“So so” 3 of 5 stars

10736 Country Road 102, Grandview, TX 76050   |
Euless, Texas
“So so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

First off, let me say that the people we came in contact with were ALL friendly and professional. We had a groupon for two one-hour trail rides and two dinners in the Branding Room Cafe (no buffet on Saturday night). Thoroughly enjoyed the trail ride, although it started about an hour late. It did last a whole hour. Dinner was where things didn't go so well. We were told we could have anything on the menu except steak (which was considerably more expensive, which was fine). So we ordered catfish -- only to be told that since they had their fish fry the night before, they were out of catfish. So we ordered other meals, which were to include a salad bar. On the salad bar were a bowl of lettuce, a bowl with about 2 tbsp of grated cheese in it, a bowl with about 1 tbsp of ranch dressing in it and a bowl of macaroni salad. The problem was that none of this stuff was being kept on ice. I ate a couple of bites, but everything was warm, so not too appetizing. Good sized servings of our dinner entrees -- food just not hot enough to suit us. Still, enjoyed the experience. Just wish we'd gone on Friday instead of Saturday so we could have had the fish fry, which we've had before.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

My friend and I really enjoyed that ranch experience and wished we could stay longer.

The whole ranch is huge, there are horses, a swimming pool, a nice pond, the view is great and we enjoyed the activities such as Cowboy experience and ATV. The little cowboy village is cute, it is a great ranch experience and above our expectations.
Our room was well furnished and clean, beds really comfortable.
Breakfast & Dinner both good, I have read some comments about the fat food, well then I suggest you travel outside the US or you do some sport to balance.

Because of some bad comments I have to say I hesitated before booking here and it was one of the best place we stayed at during our 2 weeks trip. I am surprised because usually I consider tripadvisor as a good website, my opinion is that all bad comments do not correspond to our experience at all, or maybe it's because other people travel in Palace usually... Also bad comments are from 2006 so maybe things changed since.

So ok, the only thing I could say is that the internet was not so good but it is not the point to come to a ranch if it's what you're looking for. And it's true after 6 pm reception is closed but then you feel like you're alone in the whole ranch and it's what we liked, real cosiness.

If you're looking for nature, calm and ranch activities I really recommend it.

Room Tip: We had the Viewer room, it was a real nice one with an ancient bath, a very large bedroom and a priv...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Ranch is an easy drive from the Dallas area. Signs are well place directing you to the Ranch and when you arrive to the check-in area.

The grounds are well kept and the area is very scenic.

In talking to some of the folks there, several had come for the day for some of the activities and were not staying over night.

We were originally in the Kennedy room (see pictures). The A/C was not working and Tracie (manager) quickly came to our room to help and when she could not quickly fix it, she immediately moved us to a suite. I was impressed with her service attitude!

The Kennedy is a quaint room with a 4 post bed. The room does not have any windows so it is probably great for those that want a good night's sleep without the sun waking you up in the morning.
The suite was a two bedroom/two bath set up. Very nice. It looks like it could sleep 8 with two beds and two sofa beds.

Interesting was there are no closets. There are hooks in the bathrooms. Probably not a big deal as most folks probably only stay one or two nights.

When we checked in I asked about making spa appointments and was informed those have to be made at least 24 hours ahead. That was disappointing as we came to relax and a nice massage would have been nice.

Then I asked about signing up for the ATV tour of the ranch. Again, was informed I needed to have made the reservations at least 24 hours head.

I did not bring my fishing gear since the web site said they had rods and reels. Well, again, no fishing gear. However, again Tracie stepped up and offered her son's fishing gear to us. I appreciate her trying to take care of us.

Fortunately, I did make prior reservations for the horseback riding. The horses were in good shape and all handled well. There are two guides that go with the group. One in the front and one bringing up the rear. The ride is an hour trail ride that takes you through the grazing long horn cattle and some of the ranch land. While the ride was fun, it would have been nice for the guides to tell a little about the ranch, the livestock and perhaps activities available. While they did keep an eye on everyone, they were both on their cell phones talking or texting most of the time. Both were very helpful in getting the folks on and off the horses and were very courteous.
After the horseback ride, we thought it would be fun to rent a golf cart an tour the property on our own. When we checked in we were told the carts were $10/hour.

When we went to rent one, the 5 working carts had been rented out at $35/day and there were not any available since one had a flat tire and the other would not turn on. We opted to just drive our car through the property. This was fine, but the cart would have been fun,

There was a wedding in the late afternoon and the Grandview High School prom was held there that night.

The dinner choices were a BBQ buffet or you could order off the menu. We were told by a staff member that the BBQ buffet was much better than anything on the menu. So, we went with the BBQ.

The wedding party also was going through the BBQ buffet, but the line moved pretty well. There was BBQ brisket, sausage and chicken. I like BBQ, but the brisket had a lot of fat, the sausage was ok and the chicken was good. I was surprised there was no desert available. With BBQ, there should be some peach cobble and ice cream!!

In fairness, we did not go to the ranch for the food.

Since we were by ourselves, there really was nothing to do after dinner, so we drove to Burleson and saw a movie and got some fast food since we were still hungry.

The next morning we went to breakfast around 8:30am and everyone else had already gone, so we had the entire breakfast barn to ourselves.

The breakfast is a buffet of scrambled eggs, links, sausage, bacon, potatoes and biscuits. No complaints about the breakfast, it hit the spot.

Overall, this is a nice place for a short get-a-way. Be sure to plan your activities in advance and remember this is not a gourmet place to eat.

Room Tip: The Kennedy room does not have any windows, so you can get a good night's sleep without any ligh...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I are from NYC. We wanted to experience the ranch/cowboy lifestyle for one day. We fell in love with the ranch! It's so vast, beautiful, clean, and cutely decorated. The staff are extremely nice. We stayed one night in mid March (one week before Spring break) so we had the entire place to ourselves! They upgraded us from the Pullman to the Kennedy Room without us asking at no extra charge, simply because they're so nice. The room was beautifully decorated, extremely clean and oh so comfortable! We did two activities: ATV riding and Cowboy Experience. Devon, the guy who led the ATV ride, was so friendly and a great teacher. Spencer, the cowboy, was such a real cowboy! He was so informative about the animals, cattle and horses on the ranch. He really enhanced the experience. We rode up close among the long horn cows and with other horses grazing. We highly recommend staying at this ranch. It was an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

First, the fine print said nothing about having to be 9 years old to ride so we had to start off with that fight at the very beginning. Then, though I had the name if the lady who took our reservations we weren't on their books. We got there an hour early. We were given nothing when we checked in. Went to barns. The ride ahead of us left 20 minutes late. Wrangler flirted with the cute young things and older folks and men just kind of did their own thing. They came back late. Flirting continued and we left on our ride 25 min late but came back at straight up 5. Our 1 hr ride was a 35 minute boring circle that took us to the left of a bunch if trees, up a small berm and right back to the barn. Snooze! Not a thing if interest. Then we were sent to event center. No instructions. Just go. No one there to help. Finally snagged a waitress eh said to just sit anywhere. When someone else came back 15 minutes later he asked for our dinner tickets. ??? We weren't given tickets. He wanted me to walk back to the entrance to get them. Not going to happen. Finally he said whatever. Buffet fair. Catfish ok. Sides pretty boring. No desserts. No explaination of how it all worked. Just GO THERE. GO THERE. GO THERE. What a waste if money. We won't go back.

• Stayed October 2013
Linda B, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
This caught me by surprise. I have to apologize. This is not characteristic of a stay at the ranch. This type of behavior by a staff member is not tolerated. We did have issues with a couple of the cowboys. They were only with the ranch a short time. We were simply not a good fit. Until a customer lets us know, we have no way to address this type of problem. The majority of the ranch staff has been with more than five years. We are a family venue and child friendly.
This sounds like you are a Groupon customer. All of our literature states our policy about age. I am sorry that age was not clarified on the Groupon listing. It should have been. We have had some difficulty with the listings on Groupon slipping through without our approval. Again I wish this had not happened to you. I would be happy to send you gift certificates for another ride and/or meal. Just contact me through email Linda@beaumontranch.com with instructions and I will mail you coupons.
I do not know what happened at the Friday Night meal. This is a very popular event for families. Right now it is are closed for renovations and to retrain the staff. It sounds like staffing was the problem. We use young people for wait staff and sometimes training is slow Again, Please give us another chance on me. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The Fish Fry reopens in April. We would love to see you then. Again I can not apologize enough for the experience. We are worth the drive. Our business is built on our repeat customers.
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Upon arriving at Beaumont Ranch it appeared to be a nicely laid out Texas-style ranch that would be fun to explore. Well, I was wrong.

We stayed in their one bedroom cabin. It had rained quite a bit a few days before our arrival so we had to be very careful where we stepped when we got out of our car. Needless to say, our shoes got VERY muddy. We walked into the cabin to be greeted by a strong smell of lavender, as in your Grandma's house probably never smelled that strong of lavender. The room was decorated very nicely, the bedding seemed to be premium, nice little accents around the room. The bathroom was very clean. However the floor was PAINFULLY cold. As in, it felt like it burned your feet (weird, I know) from the cold. When we left for the evening we noticed our cabin lacked 'skirting', the plastic stuff you put around buildings that are mobile. So, that allowed all of the bitter cold to hang out underneath the marble floor in the bathroom. The claw-style tub only had a handheld sprayer for bathing. Which made it awkward to shower 'normally'.

That evening we joined family for dinner and dancing at a barn-style venue on property. The food was decent, the Texas-style BBQ didn't offer very premium cuts of brisket (very fatty) and the sides seemed pretty basic. While everything was edible, nothing stood out. There wasn't any dessert available which seemed strange for a BBQ buffet. The band was quite entertaining and played lots of current and vintage hits along with some great Christmas music. A+ for the entertainment. The bar seemed a little lifeless. The bartender didn't seem very entusiastic to be there and the 'margarita on the rocks' was incredibly watered down.

Our nights rest? Pretty good. The bed was quite comfortable. The run to the bathroom in the morning was uncomfortably shocking, as the floor seemed to be even COLDER.

Breakfast? Well, the food was just okay. Sausage, an omelete station, biscuits and gravy and some pretty tasty breakfast potatoes. The problem? We had to ask for drinks and the coffee was not out yet (it was 830-ish AM)....they finally put out the coffee after I requested it, but no creamer or stirrers were to be found. Sugar was on our table. The HUGE problem? The air was COLD! The breakfast buffet was in the same 'barn-style' building as the entertainment the night before was.....and they didn't feel inclined to turn on the heater.....it was in the 20s outside.....you had to scarf down your breakfast to keep it from getting ICE COLD in a few minutes once you got back to your table. Unacceptable.

The REAL fun came at checkout. The final bill? North of $450 for one night. Itemized out....for 2 people.....$185/per person, $21.50/per person for the lunch buffet, a resort fee that totaled out to be $60, and tax. The buffet was not supposed to be on there, as we attended the lunch buffet on the day of arrival, not the one on the day of departure....management quickly took that charge off.....the price of $185/per person did include an activity....we were not able to partake in an activity because of our own time constraints, so I didn't take that into consideration in this review. When I asked management why the one night charge was so heavy, they told me that we were given a discounted rate and that the $60 resort fee was for tips and other stuff.....well, we weren't informed that the $60 was for tips, as we tipped the people who served us.

I have stayed at 5-Star resorts before and NEVER paid over $450/night. The price at the end of our stay was SHOCKING to say the least. Beaumont Ranch you have A LOT to improve before you can demand $450/night. Did we know it would be this expensive before our stay? No. We were expecting $185/per person per night.....after we arrived we felt like that would be a stretch, but the mistake on charging us for a buffet and the resort fee put it over the TOP. I have never been so 'put out' in my life.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Linda B, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I have spent quite a bit of time trying to understand this complaint. You say that the bed was comfortable and the room was clean and well decorated. The marble floors were cold. We don't have any one room cabins with marble floors. I have decided that you were probably in one room of a two bed/two bath cabin- probably the back side with the deck facing the cattle and the zip lines. There is a king size bed in one room and two daybeds set up as sofas in the other room. One bathroom has the handheld shower with a free standing tub. The second bathroom has only a shower. Both of these bathrooms have marble or granite floors.

None of our cabins are portable. They are all post and beam construction. They all have skirting- not plastic. It is permanent cement fiber board or 2X4's that are nailed perpendicular to the ground. None of this matters when you are talking about stone or even ceramic floors. I have a big house on a slab. The marble floors are very cold- all year- even in the summer on the hottest day. The only thing that we could do is install heating in the floor. This would not make sense in Texas where we are usually trying to stay cool. We have had an unusual cold winter. We keep a lot of rugs in every room for the guest comfort. Each room's heating system can be adjusted for the guest comfort. If you do not like stone floors, we have several rooms that have only hardwood floors. If you wanted a room with a regular shower, we have many of those. It is the freestanding tubs that are at a premium. Several of our showers are upgraded showers with special jets or rain shower heads.

Your said that the food was good, not great. You commented on the fat in the brisket. This is my fault. The kitchen was cutting off all the fat on the brisket prior to serving. The chef had been ordering a lower fat brisket. I think brisket tastes better when cooked with the fat on it. I also asked that it always be served with the fat. I think it keeps it moister and more flavorful. I learned this watching the food network. I have spent a lot of time choosing our recipes of sides. Our potato salad and our coleslaw receive raves. I have both on All Recipes and both are rated as five stars. Several of our other salads are guests favorites. The hot sides are always good. Beans, scalloped potatoes and fried okra are usually the choices. We had some complaints about our homemade barbecue sauce. We listened and started purchasing the sauce. This has fixed that problem. We try to make everyone happy and serve a variety to try appeal to many tastes.

I am sorry that the barn was cold and the service was lax for your breakfast. The waitress went in to labor that morning. She did not come in. The kitchen was not aware of her absence until you asked for coffee. The kitchen tends to concentrate on getting out the items to set up the stations. I apologize this does not make it OK. I think this is why your bill was adjusted. You should have also been given gift certificates as an apology. The room where you had breakfast has its own heating system and should have been toasty warm for breakfast. I will check with the staff to see if they can tell me why it was not. I have closed this barn to address the heating and cooling system for the large event area. We will be adding additional units and insulating the walls in the larger area. I also hope to add a fireplace and expand the bar. The barn is slated to reopen early in April, 2014.

We do not charge a resort fee. We do have a service charge. This is standard practice in the industry. The rooms are priced accordingly. We do not charge $185 a person for an overnight stay. The closest thing I could find was an overnight stay that had charged $50 per person for the room. The other $135pp was for several meals and activities. It was very cold when you were here. I think we gave gift certificates for the guests to return to do the activities at another time if they chose not to do them. Our staff hosted activities for anyone who chose to participate. I would assume that replacement activities were also offered. Ex. Archery or sporting clays for Zip Lines.

Please let the staff know during your stay if you have an issue. We will be able to react accordingly and make your stay a pleasant one. We have a variety of rooms for different tastes and needs. We try our best to put each guest in the right room. It sounds like you would have been happier in a king cabin or the Pullman, rooms with all hardwood floors. I am sorry and hope that you will use your gift certificates during warmer weather. Our Zip lines and ATV tours are very popular We have great trail rides that take the rider over hills and valleys with great views. Sporting Clays and Archery are almost addictive. There horseshoes, volleyball, disc golf and other team activities if you come with a group.
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I went out there to celebrate a birthday party with some friends. It was a lot of fun. The location is great b/c you are not far from the city, but you feel miles away out in the country. The little town where all the rooms are is adorable. There was a great big bar/restaurant. The food was good, the service was great, and everyone was VERY nice. I will definitely be going back. There's lots to do and see!

Oh, and the bed we slept in was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever been in!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beaumont Ranch? Share your experiences!