“What do you have to do to get your room cleaned when paying $500 for the weekend?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1542 North Highway 360, Grand Prairie, TX 75050 (Formerly "AmeriSuites")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay More, Save More
Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Grand Prairie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We booked for the weekend of the Cowboys/Packers game, and the score wasn't the only disappointment. Note that the hotel is NOT on the trolley line and you will have to drive or cab it to the stadium. Coming back, we waited over an hour to get into a cab.

We left our room about 12:30, removing the "come back later" sign. The maids were still on the floor and at least one observed us leaving. When we returned that night, our room had not been touched. We had to ask for more towels. We observed a set of towels at the main desk, so it appears we weren't the only guests who were ignored.

Check in was bizarre. One person was staffing the desk, checking in customers AND serving as bartender. The hotel does not have any vending machines, so if you want a soft drink or a snack, you have to report to the front desk and get the attention of the lone staffer.

The complimentary breakfast was all right - pre-made breakfast sandwiches, pancakes (they were very tough), and french toast and waffles on the second morning. The coffee is good. But again, a lack of staff was problematic. I had to ask for silverware (there was none the second day, even though we were down there quite early).

I agree with the comment about the bathroom not being laid out well. To open the door around the commode, you have to step all the way back to the tub. I didn't once and banged my toe badly. The bathroom needed renovating - lots of chips in the tub and the commode and tub were a yucky dated dark beige color.

I doubt we would stay here again. The only reason we did is because we decided to go to the game at the last minute and this hotel was the only one with availability. Now we know why.

Room Tip: The fifth floor was fine except we could easily hear people in other rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry that your stay was not up to your standards. I will use your feedback to share with my housekeeping department to ensure that rooms are being cleaned in a timely manner. I do hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town. Thanks again for your comments.

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The shower layout was poorly thought out. The food was great but I wish it could be delivered to the room instead of going to the lobby to pick it up. I liked the room, very comfortable and basic for a business trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. We appreciate your feedback and always use our feedback to improve. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Although the staff was very pleasant this was not what I expected from a Hyatt property. We were told when booking the room that no King rooms were available but they could put us in a room with two queen beds. We were put in a room with two double beds and told that was all that was available unless we wanted to move in the middle of our stay. Tiles in the bathroom were coming off the floor, furniture looked worn and the room didn't "feel " clean. The windows had not been cleaned in a very long time . The equipment in the fitness room was not all functioning, there was no cups for the water in the water machine . I noticed there were no towels or supplies to clean the equipment after use.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Nice hotel. We hadn't stayed at at Hyatt Place before so was a bit surprised that it was more like a motel than our usual Hyatt experience. Breakfast was nice, staff was friendly. The best part was the motel like parking; no valet parking was necessary. We would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Angie H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm glad your found our spacious parking lot met your needs. We hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before without problems, but this time that wasn't the case. My reservations got mixed up, glad I had it printed out. Then after the 1st night while in Dallas I got a call asking why my belongings were still in the room...because I booked for 4 nights!! The caller was disrespectful and had an attitude. It was a busy weekend for the hotel because of 2 football games and the event I was there for. They should have planned accordingly. Breakfast was out of many items and silverware...and coffee!!
Hope they can get their act together because this is a good location and the rooms are nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It sounds like your stay with us was a frustrating one and I am sorry for that. We have made some changes in regards to how we staff during the busy football season. I do hope that you will give us another chance. Thanks again for your comments.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This little gem is located off Hwy 360 near I30 in Grand Prairie, TX. The property is well maintained, well lit, had a nice lobby and friendly staff. We stayed for one night while scouting out a future venue for a concert we will be attending. It was easy to find for a first timer in the area and our room was spacious, comfortable and included nice amenities like a small refrigerator, separate living room area and more.

Room Tip: While they don't have room service in the fullest sense, there is a room menu that allows you to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Angie H, Manager at Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that our hotel was a good fit for you. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Grand Prairie.
Saint Charles, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I checked in for a prepaid three night stay. I went to my room and found a filthy carpet and when I pulled back the sheets there was a red stain on the sheets. I was moved to a 'better' room. That room had stained carpet, a bad odor, hair in the drawers and burnt out light bulbs. Even though I prepaid for three nights I left the hotel and moved to a different hotel. Do not waste your money.

Room Tip: Book the Hyatt in Arlington on Road to Six Flags. It's clean and beautiful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas/North Arlington/Grand Prairie? Share your experiences!