“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

10736 Country Road 102, Grandview, TX 76050   |
Sun City, AZ
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Had a wonderful time in the "old western town," just like being in a Western movie. The room was lovely and enjoyed my stay; it was VERY relaxing. Will be coming back next time I'm in the area. In the past I've been there for some of the Civil War reenactments, three different times, and hace stayed in the 'old town,' what wonderful fun. A treat everyone should be able to enjoy; spending a weekend watching a Civil War reenactment.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

Four of my close friends took me to Beaumont Ranch for my bachelor party. The best man had told me we were going to Vegas, so needless to say the ultimate destination was quite a surprise.

For some background, we're all a bunch of northerners and none of us have ever been anywhere near a ranch before. Upon rolling up, we got nervous as the lodging area is fashioned after an old Wild West townfront. Once we settled in, the rest of the 2 day trip was fantastic. One caveat: we were at the ranch on a very slow weekend. There was a couple celebrating a wedding anniversary, but no actual weddings (supposedly there are multiple weddings every weekend, but we happened to find an open one). We were given plenty of attention throughout (though never pestered), but I can't say for sure if that's the norm. Many employees are family of the owner, and we loved everyone we met. They showed great hospitality and treated us almost like family ourselves.

The ranch provided a perfect place for our group to get away from it all. My friends knew me well, and I'm not up to surviving a weekend in Vegas. Instead, we shared memories while sitting under the stars in an amazing setting.

We took part in a few ACTIVITIES and all were excellent:
-Skeet shooting. Beaumont is apparently home to some professional shooters training for the Olympics. We shot from ~10 different stations, sometimes using 2 launchers at a time.
-Cattle driving. We rode horses for a long time, which included driving a big herd of Texas Longhorns from one place to another. We were able to ride freely instead of directly behind the guide. We all had a blast.
-Roping. The least fun of the activities, learned how to rope a calf, though we only did it on a dummy and not the real thing.
-Spa. Didn't go near it... just thought I'd mention this since many negative reviews seem to be about it.

The FOOD was excellent. We were cooked a private dinner by the lake, including one of the best steaks and apple cobbler in my life. Breakfast and lunch were also great.

LODGING was the only disappointment. The cabins were air conditioned and quaint, and did their jobs. Except for the showers -- they are a very weird setup. My room barely had water pressure (there was a jacuzzi tub in it that I couldn't get to fill since it would have taken an hour). Another room had plenty of pressure, but couldn't avoid shooting water throughout the bathroom.

For anyone looking for something "different" to do for a bachelor party, I highly recommend Beaumont. Of course, since it's such a random idea, I doubt anyone is checking here for that. :)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I had a day booked at the spa & was treated like trash by the spa manager Sissy Baker in short I left with a terrible haircut & wet tonails that had unclipped cuticles. Because of this even thought the message was wonderful I still had very tight shoulders. Lucky I paid on my VISA because when I was given a person to contact with my complaint, Linda Beaumont, only VISA could make it right.
DON'T BOOK HERE UNLESS YOU'RE A BIG COMPANY!! The food was good.
Beaumont Ranch only cares about big events not YOU

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

I agree with those who say do not go. The ranch is an event center; not a bed and breakfast.

Our disappointments: There was not a remote in the room for the televsion. There was dust handing from a ceiling fan. You had to wipe the bottom of your feet off if you walked across the bathroom floor without shoes. The staff woke us up the first night we were there when they meet outside of our door as they were checking out for the night. Our romantic dinner was not hot when it was delivered the first night. The second night our dinner appeared with out the bottle of wine we had ordered and the person who delivered it said he was the only person on duty and he did not have a key to where the wine was stored.

Each time we mentioned a problem to the staff they told us to write it up on the evaluation form because the owner would not listen to them about problems. Every staff person we talked to said they were having some problems they were trying to work out.

My wife and I felt as if we were after thoughts. The staff was always talking about the big groups that had been there.

We attempted to call the emergency contact number from our room phone but we could not get the call to go through.

We had been to the ranch for the ranch's weekly fish fry and had been looking forward to an anniversary weekend but it turned in to a terrible experince.

• Liked — The Spa
  • Disliked — Almost everything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

I had called the ranch, spoke to a nice young man and booked two rooms for my family for a night in October. I asked if the Friday fish fry would be held, if we could walk on the properties for bird watching, if we could book for the spa later (after I had consulted my mother-in-law who is coming from the east coast). Yes, yes, yes; and I guaranteed my reservation with a credit card. Later I get a call from someone else saying we had been double booked, there was a wedding, and IF the bride released some rooms, they'd be able to fit us in somewhere, likely not the two adjacent rooms that share a porch that we had been promised. No apologies ("It wasn't my fault, I didn't made your reservation."), no attempt to reassure us ("We'll see what the bride says"), no offer of a discount or special service to make up for their error, just "Would you like to cancel?". Yeesh! Who wants a vacation there?

Stayed September 2008
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

Our company spent the day out at Beaumont Ranch and had a very comfortable, enjoyable retreat at the Ranch. The food was delicious and the extracurricular activities were fun for all ages of our group.
Hats off to Beaumont's Event Coordinator! She was fantastic with the planning and preparation of our day trip. I was impressed with how attentive and cooporative she was with our group as the day moved along.
Thanks Beaumont Ranch for a fun trip!

Stayed November 2007
cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2008

Had a great stay, was on the ranch when civil war enactment took place which was wonderful, great facilities and very friendly staff. Fish Fry was great, really good country band on, and food delicious.
Cafe was warm and friendly good selection to choose from, staff attentive.
We will be visiting Beaumont Ranch again.

Stayed March 2008

Been to Beaumont Ranch? Share your experiences!