“WOW!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Lone Star Christmas
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Hastings, Minnesota
“WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I loved the atmosphere and all of the fun options from shopping, eating, bar scene, relaxing, swimming and the service was a 10! I can't wait to go back in August of 2012!

Room Tip: Try the NACHOS at the sports bar enough to share with 3 to 4 people! YUMMY!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
  • Polish first
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stayed here for a professional meeting. Quite far away from everything, so you are pretty trapped there for your stay. Close to airport. I was in the tower that had the barbecue restaurant on the first floor, and the smell of barbecue in my room was overwhelming. Quite gross in the morning. I turned off the fan and a/c for my entire stay, and then I didn't notice it anymore. Restaurants are fair, but you have no real choice unless you rent a car. The service in Zeppole was very poor - I sat there for quite a while before any service was offered, and then never got other requests I made. Room service would have been preferable. The cantina had good food, and I thought it was fairly priced. There are hardly any places to go with a colleague for a drink without being bombarded with football games and screamingly loud TVs. Pretty ridiculous in a hotel trying to attract convention business. The catering at the meeting was excellent. Smaller than the Nashville Gaylord, and after 4 days, I was quite happy to leave. Room was very quiet, and bed comfortable, which was great. Spa pool very nice. Had a great massage at the spa, but the manicure was rushed and poorly done. I had to remove the polish the next day. Little shopping there. The hotel was entirely done up for Christmas at the end of October, and the sundry shop was selling ornaments consisting largely of guns and hunting-themed ornaments! If I was booking a convention, especially one that has a female majority, I would not select this place. I had essentially no interaction with staff other than check in, so I can't comment on their friendliness or not. Not my cup of tea.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Linden, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

The Resort is very big and clean! Friendly staff to help when you get lost!
Texas is rightfully known for their beef.... It was so good and tender!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

For the prices they charge, I don't think you should be able to hear the phone ringing in the room next door. My sister also said she could hear the people next door.

The restaurants are overpriced IMHO. At the Mexican restaurant, I had Kobe beef fajitas. They were $22. I've had just as good NON-Kobe beef fajitas for quite a bit less. Especially since I only got 4 small fajitas for my $22!

Their sports bar is fantastic. Multiple large screens and un-countable small screens. It would be a good place to catch a game, but again, fairly expensive food. But I guess if you're paying $300 plus per night, expensive isn't relative.

Apparently, this is the hotel where the Dallas Cowboys spend the night before their games. As a result, it is inundated with fans before and after the games. So If you don't mind drunk people yelling and running down the halls after you've gone to sleep at a reasonable hour, or are a Cowboys fan, this is the hotel for you.

Oh, and BTW, we were on the 9th (top) floor near the entrance. And apparently, the hotel is in the flight path of DFW airport which is a few miles away. And yes, you can hear the planes as they are approaching the airport, LOUDLY! Until around midnight.

Ask to stay on the first floor, but even then I couldn't talk outside the front door when the planes were landing. But I did notice that the next day, the planes were apparently taking another approach as I didn't hear as many.

The complex is huge (hotel & convention center)!

Also, don't drop off your significant other at the front door while you go to park, because if you don't have a door key card, it's $12 to self park. The front desk did say they would credit the parking fee. It seems like getting a key card would be easier, but when I had one it didn't work and the lady in the boot said to just take a ticket.

Maybe I'm biased, but I've stayed in other 4-5 star hotels that were a MUCH better experience.

They had what appeared to be a pretty cool water park on property, but it was about a mile from the hotel and seemed to have limited parking. It wasn't open when I stayed there this past weekend.

Room Tip: Get lower floor room, perhaps you won't hear the planes landing.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
, Manager at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. While we are glad that you enjoyed Texan Station, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the remainder of your stay with us. The noise and conduct you mentioned is not acceptable, and our security team does respond to any and all noise complaints that they recieve.

We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. Please contact us directly, and we will be happy to hear all the details of your experiences with us.

Thank you.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Upside - The Gaylord Texan is a beautiful resort. Our room was upgraded to a Deluxe king and they provided a crib for my son free of charge (a cot would have been an extra cost, thank you to the front desk agent that let me know). Downside - we bid on the hotel on Priceline (so not the Gaylord's fault) but it's considered an airport hotel. It's a distance to the airport and they don't have an airport shuttle. There is also a resort fee which I would rather be included in the rates. Also I contacted the hotel via email a week before our stay about a room request and never received a response. For this type of hotel I expect a response even if it's a computer generated answer. Would I stay here again, yes, if we wanted to have a few days holiday and spend time at the pools. I would not stay here for a layover again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel is literally so grand it will take you aback. The grounds and the plants and trees were amazing! The staff was super friendly and the rooms were great. They do charge you for parking ($18) which I find ridiculous! The restaurants were great and the pool with the lazy river was wonderful. We went for the weekend and will be back. Super nice!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

If you have never stayed at a Gaylord hotel, you may feel as if they are priced a little high. You need to consider that these hotels (The Texan and the other 3 I’ve stayed at), are pretty much self contained cities! There are several restaurants to choose from, shopping and entertainment. The Texan was no exception. I recently stayed at the Texan for a Project Management conference. From the moment I arrived, I received top notch service. The hotel was in pristine condition, and the facilities were meticulously maintained. My only real complaint is that the hotel is not in walking distance of anything. If you don’t rent a car, you will have to rely on their car service (which was very accessible and fairly reasonably priced). The hotel is near a nice outlet mall, the historic Grapevine downtown, several local wineries and only about 10 minutes from the Dallas Fort Worth Airport.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room, so you will have a balcony overlooking the atrium.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!