“A relaxing ride” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 23 Attractions in Grapevine
Type: Scenic Railroads
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Grapevine Vintage Railroad travels along the historic Cotton Belt Route between Grapevine and the Fort Worth Stockyards. The Railroad is serviced by two vintage locomotives which include "Puffy" the 1896 Steam locomotive and oldest continously operating steam engine in the South, and a 1953 GP-7 diesel locomotive. Passengers enjoy riding in authentic 1920s and 1930s Victorian - style coaches as they take a step back in time and experience train travel as it was in the glory days of the expanding West. Pull into the Fort Worth Stockyards Station and you'll be right in the middle of the Stockyards National Historic District where the Old West comes alive. Have fun at this outstanding retail and entertainment district.
San Antonio, Texs
“A relaxing ride”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We rode the train from Grapevine, Texas to Ft. worth Stockyards. We thought the kids would enjoy it more, it they got a little bored. We had to wait on the tracks for other trains both going Nd returning. On the return trip we sat for about 20 minutes. There was a screaming toddler in our car which was unnerving. We didn't get much time at the stockyards, because we had to wait so long for other trains. I think my daughter and I enjoyed it more than the kids did. We had just enough time at the stockyards to get a quick sandwich and buy some candy in the Candy Shop.
One of my best memories was of a lady who works at the train station in Grapevine. I walked in to pick up my tickets that I ordered on line and this nice lady greeted me and offered to get my tickets for me. She then explained how everything worked and told us where to wait for the train. She was on the train later greeting everyone! So nice to meet such a friendly lady!

Visited July 2014

Dallas, Texas, USA
15 attraction reviews
“Good Expereince”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The train ride is more of the event then the actual trip to Fort Worth. The only thing is check the train schedule we were on the Scream Train for Halloween and did not know it. Good ride. Good experience I can say I did it. The museum attached is a good stop

Visited October 2013
Minneapolis
3 attraction reviews
“Nice train ride, be prepared for a long day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We enjoyed the train ride, complete with train robbery. This train does have to wait at crossings for freight and Amtrack trains though. This can cause a seriously long wait. Thankfully, there are snacks and restrooms available on the train. By the time we reached Ft Worth we had to see it very quickly as the return train would be leaving in less then an hour.

Visited July 2014
Longview, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“Not measure up to other vintage railroads in Central/East Texas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

While this place may be worth visiting if that's the only vintage railroad you can get to, but after experiencing several of them in Central/East Texas I should say that this one will give you quite a limited experience for quite a price. In my opinion Jefferson, TX railroad experience is both superior in quality and price (but is certainly less conveniently located).

Visited December 2013
Lubbock, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Great Family Outing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have done the Thomas the Train rides for the past three years and it is always a great experience for the kids. My son loves it even though he is getting at the age where he is starting to outgrow Thomas. We have also done the Polar Express train ride and getting to visit with Santa and Mrs Claus is always the highlight of the trip. The entire boarding area is decorated for the holidays and really helps to put guests in the holiday spirit. We have also done the round trip to the Fort Worth Stockyards and we have also done the Trinity River Run through Fort Worth. My son really enjoys the train rides every time we ride. My only complaint is the parking. When major events are going on there is not enough parking. We try to do a train ride atleast once a year.

Visited April 2014
GrapevineCVBRep, Public Relations Manager at Grapevine Vintage Railroad, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate it very much.
We are glad to hear your family enjoys Day Out With Thomas, North Pole Express and the regularly scheduled Grapevine Vintage Railroad excursions.
We appreciate your feedback regarding parking. This year, we have added additional parking areas and complimentary shuttle to and from these lots for events such as Day Out With Thomas and North Pole Express. We will continue to work to enhance our riders experience all the way around.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to Grapevine soon!

Been to Grapevine Vintage Railroad? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Grapevine Vintage Railroad, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.