“Flight cancelled - Rescued by the Hyatt Place Grapevine” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Chicago,Illinois
“Flight cancelled - Rescued by the Hyatt Place Grapevine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

After a wonderful weekend in Ft Worth we were notified that our flight back home was cancelled due to Weather (Sure it was... wink).

United left us stranded in the airport without a place to go and a discount voucher for a room at the Super 8 for $69... gee thanks but no thanks!

I pulled out my smart phone and jumped on Marriott and Hyatt's website. First place I spotted was the Hyatt Place which offers a free airport shuttle. I called in and within 20 minutes the shuttle was here.

After a disappointing experience with United we were pretty down and out. That was until we were greeted by the wonderful woman working the check in desk around 8pm on 5/6/12 (Blond). She checked us in quickly knowing that we were tired and frustrated and got us straight to our rooms. We just wanted to say thank you again for being so kind.

Also quick thanks to the driver that night - The hotel offers a free shuttle within 5 miles of the hotel. He took us to a local gas station and we really appreciated it.

The lady in the morning could of been a little nicer (brunette, older) but overall we enjoyed our experience and will recommend the Hyatt Place Grapevine for our clients.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is my second visit to a Hyatt Place--compared to similar hotel lines (Courtyard Marriott, Hilton Garden Inn, etc,) I would say, that I am VERY impressed--the hotel is clean, up to date, very nice beds, very helpful staff, etc.

GREAT WALKING Location to the Grapevine Mills Mall --Really!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Rockwall, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here during a dance competition weekend and it worked great for us. We got a great rate and it was a very large room for 2 adutls and 2 kids. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is included in the price, but the breakfast area is very small and was crowded. However, the food was good! We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Friendly Staff, quick check in. Located in the same shopping mall of Grapevine. Lots of restaurants near to you. I did not see any ice vending in my floor. Free shuttle from/To airport or any place around the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Abilene, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband, pre-teen son and I stayed here as part of a weekend getaway during spring break weekend. Our room was clean and comfortable, and my son slept well on the sofa bed. The air conditioner was quite loud, and whenever it would cycle on and off our sleep was interrupted. Elevators are very slow for peak times, but we didn't mind using the stairs a few times. We enjoyed being close to Southlake and attractions in Grapevine.

Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The front-desk employees were very efficient, kind and helpful with answering questions and providing directions to nearby restaurants and attractions.

The hotel offers some food items for additional cost, including breakfast items, beverages and simple desserts. My son and I shared a mini-bundt cake and chocolate chip cookie, and both were very good.

The hotel offers a free continental breakfast, and I guess it goes without saying that the hotel lobby was quite crowded during breakfast time. We had to wait to find a place to sit, and then could only find a table for two. The breakfast area and lobby are nice, but not large enough to handle the number of guests that were in line for breakfast and looking for places to sit. The staff appeared to be struggling to keep breakfast items restocked during this busy time.

My son enjoyed the pool, which was clean and well-stocked with towels and several chaise lounges.

Overall, not a bad place to stay. Next time, however, we will probably stay in Southlake. I disliked all the heavy traffic coming and going to the mall across the street.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

In town for a youth sporting event. Great location to Oak Grove Park and shopping and dining. Only criticism is they need to work on their elevators.

• Stayed February 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Check-in was a bit slow as only one computer was working at the time. The staff was helpful but a little disorganized. The hotel was sold out and they had to walk a few guests to another hotel nearby.
I bought a salad from the little restaurant as I was hungry, and it was fine for takeout.
The room was sapcious. The couch had ink stains all over it, but overall the room was clean and fresh. The huge tv made it easy for me to relax. The shower was good, although the bathroom was very tiny! The hairdryer worked well, which is important to me.
It was relatively quiet, but hotel guests walking through the hallway at 11:30pm woke me - I wish people would be mindful of sleeping guests! It is a hotel after all!!! The planes from DFW did not bother me - not sure I even heard any.
Check out was fast and effecient.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine? Share your experiences!