“surprisingly nice little aquarium” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 Attractions in Grapevine
Type: Aquariums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Are you a Shark lover, Seahorse fanatic or a Clown-fish groupie? Perhaps it’s the graceful Jellyfish or our newest family member- the Green Sea Turtle that you love the most. Maybe you simply can’t decide! At SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium you can make up your mind and see them all - from the curious and the rescued to the rare and the enigmatic. SEA LIFE Grapevine Aquarium offers an interactive, hands-on visit for all ages. A day out at SEA LIFE will leave you with fantastic memories and feeling empowered to make a difference to the underwater world. Take the “Behind the Scenes Tour” to discover the top of the ocean tank and get a closer look at the animals who call it home. You'll see first-hand how the SEA LIFE Aquarist Team prepares food for over 5,000 animals each day!
Houston, Texas, United States
32 attraction reviews
“surprisingly nice little aquarium”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I wasn't expecting much as this is in a mall...but it was really a nice place. It's well maintained, the exhibits are well done and it's got some fun extras. We did the questions throughout. They have "Fin Facts" on walls all throughout the aquarium. As you go through, you can answer questions based on these facts and get a prize at the gift shop for answering them all right. It really added a sense of fun for our 8 year old, and got him to actually read the information. There is some new shark technology and little viewing area that are really cool. The petting tank is small, but a great addition to any aquarium. The staff were extreamly friendly. I say, if you like aquariums and have younger kids, it's worth it - but find one of hte coupons, first. If you've been to the Aquarium of the Americas or the like and have those expectations, then this is not for you.

Visited August 2014
Iain_Scouller, General Manager at Sea Life Aquarium, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hi and thank you for such a positive review of our aquarium.
We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again very soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
189 attraction reviews
“Small small small aquarium”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Tiny place in a mall, definitely not worth the price or drive out to see unless you plan on doing some shopping too. If you read every plaque in here and spend a minute to minute and half at each aquarium you might make it last 45mins.....but that is stretching it. The map makes the place look huge, but it is not. Was definitely disappointed. Been to other Sea Life's and they were all better than this one. Smallest 360 tunnel ever, smallest shark tank ever. I'd have to recommend anyone PASS on this.

Visited July 2014
Hi and thank you for your comments about our aquarium.

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience. Usually, a visit take at least an hour to an hour and a half to complete.
We are glad to hear you have visited our sister aquariums, but are disappointed you didn't enjoy ours as much as the others.

Our ocean tank, which is where most of our sharks are, is over 165,000 gallons, with over 220,000 gallons in the whole aquarium. We have a wide array of species, two stories of different tanks and themed rooms and over 15 species of sharks. We are always building upon the aquarium and hope you can come back to see our new additions next year.
Dallas, Texas
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Educative and interactive. My 9 year old daughter and I had a wonderful time. It was an awesome experience.

Visited August 2014
HI and thank you for your positive review of our aquarium!
We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again very soon!
Round Rock, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
“One fish two fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I are a couple of big kids so we attend amusement parks without kids. =D We both really enjoyed the aquarium. The music they play is very relaxing. The exhibits are well lit and displayed. The staff is knowledgable and friendly. The 360 view in the shark encounter is pretty cool. The floor has a glass bottom so there are fish, sharks, and stingrays swimming overhead as well as under your feet. You almost get the feeling you are in the ocean with the sea life. Be sure to get tickets online or a get a coupon to save a few bucks.

Blub blub- translated from fish language- Enjoy!

Visited August 2014
Iain_Scouller, General Manager at Sea Life Aquarium, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review - we hope to see you and your husband again very soon!
dcranky81
17 attraction reviews
“Glad I went once, will not return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Maybe I'm a bit spoiled with my aquarium visits other places, but I was highly disappointed with this experience and don't understand the high reviews. I'm glad we (my 9-year-old and I) went, but for the price I was honestly hoping it would be more interactive. I did take advantage of the online price, but the combo option to include Legoland was not available. Even with the discount we got, I still feel we paid too much.

There was really only one exhibit with any interaction and it was a big touch screen. The touch-pools were small and lacked anything really interesting.

Our original plan was to visit the Dallas Aquarium, but we saw this one was next to Legoland and the flyer looked like it would be a great place. I now wonder if we should have stuck with the original plan.

Overall, it was an enjoyable visit, but far too expensive for what we got. I've been to cheaper aquariums with much better interaction with the sea life. I would not recommend it.

Hi and thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your visit as much as would have hoped.

We are sorry the combo option was not available. For future reference, if you bring in your SEA LIFE ticket to the admissions area, we are able to upgrade your ticket to the combo ticket in which you will just pay the difference.

We do have an interactive quiz trail throughout the entire aquarium in which you learn all about our sea animals. We are sorry if you missed this activity. We also have feeds and talks daily led by our education team that guests can watch as well.

We hope to see you again soon to better your experience with us.

Been to Sea Life Aquarium? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sea Life Aquarium, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.