“Hampton-Grand Prairie” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Grand Prairie
McVeytown, United States
“Hampton-Grand Prairie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The location of this hotel was the main reason I stayed there. The complimentary breakfast was the best I have ever seen at a hotel. There were many choices. I only have two things I would change. I thought the elevator was old and dated. You had to use your room card to get in side doors, which took several tries. Very frustrating when your hands are full.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stay in a lot of Hampton Inn's and this property is in desperate need of a remodel. Older property with small rooms and it's just a bit worn out. It is pretty clean but not up to par with the rest of the chain. I would find another location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Khalid Y, Manager at Hampton Inn Dallas-Arlington-DFW-Six Flags, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments with us. We are very sorry for your experience. We are working on improving our guest rooms. Wehave been talking to different contractors and looking into different options to update our hotel. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share and we hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again .we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We always stay with Hampton Inn and this hotel is run down a bit and not as good as most of the other locations we have stayed in. Won't be staying here again. The parking area is on the sides, and I didn't feel safe going out to my car or coming in after dark with my little girl. The hotel is close to things, but is not located in a nicer area...kinda rough area!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

As many of the other reviewers have stated, this is a very basic property. There are only vending machines that dispense soda/water, but no convenience shop or vending machine for snacks. There is an IHOP within walking distance, but rather dodgy customers entering the restaurant, so not a place a single woman would go for dinner. You are out of luck if you get hungry late at night and just want a bag of chips at this place. I had an early morning flight, leaving the hotel around 3:30 AM. I was extremely uncomfortable having to walk to my car on the side of the hotel - very dimly lit and no one to hear screams if attacked. I would not recommend this hotel for a single woman traveling alone due to the lack of food items within the hotel and the parking situation. The front desk person who checked me in did not seem particularly friendly, but did tell me the basic information, including how to use the internet code. However, once I got to the room and tried the code, it did not work. When I called and got the same man who had checked me in, he told me he's check into it and call me back. He never called me back! Luckily, I found another guest in the lobby who told me the proper procedure to get online.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Khalid Y, Manager at Hampton Inn Dallas-Arlington-DFW-Six Flags, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety isour number one concern .We appreciates you bringing this matter to our attention. Your review will assist us in addressing the issues at hand and in correcting issues in the future. I’d like to assure you that we are making the necessary improvements to the parking lot and we are working hard in improving our service in order to serve guests better. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had a real good stay, the Breakfast could have been a little better but it was still good and free. the gym was real small. There were only 2 machines and I had to wait to use the equipment. Over all the stay was good. the room was comfy and relaxing. Good location not to far from the Rangers Ball Park. The breakfast was ok but it was good enough for free. The gym is real small. only 2 machines and had to wait but better than nothing. Not bad for the price.

Room Tip: Stay on fourth floor, you don't get ceiling noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stay here about once a year while making a trip out of DFW. It just always seems to be an easy place to stay the night before an early morning flight and it's usually around $90 which is pretty reasonable.

The location can't be beat for travelers - but it does feel a little "rough". This time we got there fairly late in the evening and hadn't had anything to eat so we hit the IHOP that it is in the same parking lot. There were probably a dozen or so people sitting on curbs, on car hoods, etc. and several looked "tough". Gave the wife and kids some pause - but no one caused any troubles. It was just late enough at night on a Sunday that it seemed odd to have so many people hanging out in an IHOP parking lot.

The front desk staff was great and had us checked in within 3-4 minutes and our room was clean and functional - but we only were in it about 7 hours like our normal visits.

There are numerous other properties in the vicinity. We've stayed in the one at the North side of the airport as well as properties closer to Six Flags. But this one never seems to disappoint.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stay at the Hampton for service and cleanliness in a modern atmosphere. This hampton was a little disappointing, because the name implies it is nearby Six Flags over Texas. It's further away than what I was wishing for. The hotel was cold and uninviting, and worst of all the parking lot was so dimly lit I was afraid to leave my vehicle here for fear it would be vandalized. Other than these complaints, the stay was ok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Khalid Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dallas-Arlington-DFW-Six Flags, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear David H,

Thank you so much for your review. I would like to apologize that you were disappointed in your stay. I have addressed the parking lot issues with my staff as the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority and we will work on that. I hope the next time you're in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Best Regards,

Been to Hampton Inn Dallas-Arlington-DFW-Six Flags? Share your experiences!