“Great Hotel for wedding party/guests” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 Bass Pro Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now, Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Grapevine
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hotel for wedding party/guests”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

My brother got married over Memorial Day weekend in Grapevine and the venue recommended the Embassy as a place to get a room block. The party and guests booked up every room that they gave us and we all had no problems booking and the booking agent was very helpful!

We got to the hotel a couple hours before check in and I had my 83 year old grandmother with so I asked if we could at least get her into a smoking room (and that id be willing to wait until check-in time) and the front desk clerk was very accommodating and not only got her into a room right away, but ours too!

There was free happy hour from 4-6 every night, the bar tenders were very friendly and they had bar snacks to munch on. It was a great way for everyone to come together and hang out before the wedding festivities.

The room was nice, exactly what it is at every hotel. Clean, large rooms, comfortable beds, it was an all over great trip.

The only thing I would change -- and ive been meaning to write a letter to the hotel about this -- is that they should re-evaluate the way the 9-1-1 function works on their room phones. We had to call an ambulance for my grandmother because she collapsed in her room. When I dialed 9-1-1 it went to the front desk, instead of the 9-1-1 dispatch center. The front desk had to call me back after THEY called 9-1-1, and tried to connect me with 9-1-1 but it couldnt connect. 5 min later a knock on the door and it was a hotel employee with their cell phone with 9-1-1 on the line. It would and should have been a more streamline process, let the rooms connect with 9-1-1 to give the information to dispatch to give to the ambulance, instead of connecting me only with the lobby!

Anyway, other than that -- there are lots of places in walking distance to eat around there and the Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall just down the street too. All very convienant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Norfolk, Ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

5 Star in almost every way as is expected. Room, breakfast, and staff were all excellent.
Bass Pro.was 6 Star for grandkids seeing the mounts, ducks, and fish.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed here for two nights, May 18th and 19th, for training. The hotel is very close to the airport and provides a free shuttle for guests. The shuttle was a great perk! They even took us to the Grapevine Mills Mall, which was very close to the hotel.

The hotel is very pretty with a gorgeous atrium, alot of greenery, and calming fountains. The breakfast buffet provides alot of dining options, and the cook to order omelettes are to die for! Our suite was Room 1030, and was very nice and roomy with a living area, kitchenette with a microwave and mini fridge, and bedroom with two double beds. The mattresses were soooo comfortable! OMG, unbelievable! Very quiet mattresses, that didn't make a sound when you moved around in the bed.

The lunches and dinners in the hotel were very good. Great variety - the company provided buffet style meals for us and the food was really delicious. Great desserts as well.

The conference rooms were nice. Snacks and fruit were provided during the day between meals. On our second day of training, we even had ice cream snacks! I was surprised to see the ice cream freezer right there at our disposal! Nice touch!

We printed our boarding passes in the Business Center before leaving. Just a tip - it appears as if the internet access is still dial-up, so it's a little slow. Works just fine, but allow some time to pull up your flight info and print the boarding pass.

Great hotel. I would stay again if I needed to be near the airport...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo Springs, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two days when we took our two grandchildren (3 and 5) to the Dallas Zoo. I always like Embassy Suites because there is always ample room for us and the kids to all stay comfortably. The rooms are large and offer privacy plus more than one television and also some kitchen appliances. The breakfast cooked to order, inside pool and evening beverages are also great reasons to stay here. We had never stayed at this hotel but the staff was great, they sent us complimentary fruit and ice each evening, and let us get a late checkout on our last day so the kids could swim one more time. The rate was excellent too! The airport is a little close but we were upgraded to the top floor so that was probably the reason we noticed some flights but was not too loud. Overall this was a great trip and staying here made it comfortable, felt safe with the kids and was enjoyed by us all.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
LauraErickson, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Be warned, there are huge cockroaches climbing the walls in this "nice" hotel. My daughter and I stayed here this past weekend and after unpacking and preparing for sleep I noticed a HUGE roach on the ceiling above the sink/coffee pot area in the living room. This was no ordinary little roach, nor was it a big "water bug", it was brown and it was a roach and it was half the size of my palm! After having a teenager yell and jump up on the couch in the corner I called management for someone to come kill this bug. Nothing happened with my first call so about 10 minutes later the stand off between us and this roach continued. We were afraid it would drop down onto our bags or on the brown carpet and we would never know where it went. After the second call to management a very nice maintenance worker arrived with a can of Raid and gloves. He climbed on chair and sprayed huge roach and it dropped to floor and scampered under the refrigerator. Maintenance man pulled out refrigerator and cabinets and did not find the WORLDS LARGEST ROACH. He even commented on the size.

I asked him to please leave the can of Raid. At this point I could have had a fit and demanded another room or my money returned but it was 10 pm, poor planning meant I knew for a fact after 5 hotels called, there were no more available hotel rooms near where we wanted to be. So..... no problem with roaches again, however, for this much money, one remote didn't work, there was no air circulating from bedroom where thermostat was located into living area of suite, so the smell was of mold with no fresh air. Saturday afternoon around 4pm, upon arriving back at hotel, our room had not been cleaned. I had to call to get that done. I understand the hotel was full but if you have that many rooms, you should staff accordingly or not fill up every room!

It gets better........or worse.........on Sunday morning about 6:30 I have to go to the restroom, you guess it, the worlds absolute biggest roach was waiting on the wall by the toilet!! I kid you not it was the size of the palm of my hand. It's little antenna thingy was moving as was the little wing things on it's back like it was going to pounce. It was awful and I was pissed and needed to go to the bathroom. I found the can Raid, sprayed it, it fell onto the tile, i had no shoes on so I put the trashcan on it. OMG, I expected the trashcan to raise up. I called hotel manager at this time and told him how unacceptable this was, how this was the Grandfather of all roaches and he remembered me calling on Friday. He paused as if he expected me to say something else or as if he didn't know what to say. I told him I wasn't looking for my money back nor was I wanting a discount, I was just packing up and leaving at that moment. He finally stated that that had an exterminator planned to come to hotel next week.

Do not go to this hotel, please. I am contacting Marriot.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
LauraErickson, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
I would like to first of all thank you for making us aware of the issues that you encountered during your recent stay with us in Grapevine. I sincerely apologize for those problems and assure you that it is not a good representation of what we want to provide to our guests. We are very proud of our AAA 4 Diamond rating as we have maintained that for the past 8 years and this is the level of service that we expect all of our guests to encounter. Occasionally we encounter difficult situations such as the “roaches” which are in fact water bugs or aka Palmetto bugs and unfortunately are pretty common in Texas. They do get big and are not caused by a cleanliness issue. My staff and management again thank you for choosing our property and if you return to the Grapevine area I would love to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again.
Miramar, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed in room #1111 for three nights. Began to see red bumps on my upper torso. Went to the doctor straight from the airport and the doctor diagnosed me with bed bugs. I was given a prescription cream and was rid of them overnight.

The Assistant Front Clerk assured me they never have had a report of bed bugs before, which I find hard to believe given the statistics reported about the bed bugs. It has been three days (and counting) and Embassy has NOT responded back to me about the critters as they stated. I feel they were disingenuous in their commitments to address the problem with me.

This was my first trip from my home is over four months.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your response and sorry for the delay we wanted to make sure that our reports were final and we have provide and extensive inspection with our company we use for normal routine maintenance and it has been shown that there was no such thing as “bed bugs” in the suite. We tried to contact you back but the number you provide us was incorrect. We do apologize as if you feel that you had gotten them from your stay with our hotel but we have a professional report stating that it was negative. Thanks again for choosing our AAA Four Diamond hotel for your recent stay in Grapevine.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Was at a conference for 4 days and hotel staff was excellent. The food was superb both breakfast, lunch, happy hour and dinner. Staff accommodated my dietary needs and went overboard to seek me out to offer me their latest! Only downside is that apart from the stunning Bass Pro Outdoor World, there is nothing walking distance from there. You can use the free shuttle from the airport or go to Grapevine Mills but those are rather infrequent. Taxis are pretty expensive so it makes sense to rent a car if you want to explore the area at all. Eg: Lake Grapevine, Gaylord hotel etc.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your positive response!! Positive responses like these are what keep us going and we will be sharing this with the team! Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!! We do have a new menu that has been added in our restaurant so the next time you come out to visit you should be seeing some new selections.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel DFW Airport North/Outdoor World? Share your experiences!