“Great Stay-Much Improved customer service!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World

You added Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Bass Pro Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Now, Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
corpus christi texas
“Great Stay-Much Improved customer service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed at this property in late 2008 and had a few issues including the not so friendly staff at that time. I was very pleased to experience a major improvement particularly in the friendly and polite staff from the front desk to the housekeeping staff. I wish I would have obtained names, but the man cleaning up the breakfast tables and the lady in the evening reception were some of the friendliest I have run into in hotels in the US. The front desk was always friendly and accomodating. This goes a long way in keeping the small problems you are bound to run into from becoming major aggravations. I commend management for whatever changes were made!

The pool temperature was great (been in a couple of ES lately that the water was freezing for an indoor pool) I guess my only complaint was that there were no trash cans in the pool area. As far as I could tell you had to go out of the locked pool area to the restrooms to throw away trash. Of course this resulted in candy wrappers, etc being left by children. Nothing to get upset about, though.

The beds were very comfortable and we slept great the 4 nights we were there. I loved being able to walk to Bass Pro Shops and took the shuttle a couple of times to Grapevine Mills Mall. The shuttle was always right on time both going and picking up. The location is perfect for our needs.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Stayed here for three nights on business.15 minute wait for the Shuttle at the airport and a quick check-in. Room was pretty clean. Also right next door to a huge Bass Pro Shop - lots of outdoor gear and clothes. Also an incredible display of a collection of stuffed (taxidermy) animals of all types. Meeting rooms were good and business breakfasts and lunches OK. Gym was small but clean - free weights, a couple ellipticals, several treadmills and bikes. Decent free breakfast - except VERY Bad watery coffee at feee breakfast and the meeting rooms.
The gentleman at the gift shop was friendly and very honest. told me I could get a local paper for free at the front desk when I went to buy one.
Ok -here's where it gets weird. There was a shoe shine stand in the lobby. I was there for three days and the signs saying the shine guy "was gone and would be back tomorrow" seemed to be different each day but I never saw the guy EVER.
There's a Starbucks in the lobby ( and if you like decent coffee you'll be looking for something) but it's only open during breakfast hours. Then every day I was out of mry room from 8 AM to 4:30. Housekeeping promptly showed up each day - 10 minutes after I walked into my room. I didn't think anything of it the first day but by the third day I figured she had it timed to knock on the door so she wouldn't have to clean the room and would just have to give me some towels, coffee and shampoo.
Also, don't bother eating at Uncle Buck's with a large group. Food was not good at all - general consensus. We went to Cozymel a mile or so away ( can't walk) one nght. Very good, very fresh Mexican Food with excellent service.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
LauraErickson, Assistant Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites as your choice of hotels. We do apologize for any short comings, but here is the weird part. February 12th our shoe shine “Woody” was undergoing intensive medical testing. “Woody” has been an icon at our Embassy Suites for 10 years & never missed a day to shine someone’s shoes. Unfortunately for the Embassy Suites our “Woody” lost his battle & passed away on February 20th. He would have loved to shine your shoes. Sad to say we have had to say good bye to a very kind & gentle sole ….. We will miss him!
As far as our housekeeping staff they have to clean the suites, by excusing her she is not doing what she is expected, if brought to our attention immediately we could have resolved the issue for you. They are on a standard rotation when it comes to cleaning the rooms.
Uncle Bucks is a separate entry from Embassy Suites Outdoor World. Our full service restaurant to go with our full service hotel would be our Sportsman’s Bar and Grill. We have a recently updated wonderful menu of excellent choices. We do hope you will give us an opportunity to service you again and show that our AAA 4-Diamond hotel does stand for our excellent service that all our hotel employees strive to provide to all our guests.
Menasha, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Met my son and his family and stayed here two nights. The bedroom was separate from the living room with a door closing it off for privacy which was nice when the grandchildren were napping. Wonderful breakfast with fresh fruit and made-to-order omelets or eggs. I had omelets and they were outstanding. The wait staff was slow picking up dirty dishes both days, but other than that, out stay was excellent. Also, Bass Pro is right next door. As a matter of fact, you go through a hallway from the hotel right to Bass Pro without having to go outside. The evening reception from 5:30 until 7:30 had a large variety of drinks and included a veggie tray, and spiced nuts and a plain nut mixture.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

I am sitting in a room at the Embassy Suites next to BassPro in Grapevine Tx and could as well be sitting in an ashtray! This room stinks! When I first talked to the front desk, we were told we would be moved, but then the manager on duty, Justin, said we could not move as we made reservations on the internet thru a 3rd party. So for 135.00 a night, 2 nights, 2 rooms, we are in a room that would shame any cheap hotel! I am suprised that a John Q Hammons is so poorly managed!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
LauraErickson, Assistant Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World, responded to this review, January 16, 2010
I would like to first of all thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us in Grapevine. I sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered and assure you that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide to our guests. We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that for the past 5 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to encounter. Occasionally we encounter difficult situations that cause for us to react in a particular way and defer to our "hotel policy". I believe that this was the case with the problem that you encountered. At times these policies need to be adjusted to fit the situation and I believe that should have been the case with your stay. Again I thank you for choosing our property and if you return to the Grapevine area I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again to show you that we can provide you with an excellent stay. Please feel free to contact me personally for any future stay and I will ensure that you are well taken care of and at a very reasonable rate.
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Stayed for 1 week in 2-bedroom king suite for son's wedding. Multiple family members in hotel also. Service was fabulous! Complimentary breakfast saved this family of 4 (including BIG breakfast lovers) at least $50 every morning. Manager's reception every evening was a wonderful plus to the long days, and to help prepare for the long evenings of wedding festivities!
Pool and hot tub were very nice; fitness room with many machines and almost always empty-maybe too much time spent at manager's reception??!!
Maid-service timely and extensive each day; kept us well-supplied with towels and toiletries.
Highly recommend this all-suite hotel, we will be visiting family often in this area and would definitely stay here again =)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Pros: Great hotel, spacious rooms, excellent breakfast! We stayed at the hotel during a recent visit to attend a football and baseball game. Despite the hotel being crowded we only waited a short time for breakfast as the process was very organized. Airport shuttle was a great feature. We wanted to experience TX BBQ one night and we received a excellent dinner recommendation by one of the hotel staff. Overall the entire staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons: Other than the mall there was no free local transportation via the shuttle. It ended up costing us $10 to go 2.5 miles. Also, housekeeping overlooked our room and our room never was made up so we had to request towels upon our very late return. (on the plus side they were delivered very quickly once we called)

Overall: I would definitely stay there again and recommend to my family & friends!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive response!! Positive responses like these are what keep us going and we will be sharing this with the team! Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!! We are terribly sorry if there were any inconveniences we might have caused you with housekeeping skipping your room. Whenever you get a chance please feel free to contact us personally the next time you stay and we will make you our priority to make sure this won’t take place again.
Northeast US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2009

Pros: Great location next to DFW, extremely clean and well-appointed rooms, excellent shower, A-1 Breakfast (with fresh-made salsa), and Bass Outdoor World is a trip for non-outdoorsmen.

Finally -- and most importantly to a frequent business traveler -- from the gentlemen who picked me up/dropped me off at DFW, the front-desk people, the great guys making breakfast, and even the really nice lady who brought me ice -- I have never run across such a consistent level of good, friendly, professional people. You expect it at the Ritz, but not to the level I got it here. Really nicely done.

Cons - the typical cave-like feel of all the Embassy Suites rooms and a bunch of teenagers yelling across the atrium was a bit much. Still don't know why they charge for wifi in the room.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World? Share your experiences!