“limited hours for airport shuttle” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1542 North Highway 360, Grand Prairie, TX 75050 (Formerly "AmeriSuites")   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Grand Prairie
Houston, TX
“limited hours for airport shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

While this hotel is close enough to DFW to be convenient, it is definitely NOT an airport hotel that provides a convenient airport shuttle. The operating hours are from 7 am to 10 pm and they travel once an hour (on the hour). No exceptions! Unfortunately for us, our flight landed (on time) at 10:25 pm. I had prepaid for the hotel because it was a good rate but the taxi fare to take us there was $40 ($35 fare, $5 tip) so in the end it cost me more than I would have wanted to pay. We had an 8:10 am departure the next morning so debated whether to put out another $40 for the taxi back to the airport or take the chance with the 7 am airport shuttle. We took the shuttle but we were very lucky that rush hour traffic wasn't horrendous and the other passengers were amenable to letting the driver drop us off first. But if the airport shuttle is not important to you, the hotel itself is very nice, complimentary breakfast offers higher quality food like breakfast sandwiches. The room was roomy and clean but because the comforters are white, you do see where stains are so "ick". The only thing I didn't like about the layout of the room is that the sink/mirror is right in front of the beds so no one can sleep in if someone is putting on makeup, etc. But all personnel that we came into contact with were very professional and friendly....A/C ran quietly and worked well....beds were good (doubles not queens).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for the feedback. I am glad that your encounters with our staff were positive. I know how frustrating it can be when the shuttle hours do not meet your needs and I apologize for that. Although we are not an airport property, we do offer shuttle service to DFW and unfortunately, our hours are limited due to staffing. We hope to see you again when you are coming to the area.

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was greeted by the staff immediately upon entering. All were very friendly. Room was larger than I expected. Plenty of space for the 3 of us. Really liked the options on the tv. The movies were a little pricey but I really wasn't there for that option. If ya had kids I would chose to use the tv movies. It would be cheaper than the cinemas. Pillows and bed were extremely comfy.Nice breakfast in the morning. Will definitely stay there again. Very convenient to Six Flags. I didn't use room service or kids activities.....so I gave it 4 stars just to keep the scores high.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for the great review! I am glad that you were able to experience our wonderful staff! We maintain high customer service scores and are very proud of that. We are very convenient to Six Flags and even offer free shuttle service. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Drove up at night to a parking lot that had a huge fence around it - not sure what that meant but I was alone and didn't feel comfortable. The front desk staff is not well trained. The food for lunch and dinner was not great, better to drive 3 miles south to the mall to eat. The breakfast was good. Rooms are clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We always take both positive and not so positive feedback to our team so that we can focus on certain areas. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip to the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

From the get-go, the staff was incredibly accommodating. After my sister's unexpected death we needed to be there to pull everything together for an estate sale. After driving in from Michigan, the staff saw we were a bit bedraggled and offered us beverages. Throughout our eight-night stay, they were welcoming, accommodating, and just terrific. We'll be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
We are very glad that you found some comfort staying with us during a very difficult time. I know that my staff enjoyed having you here and we hope to see you again in the future under better circumstances.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I took the shuttle from DFW and it took about 10 minutes. Hot breakfast was good. The rooms were clean and the staff extremely friendly. Not much to eat but they do have a light menu in the hotel for lunch and dinner

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you were able to experience our wonderful associates who take great pride in providing superior customer service. We hope to see you again soon.
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Excellent! Rooms are spotless! Breakfast included and very good. Shuttle to airport well organized. Michael at front desk provided excellent service. The price was reasonable, all in all exactly what you want in a hotel near the airport.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are happy that your stay with us went so well. Michael is truly a great asset to us and I will be sure to pass on your comments to him. We hope to see you again in the near future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We booked for the weekend of the Cowboys/Packers game, and the score wasn't the only disappointment. Note that the hotel is NOT on the trolley line and you will have to drive or cab it to the stadium. Coming back, we waited over an hour to get into a cab.

We left our room about 12:30, removing the "come back later" sign. The maids were still on the floor and at least one observed us leaving. When we returned that night, our room had not been touched. We had to ask for more towels. We observed a set of towels at the main desk, so it appears we weren't the only guests who were ignored.

Check in was bizarre. One person was staffing the desk, checking in customers AND serving as bartender. The hotel does not have any vending machines, so if you want a soft drink or a snack, you have to report to the front desk and get the attention of the lone staffer.

The complimentary breakfast was all right - pre-made breakfast sandwiches, pancakes (they were very tough), and french toast and waffles on the second morning. The coffee is good. But again, a lack of staff was problematic. I had to ask for silverware (there was none the second day, even though we were down there quite early).

I agree with the comment about the bathroom not being laid out well. To open the door around the commode, you have to step all the way back to the tub. I didn't once and banged my toe badly. The bathroom needed renovating - lots of chips in the tub and the commode and tub were a yucky dated dark beige color.

I doubt we would stay here again. The only reason we did is because we decided to go to the game at the last minute and this hotel was the only one with availability. Now we know why.

Room Tip: The fifth floor was fine except we could easily hear people in other rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry that your stay was not up to your standards. I will use your feedback to share with my housekeeping department to ensure that rooms are being cleaned in a timely manner. I do hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town. Thanks again for your comments.

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie? Share your experiences!