“good times...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“good times...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Met with old highschool friends and the rooms were great. Everything about the weekend was great from the food to the pool. The shuttle around and to The shops and restaurants in Grapevine was great... Great location for a golf outing or just for hanging around the pool with friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonDFW, General Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear OkieJohn111,

So glad to hear that we were able to help make your weekend reunion memorable. It’s terrific to know that the amenities we offer at the Hilton DFW Lakes were the right fit for your group. Thanks for giving us such great feedback to share with our staff! We hope to see you again on your next Grapevine getaway.

Steve Haley, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hotel was very nice, comfortable beds, beautiful outdoor pool and grounds with walking trails. Just a block from Grapevine Mall which includes Legoland and a nice aquarium for our 7-year-old grandson. Only negatives were no bellman or even any luggage carts available when we arrived after midnight. Never received the turn-down service when we asked. They did finally show up to do it after we were back in the room and it would have been an inconvenience. Overall very nice hotel and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear milestonecruise,

We appreciate the time you took to comment on your recent family trip. Being so close to the wonderful attractions at Grapevine Mills Mall is a great advantage for the guests of our hotel, and we are thrilled to hear that you found our entire property so inviting. We look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stay at a lot of Hiltons and the DFW Lakes is in the top half. Room was clean, bed was good, desk area was ample, the A/C was good and quiet, and the remote control on the TV worked well. These are things that drive me nuts if they're not right. The shower was nice, as it was a walk in.

I was there for a business meeting and one of the things that stood out was the food. It's pretty much a cut above the standard at most hotels. All in all, a solid place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear rzrnaz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your solid 4+ Experience!

We work hard to ensure that the details you describe are attended to in all areas of the hotel. We are especially proud of our Housekeeping and Culinary teams; thank you for noticing their fine efforts! We look forward to the next opportunity of having you with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I come up to this hotel about 4-5 times a year and we still love it!! The doorman are very helpful and kind! We love the lounge. The SHOWER is the greatest. Has great water pressure! Thanks for a nice w/e!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel is perfect for a layover between flights or even longer. The airport shuttle came quickly to get us. My family loved the pool area by the lake; there were also jogging trails and Grapevine Mills Mall is walkable. In the restaurants the food was great and not too expensive. The staff were friendly. Wish I'd stayed longer really.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HiltonDFW, General Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear ChrisPilot,

Thank you for your review. Let us know when you can come back and stay longer! Sounds like you need to spend enough time to also enjoy some tennis and a horseback ride on our Austin Ranch trails, too! We’ll be ready with another set of Chef’s creations and our southern hospitality. Looking forward to helping you make the most of your next visit.

Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at this property because of a work conference. When I checked in, I was not told about the Diamond amenities in the hotel (concierge room with complimentary breakfast), nor was my Hilton profile reviewed to note that I wanted a low floor room. I asked for the first floor and was given a room there. When I walked into the room, I saw a bug the size of an Apricot (fresh, not dried) walking on the floor. I'm from the northeast, so to me, it looked like a roach on steroids. I left the room immediately and was assigned another room. The front desk employee was very nice and gave me another first floor room and even sent me a bottle of wine the next day and offered to credit me 15,000 Hilton Honors points for the incident. The next morning in the new room, I found a roach in my bath tub, and was so disgusted, I turned on the shower to wash him down the drain. I was on edge looking for bugs the entire time. The next night, I walked into my room and another huge bug (same kind from the first night) was running across my bathroom floor. I went to the front desk and asked the girl to call someone to kill it. She asked me to describe the bug and when I did, she said, oh you're fine, they're just water bugs, not humongous roaches like I had originally thought. She said, we get them all the time here (hoping she meant in Texas and not at the hotel). The man from engineering came to kill the bug and said they were water bugs and they come up through the drain and said they weren't a problem at the hotel. I described my first incident to him a few nights before and he was shocked. He killed the bug and left. I was packing my things a few minutes later and heard something and turned around and ANOTHER huge water bug was crawling on the curtains of the room! This was no more than 5 minutes after the engineering/maintenance man left. I called the front desk back and they sent him to kill this one and at that point, I was so disgusted, I wanted to leave the hotel. They moved my room at 1:00am to now my third room in the hotel, hoping that this one would lack the infestation that they claimed not to have. After having it explained to me that they just come up through the drains, I was awake the entire night thinking about it. My stay at this hotel was absolutely the worst I have ever experienced at any hotel in my life, much less any Hilton. I am a Diamond member and travel every week for work and for pleasure on my own. I cannot say that I would ever recommend this hotel to anyone, even after the management called to apologize to give me 35,000 Hilton Honors points for my troubles. It would cost me at least three times that to stay at the hotel in points and I lost that in sleep and pure fright thinking about bugs crawling on me during my sleep. The staff insisted they don't have an infestation problem, however, they are sorely mistaken. I read some of the other reviews about this hotel and they are right - internet service is poor and the quality of the rooms is too (stains on the ceiling, outdated carpets, tubs that look old, etc). The only redeeming quality was the staff member the first night and what he did to make up for my first poor experience. Unfortunately, not much could be done after that to correct things when it kept happening.

Room Tip: Maybe if you go above the first floor, the bugs will be too lazy to crawl that far up the drain.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HiltonDFW, General Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear vbmegs,

We are sensitive to your concerns and doing everything possible to ensure that there will not be a recurring problem with the issues you encountered. Our Property Operations Director has reviewed the record of your stay, and we thank you for reaching out to the staff while you were here.

queens,new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very nice hotel. We arrived pretty early and we still able to check in and have access to our room which was great since most hotels make you wait until the actual check in time. Our room was very spacious, clean, and well stocked. Bathroom was clean as well and stocked with the usual things you need. The outside pool was medium sized so don't expect anything grand. It was clean and had enough lounge chairs. There was a little bar area but it was closed, it would have been nice if they had that open to get drinks since it's hot out. The pool area also had a small jazzuzi which was nice. The indoor pool is larger. Fitness area was large and had good equipment. If you need towels for the pool you have to sign for them at the store located on top of the indoor pool. We had breakfast at the grapevine(I think that was the name) and it was delicious, service was excellent and everyone was very friendly. We also had drinks at Bonnie and Clydes but did not try the food, the menu looked pretty good though. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the mall which is definitely and must see, great shopping and they have the aquarium and lego land for kids. The hotel also offers a 4$ shuttle to the Gaylord resort, my boyfriend and I went over there one night and it is absolutely gorgeous. That hotel has so much to do so if you have extra time it's definitely worth the short trip over there. All in all we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonDFW, General Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear ashlee123,

So glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of early check in and enjoy so many areas of the hotel. Can’t wait to share with our Food & Beverage team how much you enjoyed the menu options and service in both Vineyard and Bonnie & Clyde’s! We look forward to the next opportunity of having you with us.

Steve Haley, CHA

Been to Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center? Share your experiences!