“Not what I expected.” 3 of 5 stars

Description: catfish and burgers
Granbury, Texas
“Not what I expected.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Typically, there are multiple cars parked in the lot at this business; indicating that the food must be pretty good. On a recent Sunday, we purchased 4 fried catfish platters including okra, cole slaw and pinto beans. I must tell you that both Stumpy's and Hoffbrau serve better food than Irby's. I really wanted this to be good, or even better but it simply wasn't. The okra was very oily, the coleslaw had no taste, and the pinto beans; well, let's just say there are better places in Granbury to eat them. I'd recommend passing on down the street on this one.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Rusk, Texas
“Seriously???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I don't know where all of these people that are writing these reviews are eating but it ain't Irby's. This place is horrible. Dirty dishes and silverware were the first turn off. The smell was the second, and the last straw was the catfish I was served was only half cooked. So many people including my own mother have bragged about this place over and over again. Did I go on a bad day perhaps? I will never know because I won't go back.

Granbury
“Small in size, Big in taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This small little café is just the place to visit for some comfort food. Best hamburgers, fish, steak fingers or chicken strips in Granbury. Many out of town folks drive in for this food. Close to the square, and many local eat here daily.

Visited February 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“Catfish and hush puppies are great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Returned to Granbury and was SO happy to see this place still around! I moved from Louisiana to Granbury years ago and Irbys was my happy place. We visited last weekend and were so glad nothings changed and its still there! Even bought a couple bags of hush puppies to take home! Anybody around Granbury that hasn't been to Irby's is missing out. Its great!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas
“Nice Little Hole in the Wall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We wound up here because the place we wanted to go to was already closed (we had not seen any hours posted on the web). Not too bad. My husband had the fried catfish & I had the chicken tenders. Nothing extra special about it but it was good, the staff friendly & under $20 for both of us. Not a first choice for us but we would go back another time.

• Visited September 2013