“Grapevine Municipal Golf Course - Indoor Fun.” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Golf Courses
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This 18-hole public course has a championship layout of 6,953 yards at par 72.
Texas
“Grapevine Municipal Golf Course - Indoor Fun.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This course is within Grapevine Mills Mall.
Its unique being indoor with neon glow lighting.
Good for youngsters bored with shopping.

Visited August 2013

Grapevine, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Foursome Outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Now that a few years have passed since the upgrade to the course and the addition of another back 9 the course has matured in to a challenging event. Great staff in the club house. The price to play a round is reasonable. A fun time by all. Have played this course ~11 times.

Visited May 2013
grapevine , Texas, United States
“Perfect Shape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This course is better than most Country clubs right now, the greens roll so true and the fairways have perfect lies. This course is a great value

Visited June 2013
Ohio, USA
109 attraction reviews
“Nice track, friendly staff but clunker rental clubs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I played the Grapevine Municipal Golf Course on a Saturday afternoon in early January. I had the afternoon free before the start of a professional society conference, so decided to take advantage of the nice weather (such a nice change from the wintery weather in Cleveland!). I was staying at the Gaylord Texan, which was only a few miles away and was able to take advantage of the hotel transportation service for a ride to and from the golf course ($12 each way; not too bad and certainly much better than having to pay for a rental car and parking at the Texan).

Anyway, back to golf. I had called the course before arriving in Grapevine, so I knew that play was on a first come, first served basis. But I also knew that there were three “nines” at Grapevine, so there should not be too much a wait. Due to a flight delay, I did not get to the golf course until about 2:00, so no way I was getting 18 holes in. However, since I opted to walk (I needed the exercise after sitting in that little regional jet all morning), my greens fees allowed me to play until dark.

Now I had nothing with me as I only planned to play this one round. So I had to rent clubs and buy some balls and tees. The rental clubs were lackluster and probably a bit overpriced for the quality (no-name, knockoffs for $30; they were serviceable but that’s about all. But I’m a hack and just out for fun, so no big deal). The good news is that they had cheap golf balls for a buck each; “one-owner” balls, but they were round and white…I figured I would be giving a few of them back out on the course anyway. Also, there were no rental pull carts, so I had to carry the bag, but it was a lightweight carry-bag and had nothing in it except for the cheapo clubs, so it was no burden.

Oh, did I mention that staff? Well, the guys I dealt with in the pro shop were top-shelf. Very friendly and very helpful. They set me up with all that I needed and got me out on the course in less than 10 minutes. I also met the beverage cart girl, who was also very pleasant.

As for the course, I played the Mockingbird nine. Due to the time of year, the grass was all dormant, so standing on the tee box it looked like you were looking out onto the Sahara. The tee-boxes were in good shape. There were signs at each tee box with the hole layout. Each hole had a 150-yard marker pole, so there was always a nice aiming point. The overall layout was very nice. The course was basically right out in front of you. Not a lot of elevation change (really none except coming off number one tee and the final shot into number 9 green; other than that it is a flat course, but there is a nice rolling character to the fairways.

I was shocked at the speed of the greens. Lightning fast. I never could get it figured out. But the greens rolled very nicely and you could get the read of the green. So my putts went the right direction, just 8 feet (or more!) past the hole.

I was playing as a single so it only took one hole before I caught the play in front of me. A couple holes later the twosome behind caught me, so we played in together the rest of the way. Nice guys and locals, so they knew the course. But because of the visibility of the layout, local knowledge was not really needed. The signage, 150-yard marker and other yardage markers plus just being able to see the course from tee made this a very easy course to navigate even for a first-timer.

By the time we finished 9 holes, opted to stop. I had time to play a few more, but the sun was at angle that made it tough to see the ball, both in the air and on the ground against the dormant Bermuda grass. But it was a nice time on the golf course.

Overall I found the course to be very nice and fun; very playable. The staff was friendly and helpful; no issues there at all. The rental clubs were poor, but so is my game; a perfect match. I would definitely play at the Grapevine Municipal Golf Course in the future.

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Great 9 hole golf.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Grapevine is my course of choice for 9 hole golf. The 3 courses are all well maintained with good geography. Nothing too challenging but a nice outing. I have found it is normally fairly easy to get on, even without a tee time.

Visited October 2012