiful.
And the relache spa... Wonderful therapists... Great service with all, and I mean all of the possible amenities. Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: Overlook the atrium
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vilonia, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

The Gaylord Texan was a wonderful place for a work conference and getaway for my husband and I. The hotel is beautiful and the room was nice with a comfortable bed and furniture. We had a balcony with a view of the atrium, which was a nice surprise. We ate at Texas Station twice during our stay, and the food was so good. Try the brisket plate, it is fabulous!

The convention center was very nice facility, comfortable with good food. They handled our large group with ease. This hotel is huge, so everything is very spread out. Be prepared to do a lot of walking!

The Grapevine area has a lot to do, especially shopping and good food. See my reviews of Cafe Italia and Esparzas, too. We would definitely return if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed November 2012
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at the Gaylord from October 27th thru 30th attending a conference. When I checked in I was told I had a double bed when I was told during my reservation I would have a king. When I attempted to change they declined to move me. They charge a hotel tax for amenities that your supposed to get but never receive. And to compund the situation when I checked out no one asked me about my stay and failed to deliver a folio for the room until I called them today. I have attaempted to deliver a customer satisfaction survey twice. Both times the survey crashed so I got frustated and resorted to this site to provide feedback. Will not be back here or any other Gaylord property if I can avoid.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I attended a conference at the Gaylord Texan in late October. The hotel is convenient to DFW and a taxi ride was around $30. Check in was smooth and they provided a map of the hotel and gave me directions to my room. My room was large and comfortable, but didn’t get a room with a view of the Atrium (those have a small balcony). There is a resort fee at the hotel and this includes 2 bottles of water, free wi-fi and access to the fitness center.

The hotel is like a small community. There are restaurants and shops in several places and the conference center is a short walk from the rooms. The fitness center is large with a variety of cardio equipment, free weights and weight machines. Also, there is a club that is a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel if you are interested.

The staff was very helpful and didn’t wait for you to ask for help. I was on my way to print my boarding pass and an employee took me to the front desk since they weren’t busy and printed my boarding pass for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!