“It's the little things . . .” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Vienna, VA
“It's the little things . . .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a hotel and staff that has its collective eye on exceeding expectations. Each time I interacted with the staff, (front desk, food service area, housekeeping), I was pleasantly surprised by their ambition to go beyond the basics. When I ordered a pastry at the food counter, the woman took an extra minute to get me a fresh one from the kitchen. The complimentary breakfast goes way beyond typical and is beautifully managed. First of all, the food is presented in an absolute beautiful manner. It actually looks delicious for starters. Today I had a croissant with egg, fresh basil leaves, mushrooms, Muenster cheese and chipotle sauce. Housekeeping was very thorough and pleasant; the room was comfortable and inviting. This place is managed by a real pro, every area of the hotel experience shouts back to me the consumer "great management, great team."

Green Features: The environment is doing fine, thank you. This mandatory box is bogus.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I coach at a university and our flight was cancelled due to weather. My travel party totaled 32 and my first challenge was to find local housing. The Hyatt Place in Grapevine Texas (only 2 miles from the airport) came to our rescue. Led by the GM-Michael Simons, our first task was local transportation. He arranged shuttles to pick up our entire party, had all 19 rooms cleaned and ready upon arrival and swiftly checked everyone in. As the weather continued to deteriorate Michael and his staff arranged for transport to a local restaurant for dinner. The rooms were first class, the staff was friendly and courteous to one and all.. A huge mall is literally a 2 minute walk across the parking lot. Free breakfast was outstanding and on our departure Michael gave all our team complimentary water for the long bus ride home.
Despite our travel challenge, our stay was perfect!!

Room Tip: All the rooms were outstanding
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this Hyatt twice over the last several months. Once was for a girls night out and the other was couples for a combo bachelor/bachelorette outing. I believe all of the rooms have a sleeper sofa, so even though they will tell u that the maximum capacity is 5, there is room for 6. The best part of this hotel is the complimentary shuttle. Both of my events involved a night out drinking that started at Esparza's Mexican restaurant and then ended after walking to several fun bars on Main Street in grapevine. It is really nice to know that no one in the group has to get behind the wheel. The shuttle will take u and pick u up. All u have to do is call them when you are ready. There is a mini fridge in the rooms, and the beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast was yummy too! This hotel is practically in the parking lot of Grapevine Mills mall, so it is steps away from great shopping. There is plenty to do in grapevine other than experiencing Main Street, and this hotel, with its free shuttle service, is right in the middle of it all. I will definitely go back!!!!

Stayed February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a conference at the Gaylord, because the room rates were much more reasonable here and the site claimed to have shuttles. There were shuttles, but only on the hour, and they were completely inflexible about it even though the Gaylord is only 2.6 miles away. Yet, because this is not a convenient walking distance, I was at the mercy of the shuttle service. The management said that this is what they told the conference organizers, and therefore it falls on the conference organizers to make up for the difference. I tend to disagree, as it reflects badly on the hotel if they are not providing good service. I suggested that they consider negotiating differently in the future.

I did not have the problems with the internet that some other reviewers have commented on.

I did have another problem, which is that because my reservation was not done correctly (my office's fault, not the hotel's) when I arrived, I was told that my reservation for 5 nights was canceled, that I could stay one night but then would have to find housing. The staff were quite unhelpful. Ultimately I was able to stay, and the desk staff offered me a complimentary meal, but I was not really pleased by the initial response. I was in a room on the first floor right near the kitchen which was noisy. If you stay here, you should probably request a room on an upper floor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were attending the symphony in Dallas and needed a place to stay overnight. Although this property was a bit far from downtown Dallas, we felt like we made a great choice. Hyatt Place has consistantly been a favorite with us, but this property was a jewel! Every aspect that we have come to expect at this chain exceeded the claims......customer service, safe pleasant location, perectly clean and the breakfast was fresh and just what we wanted. The manager here is obviously doing his job!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

They state on their website that they have two shuttles, one for the airport 24 hrs a day and another to take you anywhere with a 5 mile radius from 8am-10pm. I asked to be taken to the other side of the mall parking lot and was told by the GM himself they wouldnt do it as they only take corporate clients in the morning. Later that morning the GM came over to me and then was confrontational. I am taking this up with Hyatt as a GM shouldnt act that way to guest.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Whidbey Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

First off, if you are a business traveler, be wary as both times I have stayed at this property, the internet in the evening was so poor it was unusable. The staff let me know there was nothing that could be done. Thank goodness for my Data Plan!

Other than that, the location is close enough to the airport, across the street from a nice shopping center.

Staff where friendly and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine? Share your experiences!