We stayed at the hotel for a convention, and took advantage of their Golf Package.
Our good luck found us in a suite, facing the atrium. The room was enormous, with living and meeting/dining area, plus double balconies. It was “Over the Top” for a weekend stay! The young women in the Celebrity Guest Services were extremely helpful in taking care of the details of our package, which included golf at the Dallas Cowboys Golf Course. We dined the Old Hickory House Steakhouse (food was excellent), Texas Station (with the largest HD screen we’ve seen yet) and the Riverwalk Café (right along with the koi fish swimming in the river next to it!) Yes, all were pricey, but considering the location within the resort, they were all dining experiences we enjoyed. The atrium is impressive, as you can see from the pictures. Coming from the land of the Mall of America, I will admit.. the Gaylord’s atrium is really off-the scale! There is a good assortment of shopping sites within the resort, and the convention area was convenient, without extensive walking as with many other hotels that cater to conventions. The fitness center is large with a good selection of equipment – a little warm, though, when it was busy. The outdoor pool is small, but has an abundance of chairs and loungers.
We liked the close proximity to DFW, less than 15 minutes via shuttle. The hotel staff were all Texas charmers—warm, gracious and helpful. The resort has 1511 rooms (everyone room was taken, sans one, the last night of our visit), but it never seemed "crowded". The Gaylord Texan is a great example of why we love to visit Texas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine