“A wonderful place for children!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Wichita Falls, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“A wonderful place for children!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place did take us a while to find but was very much worth the effort! We went here for the kids and weren't expecting much but we were surprised by everything they had to offer. My 3 & 4 year old loved seeing the animals up close and even held the snakes and touched the baby gator! They had a bounce house for the kids to jump in and also sold refreshments. The bathrooms were very clean and looked newly redone. The owners were nice and genuinely enjoyed talking to the customers about the animals. I would definitely go here again.

Visited June 2013

Texas
“Close Encounters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Looking for up close encounters with critters of all sorts? This place is "off the beaten path" Texas at its best!

The place is not very big but to its advantage. Since the park is privately owned they can operate their facility as they choose which includes letting visitors pet and hold all manner of baby gators, snakes, furries, etc.

Some may find it a little rustic, but the facilities were clean and the animals well cared for. The park consists of the main building (visitor entrance, gift shop, petting area) restrooms (VERY CLEAN), a concession stand (snacks, drinks, meals), A restaurant (did not view this only open certain times), and various out door viewing and picnic areas.

Cost is $6 for adults, $5 for children. There are feeding times for the bigger gators at 11am and 3pm.

Per the owner they began their work by rescuing "nuisance" furry animals caring for them and releasing them back to the wild where they could no longer be pests. Most of their gators have the same story. Rescued rather than having to be exterminated. The owners and staff are friendly and full of information and stories.

This would be a great day trip for a family or scouting troup to be able to see and experince these amazing creatures up close!

Grapevine, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Gators you can play with”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our kids were disappointed we hadn't seen any gators on our canoe & riverboat adventures in East Texas, so we decided to check out East Texas Gators & Wildlife Park. I expected a quick stop that wouldn't offer much, but was pleasantly surprised. The kids really enjoyed being able to hold snakes & baby alligators. In fact, we spent more time inside the store than out in the park. The staff was friendly & informative about the critters. Each of our kids was excited to tell us about the snake that eats other snakes, or the one that's friendly because it gets held every day. I just hope they don't want one!
And the bathrooms are really nice too.

Tyler, Texas
“We Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was an awesome experience. My children range from 7 to 14 and we also brought my two year old grandson. One of my children is special needs so we usual understand that his experience will be limited. Not here. I think he had the most fun.

There is a professional, relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely visit again. Even without children this would be an interesting place to visit!

Dallas, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“Alligators in East Texas; Who Knew!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My brother, myself, and my niece Tatiana had a road trip to visit this place. It is a nice establishment hidden on FM 1255 off of I20. At first we didn't think we were going to find it, but as soon as we said that we found it. You walk into a gift shop/learning center, and there were all kinds of reptiles and two friendly cats greeting you. Everyone that works there is very friendly. We got to hold a snake and a baby alligator...so awesome!! You go out back and there is a large alligator pond and a large goose pond. They have some other critters for you to see as well. I really wanted the two prairie dogs they were so cute. They also have a food shack and a little restaurant open on the weekends. The restrooms were real nice and air conditioned..ahh. It is a nice little place to visit.

Visited June 2013