“OK for Leisure, some specifics to consider if business traveler” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Bass Pro Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now, Save up to 20%
Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
California
“OK for Leisure, some specifics to consider if business traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I did 2 separate reviews for families and for business travelers.

Things to watch out in the next few months for all travellers:

If you arrive at DFW and are renting a car, beware there is a lot of construction through Sept 2012 with EXTREMELY POOR signage on the highway. Even though hotel is close to the North side of DFW, getting there is very difficult due to the construction, even with GPS.

REVIEW FOR FAMILIES:
For families, hotel is great, close to shopping center and movie theater 5 minutes by car/hotel shuttle.
Rooms are typical Embassy suites SUITES with a bedroom + a private living room area with work desk and sleeper couch. Flat TV's in each, bedroom and living room are rather small.
There is a daily charge to use the internet. You can avoid this charge if you are an ATT DSL customer and remember your login name and password.
Hotel has a small pool and jacuzzi great for kids. There is also an arcade that is not worth even walking into.. Outdated games and not good choices for any kids of any age. the arcade is located across from the elevators before you enter the pool area.

There is a Starbuck in the lobby only open from 7-11AM or similar hours.
Breakfast is standard Embassy suites. Included with room rate, and it is a good deal.

Good steak restaurant next door. Uncle Buck's. Food is great, service is average. There is water in the room for $3 a bottle. For extended stays, bring your own bottled water before checking in and save.

REVIEW OR BUSINESS TRAVELERS:

The business center here is not good. 2 computers and super slow internet or not working. The working desks and furniture in the rooms are vey good and comfortable. Internet in rooms worked great. Again, if you need to print a few items during your stay, this hotel may be a good choice. No Kinko's nor FedEx nor Office Depot nearby.
Hotel has conference meeting space. Beautiful grounds and meeting rooms.
ALL THE STAFF is great, from reception to Housekkeping to Banquet staff.
FREE PARKING!
I took precious time to write this review to help you make a better informed decision before booking your next stay. PLEASE take 3 seconds to indicate if this review was helpful. It would help me to know.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Thi higher floor rooms are better for view and newer furniture in some.

428 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights on business in March 2012. I had a mixed experience -- there's a lot to like about the hotel, but it had some downsides too.

So, what did I like? Well, the hotel is pretty -- it's got a dramatic atrium, very nice decor, etc. My room was in good condition, with a reasonably (though not fantastically) comfortable bed, a nice desk with comfortable and adjustable chair, and above-average furnishings. All rooms are suites, of course, and the space is great. I think the rooms themselves are a notch above your average Embassy Suites property.

The location is fine. It's very suburban and very Dallas...but it's near several (mostly chain) restaurants and lots of shopping, etc. in Grapevine. It's reasonably close to DFW. Note, however, that rental car pickup is on the SOUTH side of DFW and this hotel is on the north side. So, if you rent a car, your trip to & from rental car pick-up/return will be longer than you might think for an airport hotel.

What did I not like? The front desk was consistently under-staffed. There was a long line to check-in (only one person was working), another long line to check-out (one person working). I had three packages delivered to the hotel. The front desk staff had to work to find them; once they were located, an agent on the phone told me, "they'll be right up." Well, 20 minutes passed with no package delivery. I called back and was told that "no bellman was available" and that's why I had to wait. Well, one, hire more bellman and two, if that's the case, don't tell me they'll be right up. They came about 15 minutes later.

I didn't have a great room service experience. My food came quickly and as requested, but was very bland.

The other thing isn't necessarily a dislike -- just a thing to be aware of. The hotel is VERY family-oriented. That's great for families -- I see why they like its space and location. As a business traveler, I found it a bit irritating: the fitness center/pool were full of kids (thus it was hard to squeeze in a workout), the business center computers were always occupied with people just surfing the internet, the elevators were full of kids riding up and down, and the complimentary happy hour was a flurry of people reaching for nut mix as if they hadn't eaten for days. That doesn't make this a bad hotel at all, just not perhaps the best choice for a business traveler.

So, average overall -- high quality rooms, service could use improvement, not a great business hotel but good for families.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Monica H, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Greetings from the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World!

We appreciate tremendously your post regarding your accommodations experience on Trip Advisor. We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that status for the past 12 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to encounter.

I’m however saddened to learn that this wasn’t the case for a portion of your stay. It seems that we give you the perception of being understaffed and that wasn’t our intent. I’ve shared your comments with our executive chef regarding the service food appearing bland. I’ve also shared your feedback with our Front Office manager about the delayed on the delivery of boxes.

At our hotel, we strive to provide excellent service and we proudly serve all type of guests; corporate travelers and leisure guests. I can't say we serve more a leisure traveler than our corporate guests. It all depends on holidays, spring break; weather, etc…Our occupancy is totally dictated by our guests demands and we are grateful for it. We love them all.

Again I thank you for choosing our property and if you return to the Grapevine area I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again, to show you that we can provide you with an excellent stay.

Senior Management
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed two nights and really enjoyed this hotel. Everything nicely appointed and food at breakfast was excellent. The evening manager's reception had more than the usual snacks and some healthy stuff too. Rooms are clean and have the usual (two flat screens, desk, etc). I would stay here again. wish American Airlines would offer this hotel more often when my flights get cancelled instead of some of the other options in the area.

Room Tip: West (better) or east views give you take off and landing aircraft from/to DFW in you are into that...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Greetings form the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World in Grapevine!

Our hotel staff would like to thank you for the kind comments regarding your accommodations experience on Trip Advisor. We hope to service you and your family in the near future!

Thank you for staying with us!

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

My family took a quick one-night getaway to Grapevine in March of 2012. We stayed in a nonsmoking two double bed suite and were very pleased with our experience. My children loved the indoor pool (it was still much too cold to swim outdoors) and the free breakfast buffet was a great added touch. They had a good selection of just about any basic breakfast item. Suite and bathroom were very clean and very comfortable, and the proximity to shopping and restaurants made it very convenient. Check in staff was quick, friendly and efficient. We asked for a crib after we arrived, and it was delivered to our room within fifteen minutes. If we return to Grapevine at any time other than summer (when my children would want an outdoor pool), we will definitely stay at the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of the hotel staff at the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World in Grapevine, we'd like to thank you for the kind comments regarding your accommodations experience on Trip Advisor. We hope to service you and your family in the near future!

Thank you for staying with us!

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this location. We were visiting our grandchildren and wanted a good location: this worked very well. Great access to both the Grapevine aquarium and Legoland in the mall accross the street. It was spring break, so the hotel was full of children, not good for the business traveler, but great for reasons. We made reservations directly with the hotel, a good idea if you have any special requests. We booked two rooms and both were clean and what we expected.

Every member of the hotel staff did a great job, from the resevationist to check out. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was very good, and adult and kid friendly. Nightly reception was very well presented, although we did not truely partake. (Grandkids wan't to swim).

Only one problem during our stay, one of the televsions began to act up, it was resolved by the front desk staff after mentioning it to them. Well done.

I have to tip my hat to the entire staff, we enjoyed our stay and have it on our list for future stays in the area.

Room Tip: Book a corner king, we enjoyed having the extra space, just further from the elevator than we care t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World!

We appreciate you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your accommodations experience on Trip Advisor. We always strive for perfection and it seems we achieve that and more during your stay.

We hope your travels bring you back to our hotel in the near future! Thank you for staying with us!

Senior Management
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I recently stayed for a week for a conference. The staff was very curteous and helpful when they picked me up at the airport, I was checked in very quickly given useful information about the hotel and the area.

The room was huge, there was a large living room with a sitting area, desk with several chairs and a large flat screen tv. There is small kitchenette with a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, assortment of teas, etc. The bathroom was large and stocked with soaps, lotions, shampoo, and anything else you needed. Razors, tooth paste, etc were available upon request from the front desk. The bedroom was huge, two beds, a small vanity, night stand, dresser, and another large flat screen tv.

The staff for our conference was great. When a problem would arise they would resolve it quickly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Monica H, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Greetings from the Embassy Suites Grapevine Outdoor World!

We appreciate tremendously your post regarding your accommodations experience on Trip Advisor. I'm glad to see that we met and exceeded your expectations for great service.

We hope your travels bring you back to our hotel in the near future!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Very unfriendly and not helpful staff upon arrival. It started with doorman who did not smile or seem happy to greet me. Then I checked in only to receive a handicapped room ( I am very fortunate not to be handicapped, however, I grew up with a mother who was, so I do not enjoy staying in this type of room ) , I asked to move to another room which was supposed to be a suite with a balcony. The front desk guy tried to switch me to a much lesser quality room with no balcony, double beds instead of king. I went back downstairs AGAIN and spoke to the front desk manager who was also NOT friendly and acted like this was a big chore to her. I proceeded to haul my things up to another room which ended up being what I thought I was getting from the beginning. This hotel has twelve floors so I went up and down three times in order to finally get a room that was acceptible to me. Then I came downstairs before I left for the day and asked for a safe deposit box since I discovered that this overpriced room did not have one. The same front desk guy who had moved me to the lesser room did not have the keys to enter the room where the boxes were, so he went in the office to get them. I stood there for quite some time and another woman kept making excuses for where he was! I finally told her I was leaving and to forgot it. Also, the room furniture is old and ugly with dark cabin/forest theme which seems inappropriate considering this is a Dallas suburb, not Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The balcony was nice, however, This hotel also has an evening reception and cooked to order breakfast. The evening reception which I told would have appetizers consisted of pretzels and peanuts, very disappointing...The breakfast was much better. The lobby is pretty with waterfalls and streams. But overall it is the people who all seem unhappy at this place and the rooms are very overpriced for the quality.

Room Tip: not sure...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Monica H, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
I would like to first of all thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us in Grapevine. I sincerely apologize for the problems that you encountered and assure you that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide to our guests.

We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that for the past 12 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to experience. Occasionally we encounter difficult situations that cause for us to provide with a different room type than the one requested during the initial reservation. I believe that this was the case with the issue you encountered. We take the requests of room type of all of our guests very seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure those. At times these policies need to be adjusted to fit the situation such as a sold out hotel of a particular room type and I’m certain that was the case with your request. I’m sorry the room type offered was not what you expected.

Your feedback regarding your perception of unfriendly staff, looking and acting as they were unhappy to work at our hotel was shared with the entire staff as a learning curve and to make corrective actions. We were all unpleasantly surprised as on many previous surveys, friendliness of staff is one of our most commented assets!

Again I thank you for choosing our property and if you return to the Grapevine area I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again to show you that we can provide you with an excellent stay.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World? Share your experiences!