You added Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lathrop, California
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

Stayed here for a week long conferance of about 300 people. Everything was very nice...great pillows too!!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

We stayed here in mid-December after attending a company holiday party at the nearby (and I believe co-owned) Austin Ranch. You can't really beat the convenience of the Hilton DFW Lakes hotel. Literally on the property of the Grapevine Mills mall, and just minutes north of Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, it's central to a lot of activities in Dallas, Arlington, Fort Worth, Plano and Denton, as well as close to Grapevine's historic downtown.

So, why only the "Okay, but some problems?" First, we normally don't stay at Hilton, but we do frequently stay at Hampton Inn, which is part of the Hilton family. The Hampton experience is far superior than with its flagship brand. While every employee we encountered on our stay was pleasant and friendly, the hotel just seemed a little lacking. The bed in our room wasn't particularly comfortable, the shower in our accessible room (we had to be moved to an accessible room when our first room had a problem with the door) didn't close, so water sprayed all over the bathroom. The room just felt unclean -- not like dirty, like the Hilton didn't clean, because obvious signs were everywhere of proper cleaning -- but worn, and used. I didn't want to walk on the tile or the carpet in the room in my bare feet. The hotel just doesn't look like it has been updated since the early 1990s, and with newer properties on the same street and throughout the area, Hilton needs to get on the ball. This should be physically a much nicer hotel than it is.

Would I stay there again? Probably not until it's upgraded. There are other hotels just as convenient to Austin Ranch and Grapevine Mills. Without looking at the Trip Advisor reviews (and my own experience), I wouldn't recommend a specific hotel, but there are several in the area in similar price ranges. If and when Hilton upgrades the hotel, I would happily recommend it. The employees are some of the best and friendliest I've ever met and the location is hard to beat.

• Liked — Location, location and location. Plus the staff. Did I mention location? :)
  • Disliked — The lack of updating, not living up to what I expect a Hilton should be.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

Nice Hilton Hotel- nice fitness center free to diamond HH members, rooms on the HH floor are nice, rooms on regular floors are ok, WIFI is spotty, HH lounge is nice with a friendly staff. Overall a nice hotel, not worth 300 a night.

Stayed October 2007
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for 1 week in october, with my wife and 12 yr old son.
Overall we thought the hotel was good, it was in a convenient location near shops and restaurants.
We thought the room and the bathroom were a bit small.
The window in the room was also very small which resulted in the room being very gloomy in daylight hours.
The indoor pool was very nice.
Can't comment on the bar or restaurant as we didn't use them.
We would recommend this hotel.
Take note...
if you book with expedia, their site says the rooms have complimentary wifi, THEY DON'T, this led to a debate with the reception staff who in the end said they would waive the charge. Of course when we checked out the charge was on my bill..so more arguing..I await my visa bill !
One other tip. If you want good bbq food, we found by accident the hotel is on top of a place called Hard 8 Bbq pit. It's in a place called coppell about a 5 min drive from hotel. You wont be dissapointed.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no free wifi in rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for a trade show. It is very close to DFW, but the rooms are well-insulated, I did not hear planes taking off, I only saw them. The room was decently furnished and the leather recliner was a nice treat. The bathroom was on the small side though (I think the property was built during the era of small hotel rooms).

I ate at the restaurant/bar, Bonnie and Clyde's. Eventhough you pay hotel prices for food, the servings are generous and the food was good. A friend of mine ordered room service during the stay and was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was.

Although I did not use it, the pool area looked nice. I did not like the location on the property. It is set up in a glass atrium that faces the main restaurant and on the way to the convention center, so you can see people swimming on your way to breakfast.

There are a zillion conference and meeting rooms. They seem to be set up like a maze.

The property also has a nice walking track through the greenbelt area in back.

• Stayed September 2007
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

Had mother/daughter outing at this facility. We got the family package--which included four movie tickets, cooked to order breakfast tickets, and a coupon book. I had used this package previously with my husband and two sons. On both times, I enjoyed it. Decor is moderate, rooms both times were clean, staff friendly, etc. Great location for Grapevine Mills Mall access. Loved that the pool was located in the lower-lower level--don't have to go through main lobby to get to it. Would most definitely recommend checking out their packages---great deals.

• Liked — the package options
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

I have stayed at many Hilton hotels for business and personal. I would say what sets this one apart is the location. My stay was for business, but you could easily stay here for a vacation. The hotel is across the street from the Grapvine Mills shopping complex, plenty of restaurants and other activities. The hotel has an excellent workout room and tennis courts. I only ate breakfast at the hotel once and it was delicious. They do have a breakfast buffet but I usually don't do buffets, so I can't rate the buffet. I will say the room was somewhat fashionable with a wall painted in chocolate for contrast to the other neutral colors in the room. My bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was roomy enough with good water pressure. The leather recliner is a nice touch that you do not see very often in rooms. I will say that a fridge would have been a nice addition, but even without the fridge the room was nice. With the proximity to the airport, this is a perfect place for an overnight stay for a connection. I did not hear any airplanes over the 3 dys of my stay. Also they have a free airport shuttle.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — No fridge in room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center? Share your experiences!