“Great place to stay in Grapevine” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% Off Advance Purchase
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Paducah, Kentucky
“Great place to stay in Grapevine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here over Laborday weekend. The Hotel was impeccably clean and the staff very friendly. They have a wonderful breakfast buffet with real food, not just pastries and cereal. Every day there was scrambled eggs and/or cheese omelettes as well as hard boiled eggs. One morning there was french toast and every day the waffle machine was available. The coffee was also very good. I was in Dallas for a family wedding and some family members were booked at the hotel next door. They all thought our hotel was better than the one they had booked.

The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle that will take you to the airport or nearby attractions. Business center was also complimentary. Nice pool area and fitness center too. Highly recommend this for business or leisure.

Room Tip: We booked a two bedroom suite for much less than two single rooms would have cost.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for all the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. We strive our best to accommodate each and every person that stays with us at Homewood Suites. If you are in the Grapevine area and need a place to stay our doors are always open!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Orange, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I will say that the hotel is in a great area. It's across from Grapevine Mills and very close to the airport. I expected more from this hotel since it's owned by Hilton. When we arrived to our room, we pulled back the comforter and it was clear that the sheets had not been changed. I went to the front desk to request another room and it took 4 rooms before we could find one that didn't smell like cigarette smoke - REALLY bad! They state that they have non-smoking rooms but it was tough to find one. This hotel seems to be understaffed. The breakfast buffet was out of many items and the staff was running around like crazy to try to address the problem. I had to wait for clean plates and silverware while it was being clean. The juice was low as well as the hot items. Again, we had to wait for it to be replenished. I ended up changing hotels after 2 nights staying there.

Room Tip: Make sure you get one far away from the smoking rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay and we apologize for the problems you encountered. We have fixed the cleanliness issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again.
Regards,
Sorina Ventola
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two weeks on business. The service was exceptional. The location is also pretty good, as u are within a mile of a lot of places. The trick is navigating the construction laden streets and highways while avoiding all the lunatic drivers that don't use blinkers, don't check blind spots, drive way fast, and are entitled to do it since they drive a luxury car.

My room was the only complaint, as my AC was loud and old and only got worse. Maintenance said they couldn't do anything about it since it still "worked". I definitely kept it off at night tho so I could sleep.

• Stayed August 2012
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am truly sorry about the loud noise from the AC unit, especially when you are trying to sleep. I will make sure that the maintenance team checks the units to assure that they are all working properly. Thank you for your business and the feedback!
Coventry, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Having traveled for work for the past 5 years I have had the good fortune of staying at this hotel for the past 8 months. The staff is absolutely amazing and will accomadate you in every way you could imagine. The cleanliness is great, the proximity to the airport of fantastic, and the atmosphere is always welcoming. All in all it's one of if not the best hotels I have stayed in for business travel in the last 5 years

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Mr. Alan M.,

Homewood Suites in Grapevine would like to thank you for your business and feedback. As a management team, we take pride in trying to accomodate the needs of everyday business travelers like yourself. Thank you for your kind words and hope to have you again as a guest in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Sorina Ventola
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights coming from Dubai. It is nice and close to airport and you can find interesting shopping mall with many food outlets nearby. But the hotel needs to pay attention for some cleaning as I found many insects in the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry that your stay here was not the best experience. We do take extra precautions to make sure all rooms are up to par with cleanliness. I appreciate your helpful feedback and hope that you will stay with us whenever you are in the Grapevine area.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Location is good, but that's about it for the "positives". Perhaps my expectations were too high, but I felt this hotel is overpriced for what they provide. We stayed in a 2bed/2bath suite over Memorial Day Weekend. The suite was spacious, but the beds were terrible. The beds "sunk" in the middle indicating extreme wear. We woke up each morning with back pain from the bed. Again, my expectations may be too high, but I feel hotels should maintain decent beds. The kitchen had an ice maker in the fridge/freezer,.. but it didn't work, and there are no guest ice machines in the hotel, so each time we needed ice, we had to take a container from the kitchen (not a typical hotel ice bucket) to the front desk, where they would then go to an ice machine, fill our bowl, and return with ice. The "hot breakfast" is pretty generic. Checkout was tiresome as this 105 room hotel only has 2 luggage trollies, therefore we (and all but 2 other guests who secured a luggage trolly) had to make several trips up & down to checkout.
In summary... this hotel is more comparable to an value/cost driven "extended stay" hotel. In my opinion, it is inferior to a Holiday Inn & Suites, or a Comfort Inn & Suites. I will not return and would not recommend to a friend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sorina V, General Manager at Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. We have contacted our engineering team in regards of your ice maker and your mattress, so that these two isolated events can be corrected. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here from April 17-21st. We're in town for Dr. Appts for my sons. We stayed in the 2 Room 2 queen room suite. It was my Husband, myself, my mother and my 2 boys (3,18mths). Whole suite was very clean. Loved all the room. The kitchen was great and came in handy with 2 small children. Each room has 1 queen bed which was fine with us. Awesome Things to know:

Super close to the Mall...like walking distance!
The offer what they call "small" dinner Monday-Friday. Food was good. Portions good. They have a menu in your room showing what they are serving.
They offer to let you borrow DVD players for your room which was great for my kids!
The indoor heated pool was nice. Never saw no one using it. I dnt know why cause it was relaxing.
They have basketball courts and a nice outdoor area with BBQ pits for use!
Have 4 close resultant a near by. Ritzy, ChickFla and Applebee's. Can't remember the 4th.
So many good things about this hotel. Great for families. Also very close distance to Great Wolf and Gaylord.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you all again soon!

Been to Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine? Share your experiences!