“Great hotel for wedding guests!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get a $50 Visa Gift Card
Ranked #4 of 18 hotels in Grapevine
Plano, Texas
“Great hotel for wedding guests!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I selected this hotel to block some rooms for our out-of-town guests for our recent wedding in Grapevine. I initially picked it because of its proximity to our wedding venue and the Main Street attractions. The sales team was most helpful and accommodating through all my planning. I dropped off welcome bags for the guests the week before and the hotel staff put them in all their rooms. I stayed at the hotel myself for one night and had a very pleasant experience. The hotel is newly renovated and the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. I received several compliments on the hotel from the wedding guests as well. Did not hear one negative thing or complaint about anything- everyone had a good experience. I highly recommend this hotel due to its location, shuttle service (they are very willing to accommodate which was so helpful with airport pickups, etc.), excellent value and very professional and outgoing staff. Can't say enough good things about our experience with this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'd like to compliment the entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn DFW North / Grapevine TX located at 205 W. State HWY 114, Grapevine TX 76051 for the excellent service they provided me the past 3 days during my most “impressive” hotel experience I have ever experienced. This entire team not only did their job because of the Hilton Brand’s high standards of expectations, they did it because they are a compassionate team who care about people and you can see it in their face. They are all leaders and complete professionals and deserve some sort of recognition.

Room Tip: Choose the Hilton brand because they stand behind their commitments to ensure you have the most amaz...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is probably one of the best
HGI's in the entire Hilton network. Everyone-the shuttle drivers, wait staff, bartender, front desk staff, house keeping, go above the call of duty to make sure your stay is as pleasant as possible. I stayed here for 16 nights last year and 4 nights this year and both visits were perfect. The facilities are like brand new, the rooms are very cleans and modern, and the restaurant selection is actually tolerable. This is also the closest hotel to CAE. If you are as picky as I am, you won't be disappointed with this property.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a great hotel with a very friendly and helpful staff, which always makes traveling a little easier. It's located among many nice restaurants, just get ready to drive the one-way, parallel service roads around the area - get your GPS ready. The rooms were very nice and I didn't have any problems during my several day stay. The in-house restaurant served a great breakfast, I didn't try any other meal there. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Everything about the hotel itself is great. I'll talk about the roads nearby later, but the hotel gets a solid 5 stars. They aren't responsible for the highways. We stayed in a single king room, not a suite. The hotel, the furniture, and the décor also look new. The room was stylish and clean. The lobby, lounge areas, rooms and even landscaping were classy and beautiful. The red knockout roses around the outdoor tables and umbrellas were very attractive. These and a few other types of flowers were blooming even in mid-November. The high temperature was about 70 degrees. This is Texas, and usually we get mild fall days, with a few exceptions. All of the staff that we encountered were attentive and helpful. The king sleigh bed was comfortable and cozy. It had a feature for changing the firmness of the bed. This isn't quite a sleep number bed, because it has fewer settings, but it was a very nice added feature. The lamps were modern and attractive, and several had extra electric outlets at the base. The radio accepts MP3 players. The room has free Wi-Fi. Also, the room desk has a wired internet connection if someone does not have Wi-Fi devices. Hilton Garden Inn offers a printing service. You can print securely from your room and pick up the prints in the business center. I'll get to the business center in a moment.
There is a microwave in each room and a small refrigerator, as you would expect. An iron and hair dryer are also provided. In our room there was a large shower, but no tub. I saw photos of other rooms with a tub, so ask for that when booking if that's what you want. Also, although we didn't have this in our room, the suites have a whirlpool bath. My wonderful new wife and I may try a suite next time, now that we know. The whole area seems quite safe and secure. Every outside door that we saw had a flawlessly working locked door that opened every time we used our key card and locked behind us immediately when it closed. The parking lot and sidewalks were well lit. There is a 35 foot long indoor pool, restaurant with breakfast for $9.00, and modern workout area with machines. Meeting rooms from small to fairly large are available. The professional photos at Trip Advisor show all of this as it really is. The business center is very well equipped, with a fast laser jet HP printer and two desktop computers. Scissors, Whiteout, 3 hole punch, stapler, extra box of staples, staple puller, etc. etc. etc. are all available. The location of the hotel is near, but not too near the north end of DFW airport. We were not bothered by noise, even though there were planes constantly taking off and landing. The hotel is not directly below any of the many runways. The hotel has two shuttle buses available. In general, I got the impression that everyone involved with this hotel, from landscapers to top management, knows what they are doing and is putting what they know into practice! This hotel deserves its Trip Advisor ranking as best hotel in Grapevine, and probably some of the nearby areas as well. I recommend it highly.
Now, what about the highways? Even though I live in Dallas, not far away, with a lot of traffic on the highways, I still found the highways near the hotel very annoying. When we arrived, we were driving north on Hwy 360. The map made it appear to be a snap to exit after intersecting Hwy 114, and it could have been. But we didn't see the hotel sign until we passed the correct exit, Main St. No problem we thought. we'll just make a U-Turn at the next exit. Ha Ha Ha. That next exit would be the north entrance to DFW airport. After our additional 5 or 6 mile side trip, we made it back to the Hotel. Compounding the problem is the newness of many of the streets. The intersection of Main St. and Hwy 114 has a temporary small orange sign saying "Main St.", but there is no permanent "Main St." sign on the stoplight arm, at least as of mid-November. Several other intersections didn't even have the temporary orange street signs. Street number signs are mostly up, but street name signs are often not installed yet. This was a problem because Google maps often lists street names rather than numbers.
The hotel is great and you will enjoy it. CAREFULLY get directions all the way to the hotel before you arrive. Enjoy your stay, and if you have some free time, drive north on Main St. to the very nearby Historic Grapevine Main Street area. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Get a large suite for a few extra dollars, which includes a whirlpool bath. Triple AAA membership w...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridgeport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am a construction management professional for a top 20 international firm based in London and have a very keen eye for imperfections and anomolies in structures/facilities.....I did not see one fingerprint out of place. This place was as clean as it could possibly be and the staff was fantastic. Outstanding place to stay. Perfect location to see DFW.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

College Station, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My family was in Grapevine for a wedding and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the amenities fit our needs: all for an affordable price. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine? Share your experiences!