“great hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
pembroke pines, United States
“great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

received great service from the staff, really helpful and went out of their way to organise a local van drop for me way from their norma airport drop off. Th hotel has a number of restaurant in the local area and a cinema a short walk away. I will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel, and the experience could not have been more perfect! Located near restaurants, activities, the airport and convenient to several major highways to get around, this hotel was clean and beautifully-appointed. The staff was incredibly-friendly, eager to serve and made our stay flawless. We really enjoyed the breakfast and felt we received a great deal for the cost. The indoor pool was heated and a real treat, as the weather turned south and it rained most of the first evening we were there. You'll love this hotel, and I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Was wanting a place that was an easy drive to Arlington but wouldn't break the bank and found this one on TripAdvisor and it was perfect! Reasonably priced and was in immaculate condition. Easy drive to Dallas or Arlington (or Fort Worth) and would stay here again. Had sleep number bedding which was a plus (++).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding at Delaney Vineyards, and enjoyed the convenience of using the shuttle to and from the wedding site and Grapevine. The staff here was great and accommodating but we did not try the food or pool or bar on site. I did enjoy all the food nearby, even though many are chains (they are good chains).

• Stayed May 2014
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was a quick, one night stay for me during a short business trip to Grapevine. To me, Hilton Garden Inns are very consistent on virtually all levels.

Check in

Quick and expedient. My reception wasn't the friendliest check in experience every, but I had no expectations of a red carpet and trumpets upon arrival. The woman checking me in put very little effort into small talk. It was simply all business. Not great. Not bad. Just whatever.

Room

Like most of my Garden Inn experiences, the room is clean and comfortable. I unfortunately had to work quite a bit from the hotel room and the Internet in room 203 isn't that spectacular. I can't say that it was oversaturation on the hotel's wifi or a smaller congested Internet pipe to the building. Latency was all over the board. 40-50 ms to the web sites I checked to 400+ ms. Quality of service was all over the board. Disappointing since I had to work for several hours in the room.

TV is standard TV service. I can't recall the provider, but there was a decent selection of channels. The TV does have HDMI inputs that I later took advantage of on my own movie. (Iron Man 3 sucked compared to the previous Iron Man films, btw. :)

There is only a stand up shower in the bathroom; a large, spacious stand up, mind you. A bathtub would have been preferred, however.

There are no glasses in the rooms. Only paper cups. I fully understand the logistics and cost behind glass cups vs paper cups, but drinking a whiskey and coke out of a paper cup felt rather cheap.

The AC is solid and kept the room nice and crispy all night. Also, there was very little extraneous noise from the AC. Kudos.

The doors and walls are a bit thin for my taste. I'm a light sleeper and could hear folks in the hallway and other rooms.

There's a quality breakfast offering available, but I didn't take the time during the morning of check out to partake.

Not a bad stay at all. Should I find myself in Grapevine again, I'll consider this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms 201-210 are furthest from the elevator. Quite a walk to the elevator and vending area, but it...
Texas, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The facility is apparently fairly new and décor is modern, bright and pleasant. Check-in was smooth, efficient and according to reservation requests. Location is just minutes from DFW but is a bit tricky to navigate. If you are not driving, I would suggest taking the hotel shuttle which was VERY dependable and the drivers VERY knowledgeable....especially with regard to restaurants, directions, etc.
Rooms are spacious. We were told the beds would adjust to firmness preference but neither bed in our room would adjust.
Fitness room was clean and satisfactorily equipped....pool looked nice.
On the downside, the $15 + dollars for a taste of some server attitude, a glass of wine and a vodka cocktail seemed a bit steep... that along with the $9.95 for my breakfast of cereal, fruit and yogurt will likely encourage me next time to check out the Holiday Inn Express right next door!!?? A previous stay at the nearby Embassy Suites also provided the above mentioned items as complimentary amenities at the same room rate but was not available.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Monica T, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and kind words regarding our property. We are fortunate to be located near DFW Airport and many dining options along with having onsite dining. I sincerely apologize for any disappointment you experienced during your stay, as this is not our standard of service. I hope we get the opportunity to host your stay the next time you are in the area.
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Everything was great! They booked my room at same rate as Expedia since they never received Expedias confirmation. Awesome hotel, room, bistro, everything! Staff was excellent! The room was awesome!!!

Room Tip: we got 2nd floor. View was of the roof. No big deal for us, but some might like a better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine? Share your experiences!