“ATV Trail Ride” 4 of 5 stars

10736 Country Road 102, Grandview, TX 76050   |
Waco, Texas
“ATV Trail Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We went to the ranch specifically for the ATV trail ride. We arrived early and asked about rates for the rooms. One of the staff members walked with us over to the rooms and gave us a tour. The property was clean and well manicured. The room we saw was beautiful and had an excellent view of the property from the deck. The ATV trail begins at the barn so we were able to see another family preparing for the horse trail ride. (We saw them when they arrived back as well and they said they had a good time. Great for the kids.).
Devin was our fearless leader for the ATV ride. I had never even been on a 4 wheeler before so I was very nervous. I can't even begin to express how patient and understanding Devin was. He walked me through every step, encouraging me the entire trip. He was friendly, engaging, and informative (as well as funny). There were a few places that were a little (ok a lot) tricky for me, but Devin got off his ATV and walked me through each step so that I felt comfortable. If you are an experienced rider there are several technical areas where you could have a lot of fun. If you are a novice like me, you can go slow (I finally made it to 4th gear at the end!), but if you are advanced- the route has several places for you to go faster or climb higher and show off your skills!
It was a great experience and we would recommend the adventure to our friends. A great big thanks again to Devin for being so patient and encouraging!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

From the moment we turned into the drive we loved the place! Incredible views and a warm welcome from the staff. The accommodation was beautiful and the cowboy package was fantastic! We also went to the Friday night fish fry which was great fun. Would absolutely recommend to anyone for a real Texas experience, would love to get back there one day!

Room Tip: We stayed in the guest house which was fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Euless, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

First off, let me say that the people we came in contact with were ALL friendly and professional. We had a groupon for two one-hour trail rides and two dinners in the Branding Room Cafe (no buffet on Saturday night). Thoroughly enjoyed the trail ride, although it started about an hour late. It did last a whole hour. Dinner was where things didn't go so well. We were told we could have anything on the menu except steak (which was considerably more expensive, which was fine). So we ordered catfish -- only to be told that since they had their fish fry the night before, they were out of catfish. So we ordered other meals, which were to include a salad bar. On the salad bar were a bowl of lettuce, a bowl with about 2 tbsp of grated cheese in it, a bowl with about 1 tbsp of ranch dressing in it and a bowl of macaroni salad. The problem was that none of this stuff was being kept on ice. I ate a couple of bites, but everything was warm, so not too appetizing. Good sized servings of our dinner entrees -- food just not hot enough to suit us. Still, enjoyed the experience. Just wish we'd gone on Friday instead of Saturday so we could have had the fish fry, which we've had before.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My friend and I really enjoyed that ranch experience and wished we could stay longer.

The whole ranch is huge, there are horses, a swimming pool, a nice pond, the view is great and we enjoyed the activities such as Cowboy experience and ATV. The little cowboy village is cute, it is a great ranch experience and above our expectations.
Our room was well furnished and clean, beds really comfortable.
Breakfast & Dinner both good, I have read some comments about the fat food, well then I suggest you travel outside the US or you do some sport to balance.

Because of some bad comments I have to say I hesitated before booking here and it was one of the best place we stayed at during our 2 weeks trip. I am surprised because usually I consider tripadvisor as a good website, my opinion is that all bad comments do not correspond to our experience at all, or maybe it's because other people travel in Palace usually... Also bad comments are from 2006 so maybe things changed since.

So ok, the only thing I could say is that the internet was not so good but it is not the point to come to a ranch if it's what you're looking for. And it's true after 6 pm reception is closed but then you feel like you're alone in the whole ranch and it's what we liked, real cosiness.

If you're looking for nature, calm and ranch activities I really recommend it.

Room Tip: We had the Viewer room, it was a real nice one with an ancient bath, a very large bedroom and a priv...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Ranch is an easy drive from the Dallas area. Signs are well place directing you to the Ranch and when you arrive to the check-in area.

The grounds are well kept and the area is very scenic.

In talking to some of the folks there, several had come for the day for some of the activities and were not staying over night.

We were originally in the Kennedy room (see pictures). The A/C was not working and Tracie (manager) quickly came to our room to help and when she could not quickly fix it, she immediately moved us to a suite. I was impressed with her service attitude!

The Kennedy is a quaint room with a 4 post bed. The room does not have any windows so it is probably great for those that want a good night's sleep without the sun waking you up in the morning.
The suite was a two bedroom/two bath set up. Very nice. It looks like it could sleep 8 with two beds and two sofa beds.

Interesting was there are no closets. There are hooks in the bathrooms. Probably not a big deal as most folks probably only stay one or two nights.

When we checked in I asked about making spa appointments and was informed those have to be made at least 24 hours ahead. That was disappointing as we came to relax and a nice massage would have been nice.

Then I asked about signing up for the ATV tour of the ranch. Again, was informed I needed to have made the reservations at least 24 hours head.

I did not bring my fishing gear since the web site said they had rods and reels. Well, again, no fishing gear. However, again Tracie stepped up and offered her son's fishing gear to us. I appreciate her trying to take care of us.

Fortunately, I did make prior reservations for the horseback riding. The horses were in good shape and all handled well. There are two guides that go with the group. One in the front and one bringing up the rear. The ride is an hour trail ride that takes you through the grazing long horn cattle and some of the ranch land. While the ride was fun, it would have been nice for the guides to tell a little about the ranch, the livestock and perhaps activities available. While they did keep an eye on everyone, they were both on their cell phones talking or texting most of the time. Both were very helpful in getting the folks on and off the horses and were very courteous.
After the horseback ride, we thought it would be fun to rent a golf cart an tour the property on our own. When we checked in we were told the carts were $10/hour.

When we went to rent one, the 5 working carts had been rented out at $35/day and there were not any available since one had a flat tire and the other would not turn on. We opted to just drive our car through the property. This was fine, but the cart would have been fun,

There was a wedding in the late afternoon and the Grandview High School prom was held there that night.

The dinner choices were a BBQ buffet or you could order off the menu. We were told by a staff member that the BBQ buffet was much better than anything on the menu. So, we went with the BBQ.

The wedding party also was going through the BBQ buffet, but the line moved pretty well. There was BBQ brisket, sausage and chicken. I like BBQ, but the brisket had a lot of fat, the sausage was ok and the chicken was good. I was surprised there was no desert available. With BBQ, there should be some peach cobble and ice cream!!

In fairness, we did not go to the ranch for the food.

Since we were by ourselves, there really was nothing to do after dinner, so we drove to Burleson and saw a movie and got some fast food since we were still hungry.

The next morning we went to breakfast around 8:30am and everyone else had already gone, so we had the entire breakfast barn to ourselves.

The breakfast is a buffet of scrambled eggs, links, sausage, bacon, potatoes and biscuits. No complaints about the breakfast, it hit the spot.

Overall, this is a nice place for a short get-a-way. Be sure to plan your activities in advance and remember this is not a gourmet place to eat.

Room Tip: The Kennedy room does not have any windows, so you can get a good night's sleep without any ligh...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I are from NYC. We wanted to experience the ranch/cowboy lifestyle for one day. We fell in love with the ranch! It's so vast, beautiful, clean, and cutely decorated. The staff are extremely nice. We stayed one night in mid March (one week before Spring break) so we had the entire place to ourselves! They upgraded us from the Pullman to the Kennedy Room without us asking at no extra charge, simply because they're so nice. The room was beautifully decorated, extremely clean and oh so comfortable! We did two activities: ATV riding and Cowboy Experience. Devon, the guy who led the ATV ride, was so friendly and a great teacher. Spencer, the cowboy, was such a real cowboy! He was so informative about the animals, cattle and horses on the ranch. He really enhanced the experience. We rode up close among the long horn cows and with other horses grazing. We highly recommend staying at this ranch. It was an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

First, the fine print said nothing about having to be 9 years old to ride so we had to start off with that fight at the very beginning. Then, though I had the name if the lady who took our reservations we weren't on their books. We got there an hour early. We were given nothing when we checked in. Went to barns. The ride ahead of us left 20 minutes late. Wrangler flirted with the cute young things and older folks and men just kind of did their own thing. They came back late. Flirting continued and we left on our ride 25 min late but came back at straight up 5. Our 1 hr ride was a 35 minute boring circle that took us to the left of a bunch if trees, up a small berm and right back to the barn. Snooze! Not a thing if interest. Then we were sent to event center. No instructions. Just go. No one there to help. Finally snagged a waitress eh said to just sit anywhere. When someone else came back 15 minutes later he asked for our dinner tickets. ??? We weren't given tickets. He wanted me to walk back to the entrance to get them. Not going to happen. Finally he said whatever. Buffet fair. Catfish ok. Sides pretty boring. No desserts. No explaination of how it all worked. Just GO THERE. GO THERE. GO THERE. What a waste if money. We won't go back.

• Stayed October 2013
Linda B, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
This caught me by surprise. I have to apologize. This is not characteristic of a stay at the ranch. This type of behavior by a staff member is not tolerated. We did have issues with a couple of the cowboys. They were only with the ranch a short time. We were simply not a good fit. Until a customer lets us know, we have no way to address this type of problem. The majority of the ranch staff has been with more than five years. We are a family venue and child friendly.
This sounds like you are a Groupon customer. All of our literature states our policy about age. I am sorry that age was not clarified on the Groupon listing. It should have been. We have had some difficulty with the listings on Groupon slipping through without our approval. Again I wish this had not happened to you. I would be happy to send you gift certificates for another ride and/or meal. Just contact me through email Linda@beaumontranch.com with instructions and I will mail you coupons.
I do not know what happened at the Friday Night meal. This is a very popular event for families. Right now it is are closed for renovations and to retrain the staff. It sounds like staffing was the problem. We use young people for wait staff and sometimes training is slow Again, Please give us another chance on me. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The Fish Fry reopens in April. We would love to see you then. Again I can not apologize enough for the experience. We are worth the drive. Our business is built on our repeat customers.

Travelers are raving about these Grandview hotels

Been to Beaumont Ranch? Share your experiences!