“New pool helps buts the service exceeds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Lone Star Christmas
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Austin TX
“New pool helps buts the service exceeds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here because of the new water park, "Paradise Springs", and have not visited the Gaylord Texan for a few years. The new mini water park is available for guest only so it was not crowded, even though we had rented a small cabana to escape the sun. Turns out this place has huge shades that covers chairs, but decided to keep the cabana to enjoy our day and be treated with luxury. The cabana 'Frio' had two nice beach chairs, ice box for drinks, ceiling fan and little tables. A remote control button is used to notify the server you need assistance. The staff here including the lifeguards are extremely nice and helpful. The food is good and the water attractions are not bad either. There is not wave pool, but has a lazy river and one huge slide. A separate pool is used for kids and very large too, and has an adult section which faces the bar area where you can watch sport games. I did notice people drinking in the lazy river which I thought was odd. You do have to ride a shuttle bus from the hotel to the pool, but if you had a cabana the you can valet your car there and seemed kind of silly in a way unless your are going somewhere else after swimming. One of the best hotel pools I have been to.

The room was average which had two separate beds and facing the parking lot, but was close to the lobby and on the first floor. It was extremely clean, soft towels, and suit our needs. The cleaning staff left a handwritten note which made the stay more welcome.

The sport bar, Texan Station, has been expanded and the cigar room has changed too. A new gameroom has been added and seems like this hotel is a bit more family friendly versus being just a convention hotel. The indoor and outdoor pool is still the same. The beef BBQ at the sports bar was a bit dry but mixed drinks were good. Morning coffee at Java Coast is also good.

The DreamWorks Experience was going on and saw some characters dressed in costume like Shrek, but only at the character breakfast. I was expecting the see many characters walking around the hotel and swimming pool areas for the kids to see and enjoy like Disney does.

The Gaylord does not take advantage that it is situated next to Lake Grapevine unlike the Marriott at Horsehoe Bay where you can rent boats and watercraft, swim in the lake, and a pool overlooking the lake. I think the Glass Cactus which is a night club on the edge of the lake needs to go, for of all the stays I never seen this place open. Wished the waterpark was situated here for me this is dead space for a resort without a golf course or tennis courts.

Overall the staff is excellent and helped us out a couple of times and definitely will be back.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Polish first
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed here last week for 6 nights attending a conference. The hotel is beautiful and very well run. Over the 6 days there I watched the staff set up and breakdown many of events, i.e. conference signage, weddings, parties, dinners - all done very quickly and professionally. I was very impressed with how well things seem to run there.

Room: small but adequate. Note: be careful of the beds, specifically the footboards seem to stick out a bit and I was constantly banging into them and had bruises on both legs. What was funny was I saw other people at the pool with same bruises.

Food: For the most part was very good but the restaurants were pricey. They do have a 24 hr place where you can grab something light. There are no other restaurants within walking distance. The meals/snacks provided at the conference were fantastic.

Transportation: I used the Gaylord transportation several times, also very professional, prompt. Pricey but I felt safe with service and found it worth the expense.

Pools: During the week the pool was great, not too crowded. Weekends were very busy

The only thing I disliked was that on Thursday the hotel went from a conference hotel filled with business people to a family resort filled with children running all over the place. Apparently on the weekends the hotel offers Character meet & greets (Shrek and company). Was very cute but by Sunday I was ready to go home to a quiet place. I understand it is their way of making money on the weekends when there are not many conferences taking place.......so keep that in mind if you plan to stay over a weekend.

Elgin Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I were blessed to have stayed here for 2 days for a seminar. This place was amazing. Employees and security everywhere and everyone greeted you with a smile. The most relaxing place I have ever had. This was literally like a small piece of heaven. Words can not express the special time my husband and I had. The rooms were great. The location was nice if you needed to leave the Hotel for some reason you had most everything close. The landscaping was unlike any I have ever seen. Absolutely a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We were in the best place on the 5th floor looking out from the middle and you could see so much.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cogar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

for the last four years we have visited Dallas for a Classic Christianity Conference. Each time at the end we manage to take at least one NEW person from out of town to this amazing hotel experience. it's not just a hotel but a wonderland of plants, walk ways, photo ops and very good food. The restaurants of which or I think at least four and a coffee place, ice cream and shops to boot you can't miss out. Look up you see the 'real' fake replica of a 150 canopy Oak tree you never new it isn't real... but al the other plants in the this tropical wonderland is amazing. Volcano plants, hostas, fig tree 50 feet tall! and the river that run through it with water falls and patios to sit on and watch the activity. OR you can swim and enjoy the out door pool while they serve you. The golden statue cowboy or the too tall cowboy plus all the after 5 entertainment... it's the place to take anyone. whether you stay in a room and stand on the balcony and look out over the top of everything. it's inside, AC tropical and fun all in one.... can't wait to take new folks next year...

Room Tip: we just go for the atmosphere of walking around and eating. each year we catch a wedding reception g...
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This hotel and resort is excellent for conventions, business, social, family meetings/gatherings and vacations. You will be sorry if you don't choose this place for your upcoming events.

I stayed 2 days and 1 night and was an attendee at a nursing conference. The group price for the room was much less than expected. The room was much nicer and larger than expected. The food was reasonably priced, very good and service was great. The ambiance, setting, themes were phenomenal and exceptional. The staff across the board was very helpful, pleasant and professional.

Room Tip: My room was 686 on the 6th floor and faced the front/registration area. My view of the atrium and sc...
Kent, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Everything was up to expectation. I really enjoy the stay. Room was very stylish and extremely clean. The most I have enjoyed was bathroom with all the light and mirrors. I enjoyed to sit at morning, putting make up on sipping on coffee and actually see how I made myself pretty and how well I'm dress. The light in the bathroom is magnificent. I can go on with hospitality, I just don't have enough vocabulary to express myself. I wish we have more conferences there, I definitely would book again. Appetizer, all food, drinks and service was magnificent.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are as good as my. I did not have a chance or view any other rooms.
Karachi, Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed at the Gaylord Texan Resort two years ago and was pleased then just as much as I am now. The rooms are large. One complaint that I have is that there are no drawers for clothes. I really hate living out of the suitcase.

The Atrium is a spectacular feature and even better when you get to experience a Dallas thunderstorm from inside. I agree with many of the reviewers who say that the food and beverages are pricey, but then, when you are staying at an isolated hotel, which one of them won't gouge you?

On the other hand, complaints about the staff, in my experience are unwarranted. It really is a hotel with good old Texas hospitality.

On my list of must haves:

Towels: 3 stars, plenty and fairly fluffy
Breakfast: 3 stars, only because it depends on which wait-staff you get.
Water pressure: 5 stars
Free internet: 1 star, pricey and no free internet in the lobby.
Pillows: 4 stars

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!