“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Tyler, Texas
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel room was very spacious and clean. Great location for shopping, restaurants and theater. The hotel had great customer service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Grapevine area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Iota, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The rooms are really spacious, with a small sectional sofa in the room, making it comfy for everyone to relax after a day of shopping at the huge outlet mall right next door or the Bass Pro shop located across the street. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, rooms were very clean, halls were quiet, the complimentary breakfast was a nice buffet, and the kids really enjoyed watching the planes fly in slowly to land out of the hotel room window. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Across the street from Grapevinemills. Great location withing minutes from Gaylord Texan Hotel & resort which also provies free shuttle to the Ice event during the holidays. Great customer service & good breakfast

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Duvall, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is my fourth Hyatt Place stay in various locations and I am a huge fan of the chain. 24 food service is a big boon when you tend to arrive around 10 pm at night, and the staff at each location I've stayed at have been kind and clearly empowered to help their guests. Not one of them has been dismissive or said anything like "we don't do that". They are far more interested in solving guest problems than sticking to pointless rules. They even offered to deliver food to my room when I arrived late as the hotel wasn't too busy. I didn't ask, they just offered, big plus.

Hyatt Place breakfasts keep getting better, and their all-day dining options look good although I haven't tried any yet. There are a few vegetarian options, and not all cheese, which I appreciate in Dallas. The rooms, as always, are huge and comfortable, with some of the best hotel beds I've ever experienced, and a nice seating area where you can work and watch TV in the evening, makes it feel almost like an extended stay property.

My one issue is they don't provide safes in the room at this location. I'd like to leave some of my valuables in the room while I'm at work, but instead I'm carrying them around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My family of four has stayed here twice for two nights each. The food at the breakfast was good, the rooms were nice and seemed clean enough and the staff was helpful. The rate was considerably cheaper than most of the other hotels in the area. The only thing I will say about it is that I didn't see a high chair by the free breakfast. Maybe I overlooked it, but I looked around for one both times I was there and didn't see it - maybe it was just hidden. The second time I brought a portable booster seat for my little one and it worked just fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ionia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was very impressed with the quality of care delivered by the staff at this property! The breakfast quality of food, variety of food, and the environment was superb! The decor and furniture is beautiful...so warm and cozy. We can't forget the EXCELLENT shuttle service. KUDOS to the management team for employing people that genuinely care about the service delivered! We will most definitely return to this property even if we have business elsewhere in Dallas...good customer service these days is PRICELESS and goes a very long way!!! Hyatt Place Grapevine definitely has the right formula - thanks for a wonderful stay and wonderful memories...

Room Tip: I don't believe there would be a huge difference in any rooms and if there were a problem; give...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Manila
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Good
I have stayed with this hotel for a number of times and mostly I've had good experiences except this time. I've booked a room for 2 weeks and at the time of reservation I was told there were 2 days that have a different rate. I'm fine with that and I was issued a reservation number. It was when I've arrived at the hotel when the front desk informed me I have 3 confirmation numbers to track the different rates. I didn't think much of it and the front desk was kind to modify my reservation to apply the same rate all through out my stay. This is super! :) Oh by the way, they've improved their breakfast selection - there are more yummy choices including mushroom/spinach/cheese croissant, waffles, smoked bacon and apple biscuit to name a few.

The Hassle
And this is when the 3 confirmation numbers come into play. Three different reservation means I have to keep going to the front desk to "check-out" and "check-in" again. The entire process isn't exactly time consuming but just a bit of a hassle as you will receive multiple bills and your room card won't work until you go to the front desk to re-configure.

The Bad
So I thought I only have 3 reservations under my name - turns out there were four! One day before I'm due to check out, I've received another bill but I thought it was an info for me in preparation for my check out the next day. I didn't realize that I have been checked-out again and at 8:30pm (tired from day's activities) I went up to my room only to find out my room card doesn't work anymore. I have to go back down and have it re-configured. I've asked the front desk if I have been checked out again and I was informed NO and that their records show I'm checked-in until the next day.

At 12:12am in the morning I've received a call from front desk asking me who I was and why I was staying in that same room I've occupied for the past few days! I've explained that I was just down there 4 hours earlier and they've reconfigured my key. How can they have missed that? The front desk apologized and hang up and I went to sleep. Another ring woke me up (and we are talking about past 12am!) and front desk told me that I haven't been checked in and that he will go ahead and charge my card. I was too tired to argue.

This defintely ruined my experience with Hyatt. I am a platinum member and I have expected personalized service and better customer experience. I do not understand why my reservation couldnt be rolled-up into 1 when they've adjusted my rate and I am required to check-out and check back in. I do not appreciate waking up during unholy hours for a mistake done by front desk. Even if the front desk made a mistake and was not able to check me in, their records would have shown I've been a long time customer, I am not due for check out until the next day and they have my card on file. It is not that urgent to wake me up!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine? Share your experiences!