“Not good for biz travelers, families, single women . . .” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
“Not good for biz travelers, families, single women . . .”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Against my better judgment, I booked this hotel. I wasn't expecting much, just a ride from the airport & a clean bed for a quick, one-night in & out business visit. I called in advance to ask about the airport shuttle schedule. I was advised that they pass by every 30 minutes at the airport, so I didn't need to schedule with them. After I arrived at DFW, I did my time by the curb for 30 minutes before calling the hotel. They asked what gate I was at, and then advised that guests must schedule pickup - they do not make routine rounds. Completely contradictory to what I was told in advance. Forever and a year later (I was curbside at DFW by 2:30 PM, I didn't arrive to the hotel until 5:00 PM, and they are eight minutes away by car), the shuttle picked me up. The passengers in the back were obviously upset as well, and indicated they had been waiting for well over an hour. The driver communicated with the hotel via hand-held cell phone from the airport to the hotel. I would assume that hands-free communication would be standard for someone whose job is driving, but no. It's not. I arrived, and there was no apology. Just, "I understand, I hear what you're saying, etc." I was told that they were running two shuttles at full capacity, and with the volume of guests, it just took longer. When I got to my room, the wifi didn't work. I called the front desk, and was told that they would re-set the router and for me to try again in 15 minutes. I tried again in 15 minutes, still no luck, so I called again. The front desk personnel gave me the number to their ISP provider for tech support. Seriously?!?! I'm supposed to work with THEIR vendor to rectify service issues?! I was a trooper, and called their tech support folks. They did what they do, and asked me to try again in 15 minutes. I tried again, and no luck. This was a business trip. I needed consistent wifi for VPN connection, and couldn't get it. At this point, I decided I needed to check out and started making calls to the Hilton. Then comes a knock at the door. Before I could get to the door, a man in street clothes (not a Holiday Inn Employee, but a subcontractor) barges in holding a large screen TV, proudly announcing that I was getting a big TV installed on the wall right now. When I told him I didn't want a TV installed right now, he admonished me for not putting the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Seriously?!? The hotel doesn't collaborate with the subcontractors to let them know what rooms are occupied? What if I had gone out for dinner? I wouldn't have put the DND sign up, and I would certainly expect that 3rd party contractors weren't in my room while I was gone. Finally, I'm wrapping up alternative reservations with Hilton, I've packed up my belongings, and I'm about to exit the room. In enters sub-contractor #2 carrying a TV as I'm exiting the door to the room, this time WITH the DND sign on the door! The only thing I can say about this hotel that's nice is that it looked fairly clean, and they gave me a free shuttle ride over to the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear lizalot,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are truly sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sorocaba, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We always stay there as we go for flight training at Simuflight. The hotel is aways clean and the ladies at the front desk go above and beyond to help us have a great experience wile staying with them. Its a great home away from home!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We are very glad that you make Holiday Inn your choice when attending flight training. We are pleased to serve them with great rates, shuttle service, free breakfast, and a state of the art business center, and fitness room. We hope to see you during your next training.
Allen Park, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

0Well our experience didn't start off too well and that's was purely on a customer service level. I arrived before the rest of my group, (they were at the airport waiting on the shuttle, and had asked to check in early to get the ball rolling, but she had informed me she couldn't check me in until I had my employee card (it's a white piece of paper that isn't needed for anything right away -- I know this because I work the front desk at an IHG property) And that was fine, whatever, I let it go but it was just the way she went about everything. I'd hope for the sake of the other guests she only treated me that way BECAUSE I was an employee. Well when my friends had arrived and we were checking in an African American lady (I know so bad I don't remember names!!) took over checking us in THANK GOD! She was soo nice and personable! I was very pleased!! So I thank you!

The rooms were very nice! Clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have is that it didn't have any type of mini fridge or microwave, would have been fine without the microwave but they should really think about getting the mini fridge! It was possibly just our rooms tho.

BIG PLUS --free shuttle to and from airport and surrounding areas 24/7 that was a huge help! We had 3 wonderful drivers during my stay (1 Hispanic gentleman and 2 African American ladies) and those three people were the most polite in the WHOLE HOTEL!

Breakfast was good, standard HIE free fresh start.

JOEs Crabshack and Olive Garden in walking distance.

Grapevine is a very nice area! Great to enjoy downtown at the little shops or even the huge mall 5 minutes away.

THey have a pool but were weren't able to enjoy it while there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are glad that you enjoyed your weekend in Grapevine and our property. Our staff takes pride in exceptional customer service. I apologize if it was inconvenient to wait to check in. We have a high demand for employee rate discounts and we have to follow the rules of the program to give the discount to ensure it is given only to the great employees of IHG.
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We chose this location as we are familiar with Grapevine versus staying in the Bedford DFW location. We were able to quickly get to many Grapevine area restaurants and attractions from this location and were able to easily access the roads to take us to the Galleria Mall in Dallas as well as to a wedding in Colleyville. I was a little reserved with it being so close to the airport and potential related noise but my reservations were unfounded.

Our room was clean and comfortable and a great selection if you are just needing a place to crash for the night and get a little food in the tummy before you head out the next day. My only gripe was the linens look to be in need of replacement. The staff was friendly and I always enjoy an easy check in and out process.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to offer a clean, comfortable hotel with great dining and attractions in the area. We are even more delighted to let you know that the linen and pillows in the entire hotel have been replaced with new top of the line sheets, pillowcases, and pillows. Please come enjoy them on your next visit to Grapevine!
Ben Wheeler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend to shop at the Grapevine Mills Mall, and visit historic downtown. AWESOME location, complimentary shuttle, staff was friendly, hotel was clean. Breakfast was busy, but the girl handled it with ease. Thanks for playing a large part in a fun weekend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you on your next visit.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Conveniently located to DFW and plenty of restaurants in the area. Hotel is clean. Parking is free and Breakfast is ok.I don't believe I would stay here if not for it being my company's designated hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Lisa J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is good to know that you found our hotel to be clean and the breakfast served sufficed your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your additional valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, thank you and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a good hotel location for anybody needing to use Dallas-Fort Worth airport or who is in that area.

It's important to note there is construction going on in this area and will be for the foreseeable future. This means that although this hotel is only 10 min. away under the usual circumstances the drive could be noticeably longer. In addition, if you're driving yourself your GPS may not provide an accurate route due to the changing traffic patterns and routing as a result the construction. The construction seems to affect travel worst between 730 and 9:30 AM and 430 to 6:30 PM. You should consider all this when planning your travel to and from the airport and allow extra time. This hotel is located behind a Hilton and is not easy street see from the street. Good landmarks are the Hilton and the adjacent Olive Garden restaurant.

This hotel provides a shuttle service and that's one of the reasons I selected it. You have to call for the shuttle and it usually takes about 15 min. to arrive-unless there are traffic delays as above. If the shuttle takes longer it is most likely due to the traffic and not to the shuttle driver please bear that in mind.

The rooms are standard for this class of hotel. The bed was slightly on the soft side for me but I slept well. There were two choices of pillows firm or soft -which usually means thick or flat. I usually use soft and these were a little too flat and little bit lumpy but they were adequate. The room, hallways and bathrooms were clean and adequately furnished.

Internet was easy to use and worked well.

There is a small gym it has a small assortment of aerobic machines ( treadmill, stepper, bicycle) and a set of hand weights that goes up to 50 pounds also small weight bench. There's a TV in the room. It looks like they provide towels but they were all used by the time I got there so you may want to bring a towel from your room.

Within easy walking distance, in fact essentially in the same parking lot, there are at least four restaurants and there is a Schlotzsky's Deli across the road.

The breakfast was typical for a Holiday Inn express included bacon, pre-cooked scrambled eggs, cinnamon buns, and the usual cereals, pastries, packaged oatmeal. I did not see any pancakes or waffles. There seems to be coffee available throughout the day at a small coffee station. The staff placed cookies and other snacks next to the reception desk in the evening.

The staff is pleasant and accommodating and provide the impression that they genuinely care about your satisfaction.

Recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express-Grapevine. We are glad that we are your choice for hotels in the area. We would like for you to know that we replaced the linen and the fitness equipment with top of the line products. Please visit us on your next trip to Grapevine!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine? Share your experiences!