“Great Experience in Dallas, TX” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World

You added Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Bass Pro Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Valentine's Day Getaway
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
New York, United States
“Great Experience in Dallas, TX”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My Family Reunion experience in the Embassy Suites Hotel was wonderful. My room had everything I needed. Breakfast and Happy Hour were all there. Very kid friendly while still accommodating for adults.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
marietta, ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

There were 8 different Family Reunions going on at the same time, in addition to all the other guests. The hotel catered our group for 2 nights. I really didn't expect much as one was barbeque night and the other was pizza. I was VERY surprised. Barbeque night included chicken and beef and fresh salads and desserts that were amazing. Pizza night also included hot wings and salad. The staff was amazing. The happy hour was well run and everything was well stocked. The fresh omelets in the morning were wonderful. Well done.

Columbus, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed here on business for my initial and recurrent at CAE. There was some confusion for me because my friend who is a diamond member was getting the government rate when I (Gold Member) was not. So after we got this straightened out, I got settled in. The keys died a couple of times but the staff replaced them with no issues. It was just annoying to walk by the front and get to the room with my two year old to realize the lock was messed up. Breakfast was ES standard. The bass pro shop and DFW were what sold the place for me. During the summer, I reccomend the hilton accross the road by the mall. It has a nicer pool and made to order breakfast. I stayed there the next time and I was much happier with everything. Overall, this is an average place in a good location.\

Happy travelling!!!

Rob

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sour Lake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a well-run Hotel with very helpful and friendly workers. The noise from the lobby carried too loudly up to the 7th floor, but their were several family reunions that could explain that problem. Lots of room and well laid out in the room. Elevators are situated for a quick trip from and to any part of the hotel. I would highly recommend this for couples or families.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

longview, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We met my Mom in Dallas for a long weekend. This hotel is only 2.5 miles from DFW airport, so it was extremely convenient. The check in service was a little slow and they had a little difficulty getting 3 room keys that would work. However, the hotel is beautiful and very clean. Our 2 bed suite was spacious. The linens were fresh, the refrigerator and televisions were nice, and the furnishings were nice. The couch is a little worn though. Breakfast was wonderful each of the 3 mornings we were there. The made to order omelets and frittatas were delicious and there were lots of other choices, too. There is a Starbucks coffee close to the breakfast area. Happy hour was also a big plus. We enjoyed the wine and snacks. The indoor pool and spa were busy, but clean. The exercise room was larger than most hotels. There are several good places to eat nearby. Grapevine Mills Mall is 1/3 of a mile away and the hotel connects to Bass Pro Shops. There is a sidewalk surrounding the property that is excellent for running. There is also a running/walking trail beside Grapevine Mills if you are looking for a longer run.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the atrium. We enjoyed being away from the elevators.
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed just one night for a fun weekend in town. The pool issues had been dealt with and our boys (3, 7) thoroughly enjoyed both the pool and hot tub. The room was clean and spacious. We love the added bonus of closing a door on the bedroom so mum and dad can stay up after the children are in bed, always going for the two queens which felt like fulls but??? The added surprise was that it was Superhero weekend and so there was a scavenger hunt, face painting, a balloon lady and Disney movies for the kids available at evening reception. We only participated in the hunt but appreciated that extras were there if needed. The breakfast is always fabulous in Embassy Suites. We will be back!

Detroit area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Traveling for business at Christmas time. The hotel was decorated with lovely holiday decorations, and the snack/drink reception at happy hour was quite nice. Overall, the quality of the room met my expectations - it was clean, decor was good, more than enough towels. I had specifically asked for a quiet room away from the elevator and that had a better view than the parking lot. The desk clerk checking me in assured me he had just the right room for me, have me the room key and sent me off with a smile and the generous tip I had just given him still in his hand. When I got to the room, I flung open the drapes and was blinded by the spotlight attached to the rooftop of the lower floors shining directly into my window. Seriously? A rooftop and a spotlight is a better view than the parking lot? I had to leave the drapes closed the entire time I was there because the light was always on. When I called down to the front desk and asked him about it, he laughed and said he gave me a room with a view of the lake. I asked what lake and he said the one behind the other building. Super unprofessional. My company used this hotel for a lot of corporate travel, but we have since stopped using them because this seemed to be the general tone of the staff. It's too bad because the hotel has the potential to be great but the staff just isn't helpful.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World? Share your experiences!