“Good Weekend in Grapevine!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Allen Park, Michigan, United States
“Good Weekend in Grapevine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

0Well our experience didn't start off too well and that's was purely on a customer service level. I arrived before the rest of my group, (they were at the airport waiting on the shuttle, and had asked to check in early to get the ball rolling, but she had informed me she couldn't check me in until I had my employee card (it's a white piece of paper that isn't needed for anything right away -- I know this because I work the front desk at an IHG property) And that was fine, whatever, I let it go but it was just the way she went about everything. I'd hope for the sake of the other guests she only treated me that way BECAUSE I was an employee. Well when my friends had arrived and we were checking in an African American lady (I know so bad I don't remember names!!) took over checking us in THANK GOD! She was soo nice and personable! I was very pleased!! So I thank you!

The rooms were very nice! Clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have is that it didn't have any type of mini fridge or microwave, would have been fine without the microwave but they should really think about getting the mini fridge! It was possibly just our rooms tho.

BIG PLUS --free shuttle to and from airport and surrounding areas 24/7 that was a huge help! We had 3 wonderful drivers during my stay (1 Hispanic gentleman and 2 African American ladies) and those three people were the most polite in the WHOLE HOTEL!

Breakfast was good, standard HIE free fresh start.

JOEs Crabshack and Olive Garden in walking distance.

Grapevine is a very nice area! Great to enjoy downtown at the little shops or even the huge mall 5 minutes away.

THey have a pool but were weren't able to enjoy it while there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your weekend in Grapevine and our property. Our staff takes pride in exceptional customer service. I apologize if it was inconvenient to wait to check in. We have a high demand for employee rate discounts and we have to follow the rules of the program to give the discount to ensure it is given only to the great employees of IHG.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We chose this location as we are familiar with Grapevine versus staying in the Bedford DFW location. We were able to quickly get to many Grapevine area restaurants and attractions from this location and were able to easily access the roads to take us to the Galleria Mall in Dallas as well as to a wedding in Colleyville. I was a little reserved with it being so close to the airport and potential related noise but my reservations were unfounded.

Our room was clean and comfortable and a great selection if you are just needing a place to crash for the night and get a little food in the tummy before you head out the next day. My only gripe was the linens look to be in need of replacement. The staff was friendly and I always enjoy an easy check in and out process.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to offer a clean, comfortable hotel with great dining and attractions in the area. We are even more delighted to let you know that the linen and pillows in the entire hotel have been replaced with new top of the line sheets, pillowcases, and pillows. Please come enjoy them on your next visit to Grapevine!
Ben Wheeler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend to shop at the Grapevine Mills Mall, and visit historic downtown. AWESOME location, complimentary shuttle, staff was friendly, hotel was clean. Breakfast was busy, but the girl handled it with ease. Thanks for playing a large part in a fun weekend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you on your next visit.
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Conveniently located to DFW and plenty of restaurants in the area. Hotel is clean. Parking is free and Breakfast is ok.I don't believe I would stay here if not for it being my company's designated hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Lisa J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is good to know that you found our hotel to be clean and the breakfast served sufficed your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your additional valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, thank you and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a good hotel location for anybody needing to use Dallas-Fort Worth airport or who is in that area.

It's important to note there is construction going on in this area and will be for the foreseeable future. This means that although this hotel is only 10 min. away under the usual circumstances the drive could be noticeably longer. In addition, if you're driving yourself your GPS may not provide an accurate route due to the changing traffic patterns and routing as a result the construction. The construction seems to affect travel worst between 730 and 9:30 AM and 430 to 6:30 PM. You should consider all this when planning your travel to and from the airport and allow extra time. This hotel is located behind a Hilton and is not easy street see from the street. Good landmarks are the Hilton and the adjacent Olive Garden restaurant.

This hotel provides a shuttle service and that's one of the reasons I selected it. You have to call for the shuttle and it usually takes about 15 min. to arrive-unless there are traffic delays as above. If the shuttle takes longer it is most likely due to the traffic and not to the shuttle driver please bear that in mind.

The rooms are standard for this class of hotel. The bed was slightly on the soft side for me but I slept well. There were two choices of pillows firm or soft -which usually means thick or flat. I usually use soft and these were a little too flat and little bit lumpy but they were adequate. The room, hallways and bathrooms were clean and adequately furnished.

Internet was easy to use and worked well.

There is a small gym it has a small assortment of aerobic machines ( treadmill, stepper, bicycle) and a set of hand weights that goes up to 50 pounds also small weight bench. There's a TV in the room. It looks like they provide towels but they were all used by the time I got there so you may want to bring a towel from your room.

Within easy walking distance, in fact essentially in the same parking lot, there are at least four restaurants and there is a Schlotzsky's Deli across the road.

The breakfast was typical for a Holiday Inn express included bacon, pre-cooked scrambled eggs, cinnamon buns, and the usual cereals, pastries, packaged oatmeal. I did not see any pancakes or waffles. There seems to be coffee available throughout the day at a small coffee station. The staff placed cookies and other snacks next to the reception desk in the evening.

The staff is pleasant and accommodating and provide the impression that they genuinely care about your satisfaction.

Recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express-Grapevine. We are glad that we are your choice for hotels in the area. We would like for you to know that we replaced the linen and the fitness equipment with top of the line products. Please visit us on your next trip to Grapevine!
Nemo, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I made a reservation then had to cancel 6 weeks before my stay. My credit card was still charged the full amount. They said since I made an advance reservation it couldn't be changed or cancelled. If your travel plans change DO NOT STAY HERE. I will not recommend this place to anyone at my company.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Doug K,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Grapevine, TX.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My daughter and I had an early flight and so we booked a stay fly room here. It was fantastic... Room was large and quiet. plus being able to park the car for a week was way less expensive than leaving it at the airport...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Susan W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites DFW - Grapevine, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We are excited to here that you enjoyed your stay and our sleep, park, and fly services. We value your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Grapevine!