“Unique place for Dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 210 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Seafood
Grapevine, Texas
“Unique place for Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Loved the Atmosphere and the food was fantastic. Great place to have a drink and to hang out with the friends.

Visited November 2013

Bedford, Texas
“Fish Taco, Burrito or Soup?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We live close by and have been to this place once before. We had fried shrimp that time, so not too much to mess up. This time we tried other things. First let me say, we were greeted and seated and all ok there, our waiter was friendly and pleasant.

After we ordered from the menus that were on the table in a basket along with the condiments we noticed people constantly walking past us, stopping and looking up. It was at that point we realised there were a huge amount of fresh fish specials on a chalkboard behind us. Thanks to BOTH the hostess, and the waiter we were unaware, neither one of them pointed it out, neither asked if we had been before and etc. I would have loved to have had local redfish with crawfish sauce, or a crab stuffed flounder, instead, from the menu on the table I ordered fish tacos, and my husband ordered the burger which our waiter confirmed could be prepared medium.

My tacos were tilapia which I ordered grilled and blackened, served with cabbage slaw, the only problem was they were rolled up tightly like a burrito, and although the flavor was ok, they were full of water, and every bite just made more pour out of the bottom, sealed end. My husband joked that the fish really must have just been pulled out of the water based on the amount of water that was dripping out all over me, the table and my fries. There was enough to make a small bowl of soup! Pretty embarrassing to try and eat with any decency.

I've had some really good fish tacos in my time here in TX, including at chain restaurants, I would have thought that an actual FISH restaurant could have done even better but no, this place should take them off the menu, they were an embarrassment. As for the burger, it was grey, clearly a frozen patty and very bland. Again, if a restaurant can't be bothered to make a fresh patty that can be cooked with some pink left in it, or if they don't get many burgers ordered, take it off the menu.

We won't be going back again, apart from the great company, it was a very disappointing lunch, it could have been so much better, twice they had a chance to be a hero with the daily specials board, and twice they failed. If we want fish for lunch near Grapevine next time, we will head for Pappadeauxs , heck even BJs near Hurst mall rocks out a fantastic fish taco, and a really damn good burger too.

Visited May 2014
Dallas, Texas
“KA - BLAMMY!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

I want more in and around my mouth!

My lady and I are down here in Grapevine for a working vacation when we stumbled upon this GEM! While the service was average the food was awesome! The atmosphere is perfect for a laid back friday night drink and eat.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Massillon, Ohio, United States
“Best value for seafood in the DFW area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

If you want some big, sweet, fresh crab legs, this is the place to go. Also a good place for crawfish and oysters. Everything is good. The prices are phenomenal, especially the seafood platters for two or three. You may need to come early if you want to get a table for a large group, as there is often a wait, especially on the weekends. We actually went twice in one weekend because we liked it that much.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great local fish spot ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I'm no fish expert but dang this place is GOOD !!! Best part of my meal is the jalapeño chowder. I ordered the blackened catfish with seasoned veggies and new potatoes and it was good.

Food - 4.5
Service - 3.5 (needs to be more attentive)
Atmosphere - 4
Overall - 4.5

Keep rocking the seafood guys.