“gracious during the ice storm crisis... this was not a planned stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

You added Comfort Inn to your Saves list
Comfort Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Capitol Street, Grapevine, TX 76051 (Formerly Baymont Inn and Suites DFW Airport/Grapevine)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Medina, Ohio, Usa
“gracious during the ice storm crisis... this was not a planned stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

The rooms are stylish and spotless. The staff were really amazing during the ice storm. Your desk staff are top notch. They arranged many nice things for us. We were stranded for six days. No car. No ATM. My only suggestion would be s lobby ATM and some arrangement to bring food in. Many families with children had nothing. All surrounding businesses closed. Perhaps a stockpile of frozen dinners? All in all the staff and room were good. We got to meet intrresting folks in the same boat. We were stranded Six days. Perhaps some salt kept in store for the lot. I slipped and feel multiple times. Breaking a rib. Hitting my head. Getting a black eye. You should keep a good first aid kit on hand. This falls on management not the kind staff.

Room Tip: Tvs should be on swivel stands.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Altus, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

When we checked in they only had 9 rooms left. It was right after the ice storm, people were trying to get a room & not drive in the dark! Good service, the guy was very friendly even though he was dealing with rude people from what I noticed. The room had some handprints on the headboard, and a somewhat funny smell in the hallways. Other than that it was a good room, great size for 2 people. 40" flat screen tv. Beautiful vessel sink & countertops. A full length mirror so you could look at your outfit & what not. Great for women! You could hear the other guests through the walls however but no big deal. Luckily we were not next to crazy people. Continental breakfast was pretty good!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Coppell, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is best place in the DFW area. Our 24.7 call center staff were snowed in and we got 10 rooms reserved for us without a problem during the extreme weather conditions this weekend. Hats off to Dorcas, best smile in the biz and personality to boot. Kathryn, knowledgable, friendly and super efficient. And most of all Jeff who personally help scrape the ice off everyone's car before their delicate commute. I offered to give him a tip which he politely declined instead giving me a polite smile and friendly goodbye. My company will be staying there from now on. You guys are truly awesome and you've got a return customer for life. Beds, bath, cleanliness, gym, breakfast, and prices super fantastic too. This is the one at 1805 Enchanted Way, Grapevine TX.
Your's truly Michael Richardson, Supervisor ThyssenKrupp Elevator.

Room Tip: Great rooms, roomy, any floor great, nice and quiet and big bathtubs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Fayetteville,ar.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because of it's location. It's close to our son's house and close to downtown Grapevine which is a very nice little town with lots of little shops and restaurants. There are five very good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel but none of them serve breakfast which is to bad because the "free" breakfast in the lobby was uneatable. It was worse than airline food. I call it a Munchkin buffet, tiny little muffins and danish, tiny little coffee cups,( the coffee is basically hot brown water) thin little patties of liquid scrambled egg with uneatable sausage patties or bacon strips you can read through.I suggest skipping their food and going to Waffle Way or Cowboy Cafe on Northwest Highway.
As far as the hotel itself, our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly overall. The halls and elevator did not get vacuumed while we were there and the one and only elevator had a burnt smell in it which was a little discomforting but all in all a good stay.

Room Tip: When the place is busy the one elevator is very slow. If you are able to do the stairs get a room on...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
poetry
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Good location...only minutes from downtown Grapevine, airport, lots of attractions. We came to enjoy the Christmas cheer in town...Grapevine has become a fun destination town. Hotel has great comfortable beds. Lots of TV channels. No Dr Pepper in vending machines (sorry but Mr Pibb is NOT the same thing!). Breakfast was really nice....many choices. Staff pleasant. Roomy rooms...bathroom big and huge tub. Microwave & frig. All in all . very good stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here recently so I could be with my parents during a medical emergency at a nearby hospital. I was overwhelmed by the kindness and helpfulness of the staff and the comfort of the facilities. Each day I was able to use the free shuttle to and from the hospital. In the evening I would return to my spotless room and sink into one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. The free breakfasts were great. Excellent value for money. Looking for somewhere clean, comfortable, handy to the DFW airport, with spectacular customer service? Look no further.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband was recently taken ill on an international flight into DFW airport, and was then hospitalised for 6 days. The Comfort Inn, Grapevine was recommended to me by the Qantas airport manager. The free shuttle service to and from the hotel was wonderful; the staff made every effort to accommodate my requests. They were caring and supportive during what was a very difficult time, and readily adjusted my booking as the stay lengthened. My daughter arrived from New Zealand and they extended the same care to her. We knew no-one in the US, let alone Dallas, and the staff at the Comfort Inn made me feel that I had a warm and welcoming place to return to each night where I could try to relax. I recommend it unreservedly.
G Thomsett, Australia

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!