“Deserves The Accolades” 4 of 5 stars

817.421.4747
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Dia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 201 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cross street: Capitol Street
Chicago, Illinois
“Deserves The Accolades”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a great restaurant, and it deserves all the accolades it gets. I visited with a party of six earlier this week and was very impressed. We started inside (which was admittedly a bit loud) but asked for a table outside (which was delightful). The tableside guacamole was superb, and my carne asada was as good as I have had. I couldn't recommend a Tex-Mex restaurant more highly.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Flower Mound, Texas, United States
“Perfect Date Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Mi Dia is one of the best Mexican restaurants in DFW. The atmosphere is great but be prepared to wait for a table. My wife and I had some of the best margaritas we have ever experienced with many different options to choose from. I agree with the other reviewers on the duck tacos and guacamole. They also have a fantastic outdoor seating area. We will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Caitlin C, Social Media Manager at Mi Dia, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Mi Dia! We're so happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your margaritas. We hope you'll join us out on the patio now that the weather is getting warmer!
Katy
“Try it good Mexican food, not your regular Tex-Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Saturday March 15, I promised Mike Kiker I was going to write a review of his restaurant. We called before around 6 pm and wanted to know if we should make a formal reservation for 4, the lady was very clear to me, "as long as there are 4 in your party, you should have no problem. we have problems with parties of 5 of more because we mostly have booths" It was clear as silver tequila right?
Well we arrived around 9 pm and we had to wait for probably 15-20 mins? at the most!
Poor Mike and his girls at the front had to scramble with an annoying customer who demanded a table for his party of 5. he thought he was making all us a favor. Gimme a break!!! he actually made us a favor when he left.
i felt sorry for Mike, he was the most polite guy and treid to explain them the issue they have for parties of 5+, But he will survive.
Cynthia prepared us a very tasty Guacamole.
couple of margaritas and an ice cold XX we were in Mexican mood.
ordered Shrip tacos, Pastor tacos, Camarones a la Diabla and Flauta, all excellent.
David was our server, super nice guy, wish him all the best with the new menu, his career and his family too.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Caitlin C, Social Media Manager at Mi Dia, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Katy - Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit at Mi Dia. I'm sure Mike would appreciate it! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Mankato, Minnesota
“Come for the food, Stay for the Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Amazing modern mexican food. I had duck tacos for the first time in my life. Now I can't wait to try them again.All the food we had came out fast and tasted amazing. But the highlight was the service and the drinks. They have a vast menu of Margaritas that are made to perfection. I highly recommend to try the frozen ones. very tasty.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to review Mi Dia! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience as well as your first duck tacos!
Irving, Texas
“Great food & excellent service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

They have very delicious Tex-Mex food & drinks. Their service was impeccable!! This has been added to my list of top favorite restaurants.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Mi Dia? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Mi Dia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.