“Dont stay on lake side” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates as Low as $88
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Granbury
longview, United States
“Dont stay on lake side”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Lake side of hotel has extremely loud wind noise making it difficult to sleep. Be very careful to check the name on your key envelope, they gave me someone elses key and i was in their room before i realized the problem. Also make sure to check to make sure the adjustable bed works before settling in.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Shawn S.

I am very sorry to hear of your experience here with us. Unfortunately being directly on the lake from time to time we do receive the wind. It isn’t very often it blows hard enough to hear however, I am sorry you experienced one of those moments. You will be happy to hear that we are in the process of switching our sleep number beds to Serta Perfect Sleepers for your comfort. Please let me know of your return to the HGI Granbury as we would like to have you as our guest for breakfast.

Jason Stinnette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Oklahoma City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Everything in the hotel was in very good condition, the front desk was very welcoming and helpful. I would highly recommend a stay here, it is definitely one of the nicest Garden Inns I have stayed at. The bathroom felt like it had been recently remodeled with a big walk in shower.

Dear Allison T,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on our HGI and team here. I will be sure to pass them along for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Mabelvale, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I went to Granbury for my father-in-laws funeral Dec. 27th. I made reservations at the Hilton Garden because they are know for their cleanliness and quality. Were we ever disappointed! We arrived at about 11:00am, the funeral was at 1:00pm. When we arrived in our room they had told us about the beds adjusting from firm to soft. While looking for the adjustment dial I pulled back the bedspread to find "pubic" hair on the sheets. I was appalled and immediately called Guest Services. Even though we had completely unpacked we repacked and moved to another room. It was getting close to time to leave for the funeral and as sat on the edge of the bed, putting on my shoes, I noticed the picture on the wall beside the bed had something on it. Upon closer examination I saw that it was a globe of white human bodily fluids that had been ejected onto the picture. I nearly threw up. We had to leave so on the way out I stopped at the front desk, told them abut this new discovery and told them I wanted the room cleaned while we were gone as we did not have time to move to yet another room. Then, the morning we were leaving we went to the restaurant in the hotel to eat. I unwrapped my silverware and found I had a knife that had never made it to the dishwasher. After all this I never heard one word of apology from the management, no offer to make things right, nothing. I would not recommend this hotel to my dog.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
DSain,

I am very sorry to hear of your negative experience here with us. I have addressed your issues with our Housekeeping department & restaurant. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time 817-579-3800 to let me know of a solution that will help to change your image of our team and hotel.

fairmont, WV, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I've stayed in hilton garden inns before..this was so bad. The bed was so hard my lower back hurt the next day. It was suppose to be a fancy bed that you could adjust, i just think it was broken. That is not all, when I went to check in ..I"m standing looking all around the lobby, no one there, except a few people in the bar, and one in the lounge area watching tv.. After 5 mins the person in louge area watching tv was the guest clerk.. He never said anything about welcome, just here's your keys..nothing about hotels or where to go. The next morning, I am looking around for guest clerk person..same thing..different person..she is watching tv....So very sad being this is such a beautiful hotel with a beautiful location.

Room Tip: I was advised beakfast wasn't ready on time because someone called off. They only had one thing...
Marlina D,

I am very sorry to hear had such a horrible experience here with us. Please let me know of your next visit to the area. I would love to able to show you why we are rated so highly in the area. The front desk situation I promise has been addressed and we are receiving new Serta Perfect Sleepers for our beds 2014.

Again we apologize for our lack of customer service and we hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Corsicana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a great property to visit with small children. Our toddler loved the lake view and insisted on going swimming three times during our one-night stay. The immaculately clean rooms were well appointed with striking photos from the surrounding Texas countryside. From the front desk attendant to the breakfast cook, service was offered professionally and with a smile. The toddler cried when we left, and the wife rated this hotel stay second only to the Price Tower in Bartlesville, OK. It will be hard for the HGI to trump Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, but they're giving it their best shot!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Georgina D,

We are very pleased th hear of your outstanding stay with us. However the 'second only to the Price Tower in Bartlesville' reveals a challange here at the Granbury Hilton Garden Inn! Please let me know of your return so that we may show you as well as all of our guests why were are the industry leader in hospitality. :o)

irving, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Excellent service and sweet staff on New Year's Day.Breakfast fantastic. Location great in beautiful Granbury This 200 minimum characters is ridiculous and is one reason I usually don't answer surveys----time is money

Judith R

Thank you for your comments on our team here, I will be sure to pass them along for you.

Odessa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel itself is centrally located and on a beautiful lake. The beds need some updating. The restaurant has excellent food and servers. The pool was great for the kids. The hot tub needs updating. There was just not enough power to provide a relaxing hot tub massage. The work out facility was adequate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jason S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Granbury, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Hey, we have GREAT News for you! All of our beds are being replaced 2014 from the sleep number system to Serta Perfect Sleepers! We look forward to your future stays with us and you can look forward to our new Sertas. :o)

HGI Granbury

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Granbury? Share your experiences!