“Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abilene, Texas
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband, pre-teen son and I stayed here as part of a weekend getaway during spring break weekend. Our room was clean and comfortable, and my son slept well on the sofa bed. The air conditioner was quite loud, and whenever it would cycle on and off our sleep was interrupted. Elevators are very slow for peak times, but we didn't mind using the stairs a few times. We enjoyed being close to Southlake and attractions in Grapevine.

Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The front-desk employees were very efficient, kind and helpful with answering questions and providing directions to nearby restaurants and attractions.

The hotel offers some food items for additional cost, including breakfast items, beverages and simple desserts. My son and I shared a mini-bundt cake and chocolate chip cookie, and both were very good.

The hotel offers a free continental breakfast, and I guess it goes without saying that the hotel lobby was quite crowded during breakfast time. We had to wait to find a place to sit, and then could only find a table for two. The breakfast area and lobby are nice, but not large enough to handle the number of guests that were in line for breakfast and looking for places to sit. The staff appeared to be struggling to keep breakfast items restocked during this busy time.

My son enjoyed the pool, which was clean and well-stocked with towels and several chaise lounges.

Overall, not a bad place to stay. Next time, however, we will probably stay in Southlake. I disliked all the heavy traffic coming and going to the mall across the street.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

In town for a youth sporting event. Great location to Oak Grove Park and shopping and dining. Only criticism is they need to work on their elevators.

• Stayed February 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Check-in was a bit slow as only one computer was working at the time. The staff was helpful but a little disorganized. The hotel was sold out and they had to walk a few guests to another hotel nearby.
I bought a salad from the little restaurant as I was hungry, and it was fine for takeout.
The room was sapcious. The couch had ink stains all over it, but overall the room was clean and fresh. The huge tv made it easy for me to relax. The shower was good, although the bathroom was very tiny! The hairdryer worked well, which is important to me.
It was relatively quiet, but hotel guests walking through the hallway at 11:30pm woke me - I wish people would be mindful of sleeping guests! It is a hotel after all!!! The planes from DFW did not bother me - not sure I even heard any.
Check out was fast and effecient.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Recently I stayed at the Hyatt Place for a 7 Day Business Meeting. During my stay at this property I was impressed by the Hotel Design, cleanliness and the attitude of the Staff.
If I needed a shuttle they were always there to help, the food was good and not too expensive.

I shared my comments with the Manager and she was very grateful that her staff was helpful and willing to do whatever was necessary to make sure that I was comfortable during my stay.

There is no doubt when you are in Grapevine you will not go wrong with the Hyatt Place...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Not super fancy, but a perfectly nice hotel in a good location for shopping and for DFW airport. Would stay again for the price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We were suspicious when we got such a great rate for this hotel, but thought we would be ok because it was a Hyatt. The lobby of the hotel and the staff that checked us in were great. The morning staff was a different sorry. When we did our initial quick inspection of the room we felt it would be fine for one night. We had dinner then quickly got in bed and turned out the lights. That is when the fun began. About every 10 minutes we were rattled by airplanes from DFW. Then every couple of hours some moron would come outside to start their motorcycle that was parked in an area that suggested it was an employees and "rev" the engine for about 20 minutes. Sleeping was impossible. We finally gave up and when we tuned on the lights and started looking around the room we were horrified. When I tried to turn one one of the lights it was covered in some nasty crust, CRUST!!! The shower curtain had several reddish brown areas on it, GROSS!!! On several walls there were streaks of God knows what. The room was filthy, really NASTY!!! I will never stay here again, EVER!!! I want to soak myself in bleach just thinking about it again.

• Stayed January 2012
Warrensburg, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The rooms were pretty nice & descent with very comfortable beds & little bit noisy bedframes. Bathrooms smaller than expected with sink outside the bathroom. Had a very large TV which was nice to view with a variety for pay per view movies. All they need to do is upgrade the breakfast with more varieties.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine? Share your experiences!