“THIS IS GOODS AS IT GETS” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Hobbs, New Mexico
“THIS IS GOODS AS IT GETS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This place has everything thing a person can want, and the food is worth the wait and money. I make it my first place to stop when I go through Texas. There is no better pancakes in the world, and wen u put the peanut butter syrup on them watch out lol... my nephew said it best wen he SAID THIS IS THEORY BEST PANCAKE YOU WILL EVER UR WHOLE LIFE."

Harlingen, Texas
“Best breakfast and lunch around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We were looking for a place to eat before heading to the Great Wolfe Lodge. After seeing quite a few restaurants on this hwy, we decided to turn back and go inside. What luck! The decor is western rustic but is not hokey. The meals arrived quickly, the portions were generous and the food was delicious. We had a mixed bag of lunch and breakfast plates and were happy with every bite. The staff was courteous and went out of their way to make sure we got what we wanted and were happy. After checking into the lodge, we looked through their local guide and saw that Oldwest Cafe had been voted best breakfast and lunch for many years in a row. They deserve the recognition. We will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Grapevine, Texas
“Are you HUNGRY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Then this is the place. They have the best breakfast and lunch menus tho they are not open all day so get their early. Eat breakfast and you are good to go till dinner. The food is fresh creative and what a variety. You realize you are about to enter a great place when you can't find a parking spot... Enjoy

Visited August 2014
Dallas, Texas, USA
“Not What I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This restaurant was raved about. I personally had a good meal there and so did my husband, but it was over crowded. The food was good but nothing to write home about, The service was great and friendly but just not my type of place

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We waited 30 minutes this Sunday morning for a table. The waitress did not initially give us a menu right away and seemed rushed. She forgot to give us silverware and forgot to refill our drinks during the meal, although she was friendly. I had the Gold Fields which included the almond crisp French Toast, sausage patties and 2 eggs. My husband had the Lucky ace which included 2 pancakes, eggs and bacon. My Almond Crisp French toast was very delicious. The sausage was kind of dry and the over easy eggs were awful. The pancakes tasted kind of floury and was not good at all. My husband loves pancakes and felt we made way better pancakes at home. His scrambled eggs were awful and the bacon was not fully cooked at both ends of the bacon.
I felt really bad about my husband meal. Also it was a fly around our table and the atmosphere was chaotic. Definitely not something worth waiting 30 minutes for in the Texas heat. The main upside was the affordable prices. If we ever came we would just order the French Toast.

• Visited July 2014