“Nice alternative when Gaylord was sold out” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Dallas, Texas
“Nice alternative when Gaylord was sold out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Recently stayed here for a conference at the Gaylord, which was sold out. Not only was this price more reasonable, but it took less time to get from my room at the Hyatt to the conference center than it would have if I had to deal with the elevator and the long walk at the other hotel. Less than 5 minutes from my room to the conference center! Room at Hyatt Place is much larger and was nice to get away from the conference. And you get free breakfast here! Next time I have a conference there, Hyatt Place is my choice!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This property is adjacent to the Grapevine Mills Mall and very close to DFW. There is an airport shuttle running every half hour. Allow about 20 minutes to get to your terminal. There are several chain restaurants within short walking distance. I would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pulau Ubin, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have stay 7 nights in this hotel during my business trip in Dallas lately. This property is not very new but the service of this hotel is pretty good. It also provide free wifi. Most importantly it is near the Grapevine outlet mall with good shopping such as Coach, A & F, Levis, Disneystore and etc. Just across the street is the mall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in a lot of hotels over my time, for being an affordable sister, Hyatt Place is amazing. They actually have a bar that is manned by the same crew that checks you in, which makes it nice. They have always been extremely pleasent and "normal" not "company policy says I say this" which i cant stand. I enjoy normal human conversation when at a restaurant or hotel or any other hospitality bussiness. The shuttle service is accomodating and will take you to nearby stores with no question. The rooms are spacious and modern/up to date. Swiveling flat screen and iPod dock. Breakfast is great, obviously not amazing but c'mon it's included. Bout the same as you'd get from an all inclusive in Jaimaca, good enough, and not extra. This is what I would like to see out of most 100-150 range hotels. So good job Hyatt, this is my first review of any kind, and you got a good one. This specific one has a really great staff, cheers, I'm glad I stayed here.

• Stayed October 2011
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is the third or fourth stay here. It's a very typical Hyatt Place, clean, free, fast WiFi, modern rooms. They do provide shuttle service within a 5 mile radius which was great for the GrapeFest. The problem is that you get different information from different staff as far as how or when the shuttle runs. We were told when we checked in that we should just call down when we wanted to go and that the shuttle was "on demand". We do that and get dropped off at the festival. When it's almost 11:00 pm and we are ready to come home, we call and are told that we've just missed the 11:00 shuttle and the next one will leave in 30 minutes. Apparently the shuttle was on a 30 minute scheduled. Just wished we had known that. They have "upgraded" their breakfast to include some hot items but they've taken away the yogurt. Breakfast area can get a bit crowded but pretty quick service in the morning cleaning tables and keeping the buffet stocked. The hotel is also right next door to the Grapevine Mall, across the street from Bass Pro and not far from the Gaylord Texan and Great Wolf Lodge. Would stay here again but would ask several staff the shuttle schedule before heading out of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Pedro, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is my second stay with Hyatt Hotel's "Hyatt Place" brand, my first was in Fort Lauderdale a couple of years ago.

Having stayed in a Hyatt Place previously, I knew what to expect property and room wise - all of the properties are identically laid out. My room was clean, comfortable, and conducive to a single business traveler.

What does stand out at this hotel is the staff! Being a Hotel Manager myself with over 2 decades and 4 countries of resort experience I was blown away by the friendly staff that took me under their wing and treated me like family.

From my short wait at the airport for my friendly transfer by Amadou, to Tanner's no stress, quick, friendly and efficient check-in, to Walter's entertaining service at the bar these were all standout staff members for me.

Ababeska and Michelle handle the weekend evenings, and Arabeska provided warm, caring, friendly and anticipatory service - Kudos!

Mona, the Front Desk Manager, truly went above and beyond. Working alongside the staff and treating me as a friend or family member, she is such a gem, the hotel is lucky to have her amongst all the staff I have mentioned and I really left feeling like I had made a new friend.

Oh, and Everett, the maintenance man. So attentive, so responsive and he called to follow up on my minor a/c issue.

So, for under US$100 with breakfast included. What exactly is it you expect? For me, if you get a clean and comfortable room, right across the street from a major mall, with a shuttle driver available and willing to take you elsewhere in the area AND to top that all off you have great staff, I would say that's a pretty fantastic deal!

I do have to say the enjoyment of my last day was somewhat dampened by a large convention/Christian Fellowship, which included loud, obnoxious young adults who did not seem to have any regard for the people around them and were not only yelling and screaming but engaging in horseplay and bullying. The hotel was proactive in trying to control that group, but quite frankly the chaperone should have been able to do so, and/or the "fellowship" should have their own sense of respect and "Christian concern" for those around them.

PS: if you visit soon, say hi to Ernesto, whom I refer to as the "Ambassador of the Hyatt Place, Grapvine", and is here on an extended stay.

Room Tip: I liked the top (6th) floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
haarlemmermeer
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

we arrived before noon and the room was ready. great. lobby, reception and adjacent bar appeared upscale and nice. mini suite was very clean with all usual ammenties, microwave, coffeemaker and fridge. room had a good quality sleeper sofa, huge flat screen tv with many HD channels and a firm kingbed. outdoor pool was not very clean and a bit cloudy. breakfast was good with fresh hot sandwiches and more, but lesser than e.g. homewood suites and residence inns. epic grapevine mall (8min) and a good applebees (6min) were within easy walking distance. airport shuttle runs every 30min, but upon appointment only. this may cost some waiting time upon arrival, when you have to phone them for pick up. being a gold passport member we were staying on points. nevertheless our credit card was charged with >usd.20 for which we have no explanation. we claimed and after 5 days still no reaction or justification from hyatt whats however. sorry, but this fails customer service attitude and leaves a sour taste. which would otherwise been 4 can only get 2stars max dut to the latter. we will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine? Share your experiences!