“A birthday weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

You added Beaumont Ranch to your Saves list
Beaumont Ranch
10736 Country Road 102, Grandview, TX 76050   |
Dallas, Texas
“A birthday weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I treated my husband to a birthday weekend at Beaumont Ranch that has the appearance of a tv western town.The staff was very accommodating. We stayed in the Pullman Room that was quaint and clean with a refrigerator, tv, 2 robes,etc,. However, we never got the tv to work.Another problem was our neighbors above us did not consider us when they came in after midnight, talking,laughing, crying, and moaning out loudly, until about 3 in the morning. We enjoyed the Friday night fish fry, mechanical bull riding, and dancing. Saturday night chuck wagon musical band, Jimmy Jones was entertaining. However,the chicken breast meal could have been better. My husband enjoyed the skeet shooting. We had planned to go zip lining but rain prevented it. Breakfast for two days was fair. The couples massage is expensive but fabulous.We enjoyed the Sunday church service. I plan to return with a group of girlfriends and hopefully have a fun trip.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet if your neighbor respect you. A bit of construction occurred , so I suspect there wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ranch_maven, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for leaving a positive review. When you come back. please mention my name, Linda B, and let them know that I want you to receive a complimentary dinner. I am in the process of hiring a new chef. I want you to have a great experience when you visit the ranch.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hurst, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I visited Beaumont Ranch for the first time last weekend. Wow...I live in the metroplex and had no idea all the ranch had to offer. The house was beautiful everything was high end , the staff/service impecable, and the atmosphere surreal. I would recommend "The Beaumont Ranch" to anyone that wants a little piece of heaven!!! I will be back:) Thanks for accommodating my special needs, as a disable person it means everything to have the same access as an able body person.

Room Tip: grandma's house
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Better for reunions and weddings. If you are a couple with no agenda they don't really tell you what thier is to do. Needs brochures for activities. They didn't not have a phone in our room so I had to contact the front desk with cell phone. They said they would bring a phone but when they did, the jack didn't work.

• Stayed September 2012
Garland, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We bought a Groupon for an anniversary weekend at Beaumont Ranch. I had not read any reviews prior to our visit, so I was only counting on what was advertised as our Rose Petal package. We had no problems finding the location or the Bluebonnet Barn, the signage must have been updated. However, when you walk into the check-in area, you walk through a gym to get to the front desk. Seemed really strange. The reception desk has an ornate ceiling above it, very pretty, and probably quite expensive. It was completely out of place though.

They did not have any records of our reservations when we arrived. Luckily, they had an available room and accommodated us. Since they didn't know we were coming, the young receptionist had to make arrangements for our "fruit plate", wine, and turn down service. She seemed overwhelmed by dealing with us, a phone ringing, and trying to tell the maids about a room that needed something cleaned. After a good 20 minutes, we got our room key and meal tickets. We were told to arrive for dinner at 6:30. It was about 5pm and we were starving.

The website description says "Chef prepared dinner for two" which we mistakenly thought was dinner in our room, until we were told about our dinner time at the food service barn. The chef prepared dinner for two is actually a BBQ buffet for many. They served ribs, brisket, sausage, assorted veggies, etc. The sausage was good, but that's about it. The brisket tasted like it had been cooked a day or two before and reheated. It also tasted like it was cooked in an oven instead of a grill or smoker. The BBQ sauce was just weird. The smell of it was gross. It was like applesauce with a little bit of BBQ seasoning. It definitely wasn't "Texas" BBQ. Our room was clean and roomy. The water does smell foul, but I understand it's the high content of minerals in it.

There were no cups in our room except for coffee mugs, so we drank the bottle of wine we brought from home in coffee mugs. When the wine that came with our package arrived, they did have nice flutes with it. However, there were no cups to drink water when you brush your teeth! The bed and pillows were extremely soft, not my preference, but they were soft. The breakfast was another buffet, nothing to write home about. The whole place was run by 17-year-olds. The only adults we saw were the maids that didn't speak English.

The one highlight of our trip was the ziplines. We had never done them before, so I can't compare it to anything. The 16-year-old boys that were our guides were very polite and professional and they made sure we had fun and were safe.

The place seems like it would be OK for a corporate retreat or family reunion. I wouldn't expect anything outstanding about the food though. The pricing of $500 for the package we got would have been ridiculous! They are competing with 5-star hotels in Dallas/Ft. Worth who would be much more of a treat than Beaumont Ranch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Grandview hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I booked the Rose Petal Package. It was supposed to come with rose petal turn down service, a bottle of wine, and chocolate covered strawberries, dinner and breakfast for two and one nights stay. We were told to go to dinner around 6 so they could have everything waiting for us when we returned. Before getting ready for dinner upon check-in I took a bath and got cleaned up for dinner. The water smelled like eggs. I'm not sure if it's just the way the water smells or if it was the pipes but it left an eggy smell on me. I went to blow dry and flat iron my hair and the outlets didn't work. After going to dinner not looking up to par, we returned to the room around 7:45 and to our surprise, no turn down service. My husband called to ask about it and they sent someone with a fruit tray and champagne. We were very dissapointed that there were no rose petals. The closest we came to seeing any rose petals were the few leftover rose petals on the floor from the couple before us. Upon check in and when we went in the front desk to ask about paddle boats the person at the front desk watching the Olympics. We were very ddissapointed with especially since it was our one year wedding anniversary. :(

• Stayed July 2012
ranch_maven, Owner at Beaumont Ranch, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I am very sorry to learn of your unhappy experience at our resort last weekend. We value each and every customer, whether a Groupon customer or not. Our service is the same for everyone. The smell of rotten eggs in the water is the result of a very high mineral content. Waters with this high content have made resorts all over the world famous- like Hot Springs, North Carolina; Mineral Springs, New Jersey; and countless others. However, I understand your distaste. This is why we switched your room to a different well. The newer well that was originally servicing your room has a much stronger smell. I am sorry that you were not happy with the meal that was included with your stay. We are very proud to offer a selection of smoked meats including stuffed chicken breast, ribs and brisket, a selection of vegetables, a forty station salad bar and fresh rolls and butter. If there were rose petals in your room, they were not from a previous guest. It sound like there simply were not enough used to make the proper impact. This happens sometimes when we get a lot of last minute bookings. I apologize.
If you will kindly call and ask for Traci, we will send you a gift certificate for a do over.
I apologize again for your inconvenience and hope that this will clear up any misunderstanding. We value your patronage and hope that your future stays with us will be fine experiences.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Stayed in a rose petal package room. Turn down rose petal service, chilled wine, chocolate covered strawberries, chef prepared dinner and breakfast for two.

The chilled wine was a $7 bottle of off brand wine. Cheaper than the cheap bottle I brought to accompany it with. 4 strawberries on a plate with canned mandarin oranges wrapped in Saran wrap.

Dinner was a BBQ Buffett. The food had flies in the salad bar. It was so hot from the heat lamps that the plastic utensils they had as severs were on their way to melting.

Needed a lot of tlc and maintenance. Had the potential to be a nice place. Needed more included in the price activities. The paddleboating was in a algae pit that even this country girl wouldn't touch. The swimming pool was in someone's backyard.

We had a good time despite it all but would have asked for a refund if this was "full price" and not a groupon. If you had kids you'd be hard pressed to keep them entertained.
Less than 24 hours was more than enough for these newlyweds.

If your a city slicker or typically the type with high and clean expectations from your hotel don't waste your effort or $.

• Stayed June 2012
Denton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We purchased the rose petal package as a groupon and I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price for what we got.

For our visit, the "chef prepared dinner for 2" was a BBQ buffet over in the Lone Star Barn that left me sick for the entire weekend. The best thing in the buffet is their rolls...they were really good. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about...we enjoyed the biscuits but that's about it.

A lot of the reviews here talk about the lack of signage. There are now signs with arrows, showing you were to go to check in. It's the bluebonnet building or something close to that and yes you do walk through their gym. We checked in and the staff member walked us to the other side of the building to show us where the room was and most buildings had signs above the door.

In our room, Prairie Dove (I think), we had a window unit and the front of the a/c had fallen off and you could see outside in several places so I was a bit worried the air would be going outside instead of staying inside but it was just fine.

The rose petals were faux...not the real thing, which I was expecting. Not a huge deal though.

Minus the food making me sick, we really enjoyed our Saturday evening at Lone Star barn with the karaoke, dancing, free unlimited mechanical bull and a few bar games...we played shuffle board for an hour or so.

Like most things, it's what you make of it. I went into this trip with low expectations because of the reviews and just planned on going with the flow and we enjoyed ourselves. While I would not recommend the place as a whole, we plan on visiting on Saturday night for their evening activities but won't be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beaumont Ranch? Share your experiences!