“The worst hotel experience i've ever had” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Suites of America-GR Prairie

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grand Prairie
Budget Suites of America-GR Prairie
You added Budget Suites of America-GR Prairie to your Saves list
2770 N.Highway 360, Grand Prairie, TX 75050   |
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Grand Prairie
A TripAdvisor Member
“The worst hotel experience i've ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

While in between apartments, my boyfriend and i decided to stay at one of the extended stay hotels because it seemed convenient and affordable for a short time. The Budget Suites of America was the absolute worst experience of hotel living and makes me question even renting anywhere ever again. We were never at any point treated like guests and more like criminals when the only time we would see any staff member from the hotel was if we were a day late on our weekly rent pounding down our door demanding money, talk about unproffessional, or oddly enough i did see a security guard every now and then changing a light bulb outside my door, huh!!! I did not feel safe for many reasons and would not reccommend anyone, especially a woman, to stay here unless you have your own personal bodyguard. The cleanliness standards were ridiculous and for the amount you pay it shouldn't be too much to ask for a maid to come by maybe once a week. Apparently you have to pay extra for that, as well as if you want to use thier bedding and linens. We paid $220+ every week with the surcharge, and the "corner room" fee which was an extra $10 every week that they failed to tell us about right away. It seemed they had alot of maintenance people out doing repairs and landscaping all the time but would like to have known what if any repairs were being done. We had a toilet problem for a couple weeks and i heard all kinds of ticking and odd noises which seemed to be coming from the appliances but who knows. All i know is it always seemed like alot going on, noises and the leaf blower i heard outside my building at least once a week for hours on end, and nothing really getting fixed. Overall i have stayed at many hotels, none have been extended stay, but it only took one night to get a very bad feeling about the entire hotel and operation.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2005

Since Budget Suites , does not offer a Customer Service contact number, I can only wright this review.
Well doing business with them for 12 months, I found out I could have been saving $112.00 every month, well I did change to the lowere rate, went to Texas to visit my Son, went to the Budget Suite and they told me he was not registered there, go try another one, I kept tell the person he was there, but the man would not listen to me. I called my son and he came down to the lobby. Now silly me I contuined to use there service for my Son. Now it has been 14 months that I have been paying Budget Suites, due to medical reasons I was not able to get out and fax the authorization letter, I called and the Manager there at the time saied it was alright just to verify my CC number since I had been doing busniess with them for 14 months. Well I thought everything was good. My Son called and saied he had only two hours to pay or get out. I caaled there and asked to speak to the Manager and a Lady ( I use this word very loosely) Nellie she saied she was the manager and I could not do that, I had to fax over the authorization form, I tried to explain the isue, that I could not get out and get it faxed, I then asked to speak to someone higher, she than saied she was the VP and held to that I had to fax or my son would be locked out, I asked her is this how she treats her customers and she saied "YES", I then asked to speak to someone else and she told me she was the President and Vice President and she would not help me out. So I had to get my Son another place(I am living in Michigan) So that is the kind of treatment Budget Suites I will never NEVER deal with them again and will pass on this information to everyone I know.

Been to Budget Suites of America-GR Prairie? Share your experiences!