“Not convenient for business” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not convenient for business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a conference at the Gaylord, because the room rates were much more reasonable here and the site claimed to have shuttles. There were shuttles, but only on the hour, and they were completely inflexible about it even though the Gaylord is only 2.6 miles away. Yet, because this is not a convenient walking distance, I was at the mercy of the shuttle service. The management said that this is what they told the conference organizers, and therefore it falls on the conference organizers to make up for the difference. I tend to disagree, as it reflects badly on the hotel if they are not providing good service. I suggested that they consider negotiating differently in the future.

I did not have the problems with the internet that some other reviewers have commented on.

I did have another problem, which is that because my reservation was not done correctly (my office's fault, not the hotel's) when I arrived, I was told that my reservation for 5 nights was canceled, that I could stay one night but then would have to find housing. The staff were quite unhelpful. Ultimately I was able to stay, and the desk staff offered me a complimentary meal, but I was not really pleased by the initial response. I was in a room on the first floor right near the kitchen which was noisy. If you stay here, you should probably request a room on an upper floor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wichita Falls, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were attending the symphony in Dallas and needed a place to stay overnight. Although this property was a bit far from downtown Dallas, we felt like we made a great choice. Hyatt Place has consistantly been a favorite with us, but this property was a jewel! Every aspect that we have come to expect at this chain exceeded the claims......customer service, safe pleasant location, perectly clean and the breakfast was fresh and just what we wanted. The manager here is obviously doing his job!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

They state on their website that they have two shuttles, one for the airport 24 hrs a day and another to take you anywhere with a 5 mile radius from 8am-10pm. I asked to be taken to the other side of the mall parking lot and was told by the GM himself they wouldnt do it as they only take corporate clients in the morning. Later that morning the GM came over to me and then was confrontational. I am taking this up with Hyatt as a GM shouldnt act that way to guest.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Whidbey Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

First off, if you are a business traveler, be wary as both times I have stayed at this property, the internet in the evening was so poor it was unusable. The staff let me know there was nothing that could be done. Thank goodness for my Data Plan!

Other than that, the location is close enough to the airport, across the street from a nice shopping center.

Staff where friendly and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The rooms were large and clean. Nice to have a large sofa. The location is perfect.
You could walk to Grapevine Mills. The staff was every friendly. We took the shuttle to Grapevine to see the Christmas lights. The driver was so nice. The weather was really cold so we also had him take us to Grapevine Mill. We never had to stand in the cold because he always called us on our cell phone before he picked us up.The free breakfast was so much better then most chain hotels.

Room Tip: The couple we were with had a room on the ground floor. Since we are seniors I would request being...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Dallas. As always it was a great experience. When you get a Suite for the amount of money you would pay for a room its always a good deal. You also get a refrigerator and work station as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed for more than a week here during 2nd week of December. Planned to do some shopping at nearby Grapevine Mills but unfortunately, encountered the rare winter storm and was practically stuck in this hotel. Free breakfast was hot and satisfying though variety limited. But it was good considering it is free and fresh on a cold morning. Staff was approachable though sometimes a lady was a bit flustered due to the many enquiries from guests stuck in the winter storm. Room was clean and it will be better with a safe. Wifii signal not so steady. There is a ranch behind the hotel which we didnt have a chance to visit due to the weather. Overall, a good stay due to the service and location.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine? Share your experiences!