“Definitely worth a visit but have reservation!” 5 of 5 stars

817.421.4747
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Dia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 215 Restaurants in Grapevine
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Capitol Street
“Definitely worth a visit but have reservation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had been hearing about this restaurant for quite some time. We finally decided to plan ahead and make reservations. It's almost impossible to get into the restaurant otherwise...it's that popular.

The atmosphere is nice. Definitely not anything crazy. People are of all ages and the dress was pretty casual. I expected a trendier couple type scene but it was any and everyone.

The waiter truly made our experience. He was helpful but not pushy. He was knowledgable on the entrees and drinks and respectfully made suggestions for both.

I was thoroughly impressed with the fresh at your table guacamole, and in house made sangria!

Our entrees were suberb and we were both very happy with the price and meal!

Like I said -- a bit disappointed in scene for a place requiring reservations but nonetheless a great eatery!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Caitlin C, Social Media Manager at Mi Dia, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review Mi Dia! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and were able to find some things you liked!

Dallas
“Excellent Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I finally had the opportunity to check out this fairly recent addition to the Grapevine restaurant scene and am glad I did. Mi Dia brings fresh, home made from scratch food to diners who want quality. The dining room is upscale and contemporary but comfortable. The staff is engaging and very helpful.

My son loved the dinner portion of the beef fajitas and said they were the best he has ever tasted (based on his 20 years of experience with Tex-Mex). I had the Grilled Chicken Breast (lunch portion) with the ranchero and tomatillo sauces. The chicken was cooked perfectly and the sauces were quite tasty. My husband had the lunch Fajita Nachos which had no problem disappearing from his plate.

I can’t wait to go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Grapevine
“Visit to Mi Dia from Scratch restaurant in Grapevine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

A visit to Mi Dia From Scratch restaurant was a very good experience. The restaurant makes all its servings from scratch and blended with red and green Hatch chilies that is reminiscent of Mexican cuisine. I went there with my wife and son for lunch and the food was excellent. All 3 of us gave this new restaurant on Main Street in Grapevine a thumbs up for freshness and quality. I had the lunch Quesadilla Tex Mex, my wife the Chicken Breast with ranchero and tomatillo sauces and as I had expected my son ordered the beef fajitas from the dinner menu.

Service is excellent with friendly hostess and waiters. I highly recommend this restaurant. I only wish the restaurant had more tables was not as small as it is... since late arrivals from lunch will almost certainly have to wait.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Caitlin C, Social Media Manager at Mi Dia, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Mi Dia! Every bit of feedback is helpful, and we're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
DFW
“A Margarita for Everyone!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Mi Dia has lots to offer, a huge patio, nice bar, really good tex-mex and a grande margarita menu. Everything we ordered was excellent and the service was too. I'd like to go back and sit on the big patio when it cools down and try about 8 of the many many choices of margaritas. And next time there's a wait at Bob's I'll go here for a pre-steak cocktail.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Delicious, Fresh Guacamole & Margaritas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A MUST try if you love mexican & you're visiting here!! The decor here is modern & clean, lovely area for eating outside with a covered patio & huge fans. Everything here is made from scratch. Even the very long list of margaritas (no mixes here). The guacamole & shrimp tacos are wonderful! One of our favorite places to eat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere