“Historic town square location; specific urge to fill.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nutt House Historic Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granbury
Nutt House Historic Hotel
You added Nutt House Historic Hotel to your Saves list
119 East Bridge Street, Granbury, TX 76048   |
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Granbury
Medford, Oregon, United States
“Historic town square location; specific urge to fill.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

With so many incredible options in Granbury, this hotel would serve a specific purpose. If you want an adventure and a possible ghost sighting, this might possibly be your choice.

If you really enjoy older things and interesting sights. This might be a hotel you would be interested in.

Owner is very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My wife and I booked the Jacob Nutt King Suite and could not have been more pleased. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was very nice and big with a large tub and stand-up shower. There are cool "old-timey" antiques placed throughout the hotel and room which was a nice touch. It truly was like going back in time. The breakfast was great and the staff was top notch. Very friendly and good people.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Love everything about this place! My daughter and I stayed here and we were the only people in the place! This was a couple of years or so ago, when there was a restaurant attached. And the restaurant was wonderful! Sorry to see that gone!
Stepping in, you will be transported back to a more romantic place in time.. Although that is not why we were there, obviously... Just a mama/daughter weekend together.. But we had a Great time! Granbury is a gorgeous little town, with nice restaurants, shops, and atmosphere!
We didn't see any dust! BUT we did have a ghostly guest visit us that evening! Room number 4 ....

Room Tip: Choose room number 4.... It comes with a ghost!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Three of us settled in on Friday afternoon, and we really enjoyed our stay. The staff is friendly and will do their best to make things right. There are both pros and cons to staying in old, historic building with only seven rooms.

Let's look at the positives first: the building has real character, and the rooms are decorated with an eye to the history. The toiletries are handmade and decadent. The fixtures in the bathrooms are updated, and each room has a tub large enough for a nice bubble-bath soak. There is a large, open common area that is well furnished and comfy. Every room has a full-sized coffee pot, iron, and ironing board. The owner greets visitors as if they are old friends and does her best to ensure that needs are met and that everyone is having a good time. She even keeps a selection of books in that common area!Breakfast is good, but not great. It's similar to what is served in other hotels, and there is plenty of it: waffles, sausage, gravy, biscuits, pastries, jams, jellies, cereal, yogurt and the like. The beds are all new and comfortable, and there are extra blankets, plenty of pillows, and sitting areas in every room. Plus, every room has its own heat/air control, which is nice. The bathrooms have separate heaters, too, and one can make it quite cozy.

Now, the negatives. Sigh - this is the part I hate to put out there. The place could be cleaner. It's not dirty, but it's dusty. Even the tub was dusty and had a bug in it (this is the second time I've had a bug in my tub). My room did not have a hair dryer. For me, that's not a problem, but most guests expect that commodity. The only coffee in the rooms is instant: yuck! There was no sugar in my room, and I had to ask for it. Also, the rooms are open to the public during the day IF there are no guests checked into them. Sometimes those visitors steal the toiletries, and they aren't replaced in time for the guests. That is disappointing and guests don't know to ask for those. Finally, there is no elevator, and getting help to get luggage up the steep stairs is hit or miss. If the gentleman who works there is present, he helps. But he isn't always there in the afternoon when guests arrive. Since there isn't an elevator, pack light!

All in all, I love the Nutt House Hotel, but I don't like having to wipe out my tub before my relaxing soak. Perhaps one of us should actually tell the owner instead of simply posting here. I believe I'll do that today.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Interesting decor with lots of local connections, overlooking the best town square in Texas. We were unable to get home in the recent ice storm and ended up with a wonderful mini vacation at the Nutt Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
Roanoke, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Having stayed here three times before, was looking forward to this trip. Hotel upkeep seems to have dropped dramatically. Very dusty, baseboards, picture frames, fan, everything covered with a thick layer of dusty crud. Yuck! Breakfast was terrible, even coffee was horrible. Very dissapointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Athens, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were very disappointed in our room. The room appeared to be one that was not used often. Comparing this room to others that were open, we felt like we had "the ugly duckling." The other rooms appeared to be well decorated and had a finished look. Ours was very haphazardly decorated. The mirror in our bedroom dresser had a layer of dust on it and the coffee pot had leftover coffee in it plus no coffee packets available if we wanted to make coffee. The glassware on the dresser was also dusty. The tub looked dirty with some dead bugs in it. There was no hair dryer in the room as I had been told. I did complain to a gentleman there and he came in and tried to make things better. Now the positives. The bathroom other than the dirty tub was great modern and spacious. the hotel Location couldn't be better and the breakfast was pretty much the same as you would get with moderate priced hotel free breakfast. Nice to have but not great. I would consider staying there again IF I could see the room before I reserved, otherwise wouldn't chance it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nutt House Historic Hotel? Share your experiences!