“What a disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

10736 Country Road 102, Grandview, TX 76050   |
Fort Worth, Texas
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

First, the fine print said nothing about having to be 9 years old to ride so we had to start off with that fight at the very beginning. Then, though I had the name if the lady who took our reservations we weren't on their books. We got there an hour early. We were given nothing when we checked in. Went to barns. The ride ahead of us left 20 minutes late. Wrangler flirted with the cute young things and older folks and men just kind of did their own thing. They came back late. Flirting continued and we left on our ride 25 min late but came back at straight up 5. Our 1 hr ride was a 35 minute boring circle that took us to the left of a bunch if trees, up a small berm and right back to the barn. Snooze! Not a thing if interest. Then we were sent to event center. No instructions. Just go. No one there to help. Finally snagged a waitress eh said to just sit anywhere. When someone else came back 15 minutes later he asked for our dinner tickets. ??? We weren't given tickets. He wanted me to walk back to the entrance to get them. Not going to happen. Finally he said whatever. Buffet fair. Catfish ok. Sides pretty boring. No desserts. No explaination of how it all worked. Just GO THERE. GO THERE. GO THERE. What a waste if money. We won't go back.

• Stayed October 2013
Linda B, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
This caught me by surprise. I have to apologize. This is not characteristic of a stay at the ranch. This type of behavior by a staff member is not tolerated. We did have issues with a couple of the cowboys. They were only with the ranch a short time. We were simply not a good fit. Until a customer lets us know, we have no way to address this type of problem. The majority of the ranch staff has been with more than five years. We are a family venue and child friendly.
This sounds like you are a Groupon customer. All of our literature states our policy about age. I am sorry that age was not clarified on the Groupon listing. It should have been. We have had some difficulty with the listings on Groupon slipping through without our approval. Again I wish this had not happened to you. I would be happy to send you gift certificates for another ride and/or meal. Just contact me through email Linda@beaumontranch.com with instructions and I will mail you coupons.
I do not know what happened at the Friday Night meal. This is a very popular event for families. Right now it is are closed for renovations and to retrain the staff. It sounds like staffing was the problem. We use young people for wait staff and sometimes training is slow Again, Please give us another chance on me. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The Fish Fry reopens in April. We would love to see you then. Again I can not apologize enough for the experience. We are worth the drive. Our business is built on our repeat customers.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Upon arriving at Beaumont Ranch it appeared to be a nicely laid out Texas-style ranch that would be fun to explore. Well, I was wrong.

We stayed in their one bedroom cabin. It had rained quite a bit a few days before our arrival so we had to be very careful where we stepped when we got out of our car. Needless to say, our shoes got VERY muddy. We walked into the cabin to be greeted by a strong smell of lavender, as in your Grandma's house probably never smelled that strong of lavender. The room was decorated very nicely, the bedding seemed to be premium, nice little accents around the room. The bathroom was very clean. However the floor was PAINFULLY cold. As in, it felt like it burned your feet (weird, I know) from the cold. When we left for the evening we noticed our cabin lacked 'skirting', the plastic stuff you put around buildings that are mobile. So, that allowed all of the bitter cold to hang out underneath the marble floor in the bathroom. The claw-style tub only had a handheld sprayer for bathing. Which made it awkward to shower 'normally'.

That evening we joined family for dinner and dancing at a barn-style venue on property. The food was decent, the Texas-style BBQ didn't offer very premium cuts of brisket (very fatty) and the sides seemed pretty basic. While everything was edible, nothing stood out. There wasn't any dessert available which seemed strange for a BBQ buffet. The band was quite entertaining and played lots of current and vintage hits along with some great Christmas music. A+ for the entertainment. The bar seemed a little lifeless. The bartender didn't seem very entusiastic to be there and the 'margarita on the rocks' was incredibly watered down.

Our nights rest? Pretty good. The bed was quite comfortable. The run to the bathroom in the morning was uncomfortably shocking, as the floor seemed to be even COLDER.

Breakfast? Well, the food was just okay. Sausage, an omelete station, biscuits and gravy and some pretty tasty breakfast potatoes. The problem? We had to ask for drinks and the coffee was not out yet (it was 830-ish AM)....they finally put out the coffee after I requested it, but no creamer or stirrers were to be found. Sugar was on our table. The HUGE problem? The air was COLD! The breakfast buffet was in the same 'barn-style' building as the entertainment the night before was.....and they didn't feel inclined to turn on the heater.....it was in the 20s outside.....you had to scarf down your breakfast to keep it from getting ICE COLD in a few minutes once you got back to your table. Unacceptable.

The REAL fun came at checkout. The final bill? North of $450 for one night. Itemized out....for 2 people.....$185/per person, $21.50/per person for the lunch buffet, a resort fee that totaled out to be $60, and tax. The buffet was not supposed to be on there, as we attended the lunch buffet on the day of arrival, not the one on the day of departure....management quickly took that charge off.....the price of $185/per person did include an activity....we were not able to partake in an activity because of our own time constraints, so I didn't take that into consideration in this review. When I asked management why the one night charge was so heavy, they told me that we were given a discounted rate and that the $60 resort fee was for tips and other stuff.....well, we weren't informed that the $60 was for tips, as we tipped the people who served us.

I have stayed at 5-Star resorts before and NEVER paid over $450/night. The price at the end of our stay was SHOCKING to say the least. Beaumont Ranch you have A LOT to improve before you can demand $450/night. Did we know it would be this expensive before our stay? No. We were expecting $185/per person per night.....after we arrived we felt like that would be a stretch, but the mistake on charging us for a buffet and the resort fee put it over the TOP. I have never been so 'put out' in my life.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Linda B, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I have spent quite a bit of time trying to understand this complaint. You say that the bed was comfortable and the room was clean and well decorated. The marble floors were cold. We don't have any one room cabins with marble floors. I have decided that you were probably in one room of a two bed/two bath cabin- probably the back side with the deck facing the cattle and the zip lines. There is a king size bed in one room and two daybeds set up as sofas in the other room. One bathroom has the handheld shower with a free standing tub. The second bathroom has only a shower. Both of these bathrooms have marble or granite floors.

None of our cabins are portable. They are all post and beam construction. They all have skirting- not plastic. It is permanent cement fiber board or 2X4's that are nailed perpendicular to the ground. None of this matters when you are talking about stone or even ceramic floors. I have a big house on a slab. The marble floors are very cold- all year- even in the summer on the hottest day. The only thing that we could do is install heating in the floor. This would not make sense in Texas where we are usually trying to stay cool. We have had an unusual cold winter. We keep a lot of rugs in every room for the guest comfort. Each room's heating system can be adjusted for the guest comfort. If you do not like stone floors, we have several rooms that have only hardwood floors. If you wanted a room with a regular shower, we have many of those. It is the freestanding tubs that are at a premium. Several of our showers are upgraded showers with special jets or rain shower heads.

Your said that the food was good, not great. You commented on the fat in the brisket. This is my fault. The kitchen was cutting off all the fat on the brisket prior to serving. The chef had been ordering a lower fat brisket. I think brisket tastes better when cooked with the fat on it. I also asked that it always be served with the fat. I think it keeps it moister and more flavorful. I learned this watching the food network. I have spent a lot of time choosing our recipes of sides. Our potato salad and our coleslaw receive raves. I have both on All Recipes and both are rated as five stars. Several of our other salads are guests favorites. The hot sides are always good. Beans, scalloped potatoes and fried okra are usually the choices. We had some complaints about our homemade barbecue sauce. We listened and started purchasing the sauce. This has fixed that problem. We try to make everyone happy and serve a variety to try appeal to many tastes.

I am sorry that the barn was cold and the service was lax for your breakfast. The waitress went in to labor that morning. She did not come in. The kitchen was not aware of her absence until you asked for coffee. The kitchen tends to concentrate on getting out the items to set up the stations. I apologize this does not make it OK. I think this is why your bill was adjusted. You should have also been given gift certificates as an apology. The room where you had breakfast has its own heating system and should have been toasty warm for breakfast. I will check with the staff to see if they can tell me why it was not. I have closed this barn to address the heating and cooling system for the large event area. We will be adding additional units and insulating the walls in the larger area. I also hope to add a fireplace and expand the bar. The barn is slated to reopen early in April, 2014.

We do not charge a resort fee. We do have a service charge. This is standard practice in the industry. The rooms are priced accordingly. We do not charge $185 a person for an overnight stay. The closest thing I could find was an overnight stay that had charged $50 per person for the room. The other $135pp was for several meals and activities. It was very cold when you were here. I think we gave gift certificates for the guests to return to do the activities at another time if they chose not to do them. Our staff hosted activities for anyone who chose to participate. I would assume that replacement activities were also offered. Ex. Archery or sporting clays for Zip Lines.

Please let the staff know during your stay if you have an issue. We will be able to react accordingly and make your stay a pleasant one. We have a variety of rooms for different tastes and needs. We try our best to put each guest in the right room. It sounds like you would have been happier in a king cabin or the Pullman, rooms with all hardwood floors. I am sorry and hope that you will use your gift certificates during warmer weather. Our Zip lines and ATV tours are very popular We have great trail rides that take the rider over hills and valleys with great views. Sporting Clays and Archery are almost addictive. There horseshoes, volleyball, disc golf and other team activities if you come with a group.
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I went out there to celebrate a birthday party with some friends. It was a lot of fun. The location is great b/c you are not far from the city, but you feel miles away out in the country. The little town where all the rooms are is adorable. There was a great big bar/restaurant. The food was good, the service was great, and everyone was VERY nice. I will definitely be going back. There's lots to do and see!

Oh, and the bed we slept in was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever been in!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Beaumont Ranch was great! The Staff was very friendly and helpful. They made sure we were very informed about our room, the property and events. Our room was very clean and cozy. The live band was great and I recommend this for anyone wanting a quiet, "ranch-like" weekend getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
carrollton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We spent a week at the ranch with our Leadership Team. Each day we had a different size group, and consequently different needs. We moved from large meeting rooms to small, and back again. No matter what we needed, they were accommodating. They provided A/V equipment each day, and included fruit,cookies, and trail mix along with coffee and tea for all meetings. Meals were great and the sort of variety you would expect on the Ranch. Each day several people checked in on us to make sure we were happy and everything was going well. Shelley, Francisco, and Chuck gave us "extra special" attention

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just wanted to say that everything was awesome. Great one night getaway from the city life. Purchased rose petal package and it was amazing. Great dinner buffet with ribs,brisket , and sausage. Followed by a good ole country breakfast bacon, biscuits and gravy, sausage, and homemade omelets. We stayed in the Pullman room, very neat, flat screen with direct tv to catch the game and was super quiet. Thank you Beaumont ranch we will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Traci Garrison was delightful and most welcoming. Our stay included a BBQ buffet dinner and a breakfast buffet. We had the rose petal turndown included in our package. The room was lovely and the bedpost comfortable. Lots of activities available if you chose to participate and/or pay for them.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Beaumont Ranch? Share your experiences!