“Nice experience” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Grapevine
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel was undergoing some renovation's while we were there. We stayed on the third floor which was mostly complete. Our room was very nice and clean, very roomy. The only thing I noticed was the tub was very slick. I had to be very careful not to fall in it. No texture on the bottom at all. Other than that very pleased with the room. It was really a small suite. Large tv was nice. Breakfast was ok and good service. The staff were very friendly. Some dead flowers in pots outside the front door which is usually a turnoff for me but in this case I tried to overlook it because of all the work that was going on inside the hotel. Overall, good place. I would return again. I did think it was a little over priced for all the work going on. Would have made me feel better if they had reduced the rate because of the work.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We appreciate your time and effort to send us a review of our hotel. It is very nice to know that you enjoyed your spacious and clean room along with exceptional service that we provide. Thank you for bringing to our attention your feedback regarding the slippery tub and the dead flowers outside the front door. We will forward this information to the staff as our aim to is delight you even more on your next stay. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grapevine.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bozeman, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So at 180 a night I think it ok to have some basic expectations. For one, when I hotel is being renovated, tell me up front and give me a price break for the hassle of dealing with taped down rugs and hand written signs, the smells of fresh paint etc.
Second, when the t.v. does not pick up signal and I'm told someone will come up, I expect a knock on my door in a reasonable time. After 45 minutes and then the, I cant leave the front desk excuse, I'm done with them.
There is a Hilton Garden right next door. Go there.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grapevine for your previous stay. We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you endured during your stay with us. Our hotel is finishing up a complete renovation and we are expecting to make our guest feel even more at home with a great new appeal. Our team is here to ensure our guests receive an exceptional stay and we apologize if we fell short during your stay with us. We value your business and opinion and please do consider us again on your next trip to Grapevine.
Aubrey, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stopped in here just to get some much needed sleep. When we walked in the door a few feet from us a copper light fixture fell from the ceiling to the floor. We were not told when we booked that the hotel was under remodel and construction going on all over. We stepped out to eat and when we got back I tripped over a wet floor sign that was laying flat on the floor right inside the front door. From the hazards that no one seemed to be concerned with, to the noise, buyer beware!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are very disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I assure you this not a typical experience at our hotel. Our team is here to ensure our guests receive an exceptional stay and maintain a safe environment. We are truly sorry if that was not your experience. Rest assured the comments you made will help us improve our services and we hope you give us a chance to serve you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a great place to park for air travel from DFW. The staff of drivers / front desk are great especially April. Very polite, friendly, and professional. Wait times at the airport are usually 10 minutes or less after you request your pickup. The shuttle leaves every half an hour which makes it convenient for all departure times.

• Stayed September 2014
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We are excited to hear that you enjoy our hotel, staff, and shuttle service. We will pass on your wonderful comments to April and the Team. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Grapevine!
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014 via mobile

We had an overnight stop between flights and this hotel was just what we needed - free hotel shuttle (we phoned reception on our arrival and she told us where to wait (at the Grey Shuttle Pickup sign) and was able to tell us the bus was only 10 mins away), is in a quiet area, close to restaurants, and a decent walk to Big Bear Park where we went to stretch our legs and get over jet lag.
The reception staff was very helpful and friendly, the shuttle drivers were happy and welcoming.
Yes, the hotel appears tired but it was comfortable with good amenities. It is undergoing maintenance at the moment which was no bother to us - we had a room on the ground floor.
Breakfast was basic but fresh and quite sufficient.

• Stayed August 2014
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel, shuttle, and breakfast. We expect to be completely finished with our renovation very soon and we hope you will come see our new, updated look on your next visit to Grapevine!
North Potomac, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel is under renovation, yet the staff made sure that my stay was as comfortable as it could ever be. Shyree and Pricia gave me rides to and fro the airport - thy provided outstanding customer service to me! When I reported that the air conditioner in my room was not functioning properly, the technician on duty changed it within 1 hour! I am really impressed by the services of the the staff in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
We are thrilled to learn that you had a great experience during your recent stay. We will share your comments with Priscia, Shyree, and the maintenance team. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Grapevine!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've waited over a month in hopes that I would be contacted by management or by Holiday Inn corporate about our issues, but that hasn't happened so I'm assuming our issues were swept under the rug. We booked a one night stay through a third party booking company that we generally use. We arrived fairly late, around 9pm. We were just stopping in on our way back home.
Our kids were bothering us to hit the pool so we quickly dropped our bags in the room, got changed and went down to the pool. The pool area is nice, and the kiddie pool is a nice addition. While the kids played in the pool, we hopped into the "hot" tub. Except it wasn't hot at all. My husband went to the front desk and asked if they could make it hot and they replied that they couldn't, it was the manager's decision and they chose to not have it hot to avoid lawsuits? Which was the strangest thing I've ever heard. Why have a hot tub if it's going to be the same temp as the pool?
After the kids get done swimming, we get back up to our room and hop in the shower. As I was washing our kids' hair in the shower, I realized that the tub wasn't draining at all. And they were not only standing in shower water, but also in nasty gunk that had come back up the drain. So I quickly grabbed them out of the tub and dried them off. With the only 2 towels in the bathroom. 2 towels for 5 people. Not much logic there.
As we were getting the older girls dressed, I let our toddler wander around the room. I was busy brushing my daughter's hair when I caught him trying to stick his finger in an EXPOSED ELECTRICAL OUTLET.
At that point, I was fed up. I can handle rude staff and terrible accommodations, but I WILL NOT put my child's life in danger. I called the booking agency that we used and they asked that we try and work something out with the hotel before going somewhere else. They put us in another room that was filthy and smelled terrible. Between dealing with the front desk, checking out the new room, and talking to the booking agency, we wasted about an hour and a half. By the time we got back with the agency, it was past midnight and they couldn't make a booking for that night. So we went to the front desk and asked for a refund so we could go somewhere else. Which took another 30 minutes because the rude employee was taking everything personally. Like I was personally insulting her because I wanted a safe clean room. Even after she admitted that the room we were originally given wasn't even supposed to be used! After several phone calls back and forth they called to the hotel next door and put us in a room there. So we check in at 1am. Have to bathe everyone and try and get some rest for the rest of our trip. The neighboring hotel was kind enough to give us a very late check out and felt very bad for our situation.
I've never had this type of experience at any Holiday Inn. I'm not sure if it's just this location or all of the HI Express chain, but attention to general maintenance and sanitation should be a top priority. The reception/breakfast areas are very nice, clean and well maintained. But the rooms(and I can say that in plural form because we checked out more than one) are filthy and dangerous.
You can go anywhere else in Grapevine and get a nice, safe, comfortable stay for less $$ in most cases. Stay away!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am very disappointed to learn that you feel that your stay was not to the standards we strive to achieve. I assure that all issues that were noted have been looked into. We did not find any rooms to be unsafe or with exposed electrical outlets. We maintain a regular preventative maintenance schedule to ensure all items are working properly and are maintained for our guests. Our hot tub has been open and is heated year round. We have followed up with our staff and do not show any reports of it not operating properly. We also confirmed with Hotwire that they offered to refund your room since we are not able to since you paid $50 to them and not the hotel directly. However, we felt that you were satisfied since we paid full rate for you to stay at another hotel. Our friendly and courteous staff strives to deliver top notch service to all of our guests and we are truly sorry if you did not feel this was not your experience.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine? Share your experiences!