“Grand and Gracious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   1501 Gaylord Trail, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 20% thru 3/5!
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Grand and Gracious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for a convention, and took advantage of their Golf Package.
Our good luck found us in a suite, facing the atrium. The room was enormous, with living and meeting/dining area, plus double balconies. It was “Over the Top” for a weekend stay! The young women in the Celebrity Guest Services were extremely helpful in taking care of the details of our package, which included golf at the Dallas Cowboys Golf Course. We dined the Old Hickory House Steakhouse (food was excellent), Texas Station (with the largest HD screen we’ve seen yet) and the Riverwalk Café (right along with the koi fish swimming in the river next to it!) Yes, all were pricey, but considering the location within the resort, they were all dining experiences we enjoyed. The atrium is impressive, as you can see from the pictures. Coming from the land of the Mall of America, I will admit.. the Gaylord’s atrium is really off-the scale! There is a good assortment of shopping sites within the resort, and the convention area was convenient, without extensive walking as with many other hotels that cater to conventions. The fitness center is large with a good selection of equipment – a little warm, though, when it was busy. The outdoor pool is small, but has an abundance of chairs and loungers.

We liked the close proximity to DFW, less than 15 minutes via shuttle. The hotel staff were all Texas charmers—warm, gracious and helpful. The resort has 1511 rooms (everyone room was taken, sans one, the last night of our visit), but it never seemed "crowded". The Gaylord Texan is a great example of why we love to visit Texas!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Polish first
Augusta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

On my first and only trip to Dallas, I stayed at the Gaylord Texan for a workshop. Upon arrival, I was in awe of the entrance and lobby. The staff had my reservation exactly right. The whole atmosphere was everything-you-could-desire, tell-us-what-you-want-and-we-will-make-it-happen. The room, however, was a bit of a letdown. I hope you like firm mattresses. The toilet ran periodically all night (I think every time someone around me flushed theirs), and there was a noise coming from somewhere that sounded like a staticky radio. I only ate at one restaurant, and while expensive, the food was excellent. Not sure I would vacation here, but not somewhere I would turn my nose at.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Gun Barrel City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Over valentines weekend we stayed in a Lone Star Atrium Room with rose pedals on the bed, wine and a couple Coronas in a tub. My spouse was so excited and impressed. The staff found a Corvette conv rental for a night at a reasonable price with valet service I felt like had money if for just one day and it was great. The breakfast was the best buffet I had ever had. I would reccommend this over any night at the boats. We are returning with the kids in March can't wait hope they like. They offer great military,police and fire discounts.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

The Hotel is sooo overrated ...we were overcharged for everything!We had two rooms and two automobiles which we valet parked one($25.00 per day) and the other we parked ourselves and was still charges $16.00 per day. The resturants were very expensive... the cost for one person for dinner was over $100.00 dollars and not that good. The morning we planned on checking out there was a knock at the door at 4:00am ( maybe to wake us up so they could clean early)and the bill slid under the door with the parking charged to both rooms.I have stayed a Hamptons that were lots better ,and a much bigger room!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
, Manager at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service, facilities and Special Events for our guests at the Gaylord Texan. We apologize that you did not feel that we met your expectations during your stay. Please feel free to contact our hotel directly at VoiceOfTheCustomer@GaylordHotels.com, and we will be happy to address your individual issues with you directly.

Thank you.

Gaylord Hotels.
Winston, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I exhibited at a show and attended a reception at the Gaylord. When I placed my drink order, the bartender asked to see my ID, which is completely acceptable, but then proceeded into making me a spectacle in front of my colleagues and potential customers. He said I looked like "his baby sister" and quizzed me on the details of my ID because he apparently thought it was a fake. Furthermore, he was so busy questioning my age that he could not recall what I ordered. No only was his behavior highly unprofessional but could also potentially cost me business from his accusations of dishonesty. Since the Gaylord enterprise is in the convention business, I am appalled that this occurred. I sent my feedback to the Gaylord directly but after two weeks have yet to hear a response.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Huge hotel Great for business. Close to the airport. Rooms are nice--nothing particularly special, but quiet, comfortable, functionable and roomy. Room service breakfast was pretty bad (evertying smelled and tasted like a dirty, old napkin--toast was ice cold, bacon was terrible), but the Zeppole Italiant restaurant was fabulous and the sandwiches and selection of goodies at the Java Connection was great. Grounds are nice although I never saw the pool area as I was there for a convention and worked the entire time. Short cab ride into "downtown" Grapevine, but nothing within walking distance of the Gaylord.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

We have traveled to many places, stayed in many 5 star hotels and this has to be the finest of them all! First of all it is lovely all the way around. Very impressive when you drive up. When you walk in, you see right away that the hotel is substantially made and very well designed. There was no wait to check in as they had several attendants ready to serve us. Happy smiles and friendly faces all the way through the hotel! We were taken straight to our room which was absolutely gorgeous! Room 8125 over looking the garden and what a view! Simply lovely! We unpacked and went down right away to see the many things this hotel had to offer. We made reservations and ate at the Steakhouse which was the best angus steak we have eaten before with the best service available! It is a bit pricey, but it was worth it! It was my husband's 50th birthday as well and we will never know how they knew that but the server did and brought us a lovely dessert to share. The other restaurants there are equally wonderful! Our bed was perfect and we slept very well and I am a stickler on beds, not too soft, not too hard and this one was wonderful. Sheets very soft too. Very fast valet service, very smooth and easy check out and once again, nothing but smiles and friendly faces of all the staff. Just a delightful and truly lovely place to stay. They are building a HUGE waterpark that should be finished in a few months and we are already planning our next trip. Can't wait to ride on the lazy river and enjoy swimming in the gorgeous pool (one of two) there at Gaylord. I highly recommend this hotel and grounds to any and everyone! I promise you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!