“99% of the staff "get it" and are supremely attentive and competent, but look out for that 1% that don't” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 nightly credit
Ranked #14 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Spent two nights of a three-day weekend with my wife here. I have to say that during the vast majority of our stay the staff and management here were very customer-service oriented and made our stay an extremely pleasant and relaxing one. However, we sometimes have to focus on the exceptions. Now, I would have given a 5 star review of the staff, except for one noteworthy incideny. I did have one poor experience with a female (bleach-blonde) bartender at Silver Bar on a Sunday afternoon. Patiently waiting my turn at the bar to order my drink, she and her coworker made eye-contact with me several times, but did not say anything like "How can I help you?" once. After two minutes, another guest walked up to the bar and the female bartender instantly engaged him with an offer of a drink. At this I threw-up my hands and began to walk away. Instead of ignoring this lapse of customer service, the female bartender shouted at me, in front of all, "You should have told me what you wanted!". Wow. Very confrontational and unprofessional. Afterward, I did speak with two members of management who seemed to understand the problem and were very kind to me. This exception passed, again, the staff aside from the bartender were extremely professional and worthy of my continued business. Aside from coming back to the Silver Bar, I will be a Gaylord Texan customer again.

Room Tip: Look for the specials, sign-up for the emails.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

2,063 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

A huge hotel with an atrium lobby. Drawbacks include very slow service-takes an hour and a half to get your bags from your car to your room, and very thin room walls for such a highly priced hotel.

Room Tip: Take the interior not exterior rooms
Atlanta,GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

If you ever wondered what it would be like to live in a space station -- this is the hotel to visit. I spent a week there for a business convention and never stepped outside. On the flip side, I was able to walk the Texas- style, desert meets adobe type landscaping even in stormy weather. The hotel has a "get 'er done" line for unusual requests and they were amazingly prompt and courteous with mine. The food at the restaurants was quite good - but a bit expensive and there is no food store to buy less expensive snacks or drinks inside the hotel - so bring your own (I did and I was so glad). It is a great hotel for convention , but definitely a "no" for a romantic stay.

Allen, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I don't know where to begin. I have to preface this by saying our stay was covered so we did not pay a thing. Thank goodness for that as the total estimate for a two night stay was well over $700.

For starters, our room was supposed to be one of these luxurious two room suites. There was king bedroom and the "living room". I told the staff that particular room would not work for our family as it was my husband and I with our three kids--11, 12 and 14. They did not have another room so we had to literally "STUFF" the living space with two rollaway beds next to the pull out couch--all of which were uncomfortable for the kids. We could barely walk around! Our king bed was a hard as a rock and absolutely killed my back.

Our complimentary breakfast buffet for 5 of us would normally cost $80! The food was cold and the "waiter" (water pourer) was extremely rude.

The people staying in the hotel obviously had money and were very unfriendly. There was only a lap pool and while my kids were playing, people sitting in there (not even swimming) glared at us the whole time. My daughter walked to the pool in her swimsuit only to be gawked at.

Our experience at the Holiday Inn Express we stayed in prior to this (in Arkansas of all places) was by far more enjoyable!

Room Tip: No King Suite!
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

What a great place to stay. Beautiful decor. Exceptional accomodations. Excellent food. Caring and friendly staff. What more could one want !!

Lincoln, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I felt very trapped in this gigantic soulless hotel. It's half an hour away from everything, and there's not much to do on site except eat. The restaurants are nice, but try getting a salad or piece of fruit to go. The jogging trails were closed for some reason during my visit. The fitness center was adequate, but small for the number of people using it. The shops are not very interesting, and there are only a few.

I encountered a problem here that I've never encountered before, and that was trouble with getting my room cleaned. Housekeeping was tapping on my door (even though I had the do not disturb sign up) at 7:30 am, and when I sent them away, I discovered that they would never come back - I'd be gone all day and come back to wet towels and an unmade bed. I wouldn't consider this "resort" level service at all.

There's free internet in the rooms which worked well, but none in the convention space.

It took my friend from Dallas 30 minutes and my friend from Fort Worth 1 hour to get to the hotel, but I'm glad they came and helped me escape a couple of times - I was extremely bored at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service and experiences for our guests, and this not the type of experience that our guests have come to expect at the Gaylord Texan. This is something that we take very seriously. Please feel free to contact our hotel directly at VoiceOfTheCustomer@Gaylordhotels.com, and we will be happy to address your individual issues with you directly.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

As with many other Gaylords, the Gaylord Texan is another great resort hotel near DFW airport. The resort includes more than 10 restaurants and several bars including a very large impressive sports bar with large displays. I especially enjoyed the Old Hickory Steakhouse, although it was expensive. My room had a balcony overlooking the inside courtyard. Refrigerators, separate shower and sink rooms are also included. The walk around the premisis is quite nice although you need not leave the hotel. There is much to enjoy here for several days.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!