“Great resort” 5 of 5 stars

10736 Country Road 102, Grandview, TX 76050   |
texas
“Great resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We just came back from a weekend stay for our daughters 13th birthday. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and very clean. The service was very good (especially Cindy at the desk and her daughter) they took real good care of us. The other staff was also very good. Horseback riding and zip lining we also very good!! Buffet dinners were good too. Would defiantly recommend this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mansfield, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I just had to write and say THANK YOU for taking such good care of my son and his new bride! I sent them to the ranch for their wedding night plus an additional night so they can do things that I know they love to do (ie: zip line, ATV). They called me both days to tell me what a wonderful time they were having and how well your staff took care of them. My son went into great detail on how good the filet mignon was and even sent pictures of their meals on both nights! They were so happy about being there and that made ME happy! You know the saying "if Momma aint happy, aint nobody happy"....well, THIS momma is really happy! THANK YOU for taking such good care of my family! They told me they plan to make this an annual event!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Keller
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I believe in being fair so I'll start with the fact that our room was cute. That's about it. My Fiance and I had spent the entire day on the motorcycle, riding around with friends, and the B&B was supposed to be our little respite at the end of a long hot day. We were both looking forward to a nice hot shower and comfortable bed. The tub in the bathroom was tiny and had a hand held shower that you couldn't hang anywhere. Honestly I prefer to stand under the water and not have to hold the shower over my head. Water got everywhere as there was only a flimsy curtain to keep it all in. Dinner was a BBQ buffet and certainly not worth the $12.95 per person they charge you for it. Food was mediocre and there was nothing for a sweet tooth afterwards. We stayed in the Jared room and our bed was rock hard. I honestly don't think I've ever slept on a harder mattress. So after a restless night sleeping we hit the breakfast buffet and it wasn't anything special either. Eggs were a little runny and there really wasn't a lot to choose from.

To add insult to injury, after we got home they called us and tried to tell me that I still owed them money for the room; we used an AP Daily Deals coupon and paid for it when we bought the coupon. We had to explain that to the front desk when we checked in and then again when they bothered me at home. I now know why there are so many Groupons and special deals out there for the Beaumont Ranch.....if left to word of mouth advertising they would be in terrible shape.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ranch_maven, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
When a review or comment starts out “I tried to be fair”, I know that something is afoot. We receive rave reviews from our customers and have an active repeat business. It does not look like it on trip advisor which floors me, but it is true. There are 70-90* employees working here that love and care this place and every person who crosses through its doors. In particular, the comment about the hard bed and the difficult night sleep does not ring true. We are constantly asked, “Where do you get your beds? This is the best night’s sleep that I have had in years. “ Locals spend the night just so that they can sleep in our beds. I frequently find myself telling the story of being a young wife living 2000 miles from my family with 3 little girls and a husband that travelled all the time. Some thirty years ago I decided that my husband needed to miss his bed when he was away. I spent hours of research and no small amount of money over the years to find the perfect combination of mattress, linens and pillows for the perfect night’s sleep. Every guest that spends the night benefits from this obsession of mine. If you need a comfortable night’s sleep, Beaumont Ranch is the place.
*This number fluctuates according to season and event schedules.

Travelers are raving about these Grandview hotels

Colleyville, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

After reading all the horrible reviews on trip advisor about the groupon experience other guests had, we were worried our get-a-way wouldn't be as we had hoped.

What a pleasant surprise! upon arrival, the signage issue had been addressed - no one should have a problem knowing where to check in...the aroma of real rose petals on the bed and floor and numerous candles were a wonderful welcome to our entrance into the Pullman Room...the chocolate covered strawberries with grapes and orange slices accompanied by a cold bottle of champagne added to to romantic atmosphere... the room decor was updated and nice and cool upon arrival, bed comfortable, shower hot with plenty of water pressure. The Old West Town with Chapel were nostalgic and charming.

The outdoor decor with seating for campfires were nice, clean, and appeared fairly new. The playground near where you eat is all new and they recently finished a new petting zoo area where the animals will be near the pond. The water is low due to lack of rain here in Texas, but still nice.

The BBQ dinner Saturday night was awful (salad bar and banana pudding was great but the potatoes, mac n cheese, and all meats were really bad) and the breakfast just ok (buffet had great fruit, a selection of cereal, eggs, bacon, sausage, and hash browns..you can order French toast, pancakes, omelets, and muffins off the menu instead with your breakfast voucher per the owners daughter..she was in there with her kids when we were).

The ATV adventure we went on with Devon was awesome! We had a blast!!! About 2 hours of adrenaline fun!

This was our 2nd time to Beaumont Ranch. We brought the kids the first time a couple years a go - overnight stay Friday night with the fish fry for dinner, skeet shooting, and the zip line for our activities - had a great time then as well as this weekend with just my husband.

Other than the food, everything was perfect! Clearly, the owners listen to feedback and address customers concerns. Give then a shot!! A great experience for couples, families, or groups!! We will be back!

• Stayed August 2013
ranch_maven, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you so much for giving us a chance. Please come don't be a stranger.

I am sorry that you did not like the meats. I work really hard on the recipes and where we buy the meat. We do use a smoker. Sometimes the buffet can be hard on the meats. I will look into what the problem was that weekend. I went through a struggle with the head chef over the scalloped potatoes. We are back to using my recipe for the potatoes, which has always been a crowd pleaser. I am looking for a new chef de cuisine to address the problem with the food. I think that the problems that I see even reading the comments on Trip Advisor are indicative of a lack of consistency. We have the equipment. We have some quality staff, I think we need a quality leader in the kitchen. I simply can no longer do this myself. It is not fair to the wonderful people that are working here to have negative reviews when they work so hard and someone else messes up and leaves a bad impression. It is my job to fix it. I hope a new leader in the kitchen will do this.
Denton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I'll start with the positives: the zip lining was really, really fun! We went with two other couples and the guides were thorough but definitely not boring. I hadn't been on a zip line since I was in my teens and let's just say that we really didn't know what we were doing back in the day. This outing was well choreographed and used top-notch safety equipment instead of what I remember as a bunch of goofballs trying to hang on to a handlebar while soaring through the forest. Anyway, it really was worth the trip just for this. One other positive was the spa where my wife had a wonderful massage the afternoon we arrived. They did a very nice job with that location.

Now the negatives: The first room we checked into smelled overpoweringly musty and the shower was so tiny as to invoke my claustrophobia with the control knob just poking through a big hole cut into the shower wall. I expected a bit more for $150 a night. We politely asked the desk about changing and they were very helpful and let us check out a couple of other rooms. We did find one that we considered adequate. It still wasn't great, really more like a storage building that had been nicely furnished inside however it did have a great front porch that was nice to have in the cool morning and a claw foot tub in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable and it was very clean. The roll-top desk had a towel on the top that we, at first, assumed had been left there by an inattentive cleaning staff. It turned out that the AC unit leaked water down on top of it and the wallpaper was peeling away from the wall below. I will add that this room was supposed to be $200 a night, but at checkout they only charged us for the original price we had booked, without even asking, so I'll say the staff get at least four stars.

We also ate two meals while there. The Saturday night BBQ buffet was reasonable with decent ribs, passable brisket and pretty good sausage but the sauce was just plain weird, almost like tomato-hickory-apple sauce. The bright spots were the giant rolls with cinnamon butter and the mac&cheese. No desserts though :(

Breakfast was another buffet with cereals, eggs, three meats, biscuits & gravy and the worst hash-browns I've ever tried. The bacon was perfection, crispy and thick and the sausage on top of the biscuits and gravy made a great hearty breakfast before our zip lining adventure.

Overall, I stand by the 3-star rating and still think it was worth the trip. However, they are building a new two-story bunkhouse building with really nice rooms on the second story so, depending on the price, we might give it another go with the zip lining and maybe a horseback ride. I'll post another review when we do.

Room Tip: Make sure and take a look at a couple of rooms before you unpack, there seems to be a wide variety o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ranch_maven, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for the 4 stars for Zip Lines. This will go to Scott’s head. He is the Brit that runs our activities: ziplines, sporting clays, archery, ATV tours, horseback riding, cattle drives, disc golf, horse shoe contests and anything else that I can’t think remember. He works with his staff really hard to make all these thinkgs responsive and fun. Each staffer takes very seriously the safety issues and the need to make this a positive experience for everyone. Scott is the driving force behind the Zip Lines and this philosophy. He has worked on the ranch for fifteen years.
I apologize about the room. The room with the musty smell and the hole in the wall- I have no idea what or which room this could be. We have two room that have had a problem with a musty. I smell have ripped them down to the rafters and can’t figure out why, but these rooms are not small. The towel on the roll top desk was left by my air conditioning repairman. We had no idea it was there until I read this review. He does this. He has been asked not to do this. He was supposed to make the repair to the AC so that it would not leak. Someone else was to go behind him and fix the wallpaper. Until this was done, the room should not have been rented. I apologize. You should not have been charged at all. I will talk to my AC again and show him this review when I do. Maybe he will listen this time. He is ruining my very nice towels. Give us a call and we will give you a free over night stay.
The barbecue sauce recipe we use is from AllRecipes, where it is rated five stars. It is Big Al's K.C. Bar-B-Q Sauce. It does not have any apple or fruit in it. We offer desserts for sale. Our wait staff seldom remembers to offer them. You should also been offered a choice of another barbecue sauce or steak sauce. Again I apologize. We are working to rectify this. We offer the free mechanical bull rides, bounce house, pull tables and live band for dancing in lieu of free dessert. All our meats are smoked in a large smoker with Texas mesquite grown on the ranch. We may try to add some pecan or peach. We try to stay for Texas inspired.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We took a group of friends zip lining and had an absolute blast! Our two zip line guides were amazing and very funny. When we left the 2 ladies said we were the most awesome group in the history of zip lining ever. We will definitely be back to zip line and hopefully find another Groupon soon! :-)

• Stayed November 2012
ranch_maven, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. We truly appreciate it.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I treated my husband to a birthday weekend at Beaumont Ranch that has the appearance of a tv western town.The staff was very accommodating. We stayed in the Pullman Room that was quaint and clean with a refrigerator, tv, 2 robes,etc,. However, we never got the tv to work.Another problem was our neighbors above us did not consider us when they came in after midnight, talking,laughing, crying, and moaning out loudly, until about 3 in the morning. We enjoyed the Friday night fish fry, mechanical bull riding, and dancing. Saturday night chuck wagon musical band, Jimmy Jones was entertaining. However,the chicken breast meal could have been better. My husband enjoyed the skeet shooting. We had planned to go zip lining but rain prevented it. Breakfast for two days was fair. The couples massage is expensive but fabulous.We enjoyed the Sunday church service. I plan to return with a group of girlfriends and hopefully have a fun trip.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet if your neighbor respect you. A bit of construction occurred , so I suspect there wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a positive review. When you come back. please mention my name, Linda B, and let them know that I want you to receive a complimentary dinner. I am in the process of hiring a new chef. I want you to have a great experience when you visit the ranch.

Been to Beaumont Ranch? Share your experiences!