“Not worth it!” 2 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #16 of 27 Activities in Grapevine
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: Inside the LEGOLAND(R) Discovery Center Dallas Fort Worth, you'll enjoy a chariot laser ride on Kingdom Quest, construct intricate buildings and vehicles, see the DFW area in astonishing miniature detail in LEGO(R) MINILAND(R), experience an extra dimension of entertainment in our LEGO Studios 4D cinema and, most of all, discover the power of your own imagination! Whatever the occasion, from children's birthday party to educational activities to rainy day fun with the family, you'll spend hours together at our kids' attractions enjoying and exploring inside the largest indoor LEGO playground!
La Porte, Texas
“Not worth it!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stood In line 2 hours! Too crowded. Had 2 lines- those that bought tickets or with annual (vips) passes and walk-ups. They were letting VIPs in 6 families to1 walk-up. BE SURE to buy your tickets online before you get there and print them out or be prepared to wait!

Visited July 2011

Central Mississippi
5 attraction reviews
“My child is heartbroken”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband & I, with our son, drove almost an hour to Legoland, only to be told that children were not allowed in last night. I asked to speak to a manger, since the employee was vague on the why & I heard HIM say over the radio that he was too busy for the employee to just get rid of us. Then I went to the retail store & asked for a manager & when he (Paul, operations manager) came out, it was with a smart alec mouth & attitude. We were told 3 different ages you had to be to go on the tour last night & never the same one twice. Paul also said I should have looked at the website....I had!! I looked again when I got back to the hotel & had to click through 8 different links to find the adult only event listed & then the age on there was different than any of the others I had been told!! Overall a shoddy operation & I am left with a heartbroken child!!! This was the one thing he was looking forward to, more than Six Flags, Cowboy stadium or anything else. Thanks for nothing!!!

Visited June 2011
Garland, Texas
“Website does not work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We tried to book our tickets online through the Legoland Discovery Center Website. Several times the site did not work so we were not able to visit the attraction for our preferred day. However, the next day we decided to try the website again and it did not work, again. So, we went straight to Legoland and were able to get in at the gate. Our son had surgery that weekend and we wanted to take him for a day of fun as a treat for being such a big boy. We got in at the gate quickly and had a minimal wait, but it was a Sunday and there was almost no line.

After the initial headache about obtaining tickets we did enjoy our day. However, for those with young children "who can not stand" they have minimal things to do & see and this should be a point brought out to guests at the ticket desk. We were not allowed on the only two rides because they do not allow "lap sitters". My son was able to enjoy the mini land, toddler play area (which is small), and the 4D movie. One child freaked out and started screaming "GET ME OUT OF HERE" during the professor's presentation at the beginning of the attraction. There were a lot of kids and parents running around and I felt it was too crowded, even on a Sunday when I've noticed business is slower. The 4D movie was the best part of the attraction. They provide small glasses which were perfect for my little boy. He was on the edge of his seat the whole time. Wind blows, water trickles down & mists, and sound booms from every corner.

There was only one dressed up character which was available for pictures. They have a concession with nachos, sandwiches, muffins, and other normal eats. Although we did enjoy the day, I felt it was too expensive for the minimal attractions. We were ready to go ten minutes after the movie was over. It wasn't a waste of a day but I would have been upset if we had driven 3 hours for a disappointment. This is an honest review.

Visited June 2011
Cairns, Australia
31 attraction reviews
“Great for young kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

It's a great place for young kids. Our kids certainly had a good time. I thought the admission cost was a bit pricey. The place was quite noisy with so many other children running around having a good time.

Visited April 2011
LEGOLAND Discov... C, Marketing Coordinator at Legoland Discovery Center, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
We are glad to hear you and your family had a good time! Thank you for posting and being our very first review :)

We love receiving feedback, as we're always working to become the number one attraction in DFW. Different things such as volume have been adjusted accordingly since we opened to ensure everyone has an enjoyable visit. We understand that music combined with children can make it a bit loud at times :)
SEA LIFE Aquarium, our sister attraction, is also now open- which is located directly across from LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
SEA LIFE has a soothing and calm atmosphere with over 5,000 mesmerizing creatures to explore. If you haven't had the chance to visit yet we hope to see you soon! Check out our combination tickets- you can save up to $9 per ticket while getting to visit two amazing attractions in Grapevine.