“Early Check In” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Granbury

You added Holiday Inn Express Granbury to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Granbury
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 N. Plaza Drive, Granbury, TX 76048 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Granbury
“Early Check In”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Hotel was very clean. Breakfast, while challeged with a large group of soccer patrons, was well anticipated and prepared by staff to keep up with the numbers, and the food quality was good. Bed mattress was lumpy, as you could feel the pressure points while sleeping. Something was happening with the pipes, as several times you would hear this repetitive popping from the wall between bathroom and sleeping area, tappering off over a 3-5 minute period. Friends 4 floors higher experienced the very same thing. Tried to check in at 12:30, but was told they were full the night before and check in would be at 3. Later determined that our friends got to check in at 2.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gilmer, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Okay, I can't comment on the breakfast because the bed was so comfy that I slept in! The price was VERY affordable, the room HUGE and the place clean and convenient. The a/c worked great and the room was quiet.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

We had a great time in Granbury. We saw the play Legally Blonde, which was excellent. The Service was great. At breakfast, coffee was refilled for us many times and it s self serve. I loved the pancake machine. Delicious pancakes. Bed comfy. Room clean and pleasant. Jacuzzi and heated pool very awesome.

• Stayed October 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

In our experience, we have found Holiday Inn Express hotels to be one of the most consistent hotel chains we frequent. For the most part, the Granbury HiE meets this expectation. The property and room were immaculately clean, well appointed, the breakfast bar was well stocked and serviced, the staff was friendly and attentive, the TV service was exceptional (37" LG LCD, lots of channels, many in HD), one of the fastest wifi speeds we've had at a Texas hotel. So why only 3 stars? Two issues. 1) The walls seem to be a bit thin. The person in the room next to us snored for the first 3 hours of the night and we could not only hear them, we could feel a slight vibration through the wall. Not much to be done about that I suppose. 2) The mattress was not nearly as comfortable as other HiE locations where we've stayed. The bed also had a mattress cover with a plastic lining which made lots of noise. My wife is a light sleeper and, every time I changed positions, it would disturb her sleep. I really wanted to give this hotel a top rating. It seems they work very hard at hospitality. But sleeping is one of the primary reasons for a hotel and this one failed to deliver a good experience in that regard.

Room Tip: The hotel sits on the major thoroughfare in Granbury (377). A room at the back of the hotel will be...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Granbury, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
Dear SEMc01,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness, staff and room amenities.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the mattress and sound-proofing. We will address these concerns. I assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

I usually stay at the hotel next door but they were booked so I took a chance and stayed here with my granddaughters. The staff was so very friendly and accommodating. The actually checked to make sure I was getting my points and advised me how to move my points from my previously married name to my new name. I was thrilled with the extra help. The pool was wonderful for my grandchildren. I loved all the windows in the pool areas as compared to other hotel pools. Our room was very nice and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Victoria, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

The hotel itself is overall a pleasant place. However, when we checked it it took 3 rooms before we got it right. The first room smelled of smoke even though the entire hotel is supposedly smoke free. The second room had a non-working television, and there was no one available to come up to see if they could get it to work. The third room had a working television, but before it would work we had to go down and get a different remote so that we could use the remote in the room. They changed cable providers, but did not bother to reset all the televisions before guests arrived. In addition, the hotel guide did not have a listing of the correct television channels. It was not a good beginning to our stay, but things did get better after that. The breakfast was good and had a good variety of items to choose from The lady who worked in the breakfast area was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel was overall very clean and neat.

Room Tip: Check out all aspects of your room before you unpack!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Granbury, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Dear Peggy B,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments online. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

I am disappointed to read that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had and for the shortfalls you have encountered. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

The only reason I gave this hotel 1, is due to the courteous staff and clean room.
However, upon arrival, my kids asked for the Wi-Fi password only to discover that Charter had not come out to fix the Wi-Fi. My data jump from 27% to 75% usage, which means my bill will no doubt be higher by the end of this month! Then after we received our key to the 4th floor we were told that the elevator doesn't work!!! We had to carry our luggage up 60 steps as my youngest one counted them out! A little irritated, but still willing to stick it out... I had to go downstairs to the snack store and buy water for our unexpected journey upstairs only to discover they were out of water and only had coke! Ugh!
I called the Hilton and if it weren't for the reservation agent not knowing where her hotel was located, adding to my frustration, we would've left that night!
Breakfast was as expected except for the fact that the pancake maker never worked! The hostess had to fix it every two minutes which left dirty tables empty food trays!!
Again, loved the hospitality of the staff, but felt like Labor Day weekend should run much smoother.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Granbury, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Nicole C,

Thank you for your for writing a review. I am sorry to hear about the issues you may have experienced during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information about your experience.

We hope to hear from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Regards,

Tracy V.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Granbury? Share your experiences!